Diabetes and A-fib - from FDA reports
A-fib is found among people with Diabetes, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, take medication Avandia and have High blood pressure. This review analyzes which people have A-fib with Diabetes. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 3,105 people who have Diabetes from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jan, 22, 2018
3,105 people who have Diabetes and A-Fib are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Diabetes and experience A-Fib *:
- female: 41.44 %
- male: 58.56 %
Age of people who have Diabetes and experience A-Fib *:
- 0-1: 0.13 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.38 %
- 20-29: 0.38 %
- 30-39: 0.77 %
- 40-49: 5.3 %
- 50-59: 23.03 %
- 60+: 70.0 %
Top co-existing conditions for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (469 people, 15.10%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (240 people, 7.73%)
- Preventive Health Care (111 people, 3.57%)
- Type 2 Diabetes (98 people, 3.16%)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (90 people, 2.90%)
Most common drugs for these people *:
- Avandia (1,920 people, 61.84%)
- Metformin (332 people, 10.69%)
- Avandamet (331 people, 10.66%)
- Lasix (292 people, 9.40%)
- Lipitor (205 people, 6.60%)
Top symptoms for these people *:
- Cardiac Failure Congestive (1,253 people, 40.35%)
- Heart Attack (861 people, 27.73%)
- Coronary Heart Disease (573 people, 18.45%)
- Stroke (339 people, 10.92%)
- Cardiac Disorder (217 people, 6.99%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have A-fib and Diabetes?
- Check symptoms - is your a-fib caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- Write a Post - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeA-fib and Diabetes from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Diabetes can be treated by Metformin hydrochloride, Metformin, Lantus, Januvia, Glipizide (latest reports from 291,107 Diabetes patients)
A-fib (most common type of arrhythmia) has been reported by people with atrial fibrillation/flutter, high blood pressure, diabetes, multiple myeloma, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 181,338 A-fib patients).
Browse all symptoms of Diabetesa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Could your drugs cause A-fibA-fib
Other conditions that could case A-fibA-fib
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
when metformin was used for my diabetes my complete metabolic panel was normal but sitagliptin was added and my kidney function started getting abnormal. I stopped taking metformin per my md and 3months later my kidney functions got worse. lactic acid level also went up.
I've had 3 ablasions in 6 years and i can't take a chance of this garcinia if it will react with tikosyn. My blood pressure goes to 200/110 i need to lose weight. Hoping that this garcinia will help. I'm 40 pounds over weight. Thanks
You may be interested in these posts
My husband has been taking Repatha for about 9 months. He has the familial high cholesterol and had a calcium score showing massive heart disease. His total score was 804. He has been super active all of his life, does not have high blood pressure and is 60 years old. He is not overweight. His ...
i kept having to be ammitted to hospital i was in so much pain in one testical at least 5 visits to hospital ,the last visit i was on morfine in the hospital bed next day i was released from hospital the pain had eased,next few weeks my testical was just hard i went to the doctor he said it is ...