Depression and Insomnia - from FDA reports
Insomnia is found among people with Depression, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, take medication Cymbalta and have Stress and anxiety. This review analyzes which people have Insomnia with Depression. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 12,751 people who have Depression from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 10, 2017
12,751 people who have Depression and Insomnia are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Depression and experience Insomnia *:
- female: 69.79 %
- male: 30.21 %
Age of people who have Depression and experience Insomnia *:
- 0-1: 0.06 %
- 2-9: 0.1 %
- 10-19: 3.37 %
- 20-29: 8.76 %
- 30-39: 14.27 %
- 40-49: 23.44 %
- 50-59: 25.08 %
- 60+: 24.93 %
Top co-existing conditions for these people *:
- Stress And Anxiety (1,960 people, 15.37%)
- Pain (1,514 people, 11.87%)
- Sleep Disorder (942 people, 7.39%)
- High Blood Pressure (916 people, 7.18%)
- Bipolar Disorder (661 people, 5.18%)
Most common drugs for these people *:
- Cymbalta (2,533 people, 19.87%)
- Seroquel (1,240 people, 9.72%)
- Paxil (1,113 people, 8.73%)
- Zoloft (1,054 people, 8.27%)
- Xanax (824 people, 6.46%)
Top symptoms for these people *:
- Stress And Anxiety (3,903 people, 30.61%)
- Nausea (3,041 people, 23.85%)
- Dizziness (2,958 people, 23.20%)
- Fatigue (2,777 people, 21.78%)
- Agitation (2,669 people, 20.93%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Insomnia and Depression?
- Check symptoms - is your insomnia caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeInsomnia and Depression from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Depression can be treated by Zoloft, Cymbalta, Prozac, Lexapro, Wellbutrin xl (latest reports from 392,574 Depression patients)
Insomnia (sleeplessness) has been reported by people with depression, pain, multiple sclerosis, insomnia, high blood pressure (latest reports from 230,061 Insomnia patients).
Browse all symptoms of Depressiona b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Could your drugs cause InsomniaInsomnia
Other conditions that could case InsomniaInsomnia
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
hi everyone~ i need help with nightmares and night terrors and sleep paralysis... i've had all these issues for my life but since i was diagnosed with hypothyroidism and have been taking levothyroxine it feels like my nightmares are more vivid and jarring 😰 it causes me anxiety at night to ...
You may be interested in these reviews
Even my endocrinologist does not know why I am depressed on Victoria. This is some no joke depression and so bummed because this drug is amazing at keeping my sugars in total control. Has anyone found out medically why it causes depression?
Hi I am new on the group, and I have dopa responsive dystonia, which is well treated. However I often fell very tired doing the day, and often fell like i will never really get my head to wake up. and I often wake up many times doing the night, and can have trouble falling a sleep, but that is ...
I started taking Tumeric 6 days ago for anxiety and depression. I take 550mg in the morning and at bedtime. The first three days were great, but the last three days I have been waking up at 4:15am and was wide awake. I ave read that Tumeric helps with sleep but also read that it creates ...
I've never taken any drugs and recently at 58 yrs old doc says I need blood pressure meds and cholesterol med. taking diovan and was on pravastatin. Having terribly insomnia and struggling to lose weight. Been reading online about insomnia with both meds. Told doc all was well after a month on ...
Hello, my son is 6.5 years and on this growth hormone after a brain tumour and following cancer treatment. He's been taking the drug for a year now and he's become really badly behaved and is displaying signs of depression. Hoping for some help and advice please. Thanks