Diverticulitis and Flatulence - from FDA reports
Flatulence is found among people with Diverticulitis, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, take medication Codeine and have Migraine. This review analyzes which people have Flatulence with Diverticulitis. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 20 people who have Diverticulitis from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 22, 2017
20 people who have Diverticulitis and Flatulence are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Diverticulitis and experience Flatulence *:
- female: 75 %
- male: 25 %
Age of people who have Diverticulitis and experience Flatulence *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 7.14 %
- 60+: 92.86 %
Top co-existing conditions for these people *:
- Migraine (5 people, 25.00%)
- High Blood Pressure (4 people, 20.00%)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (4 people, 20.00%)
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (4 people, 20.00%)
- Supplementation Therapy (2 people, 10.00%)
Most common drugs for these people *:
- Nexium (5 people, 25.00%)
- Codeine (5 people, 25.00%)
- Pradaxa (4 people, 20.00%)
- Acidophilus (3 people, 15.00%)
- Toprol-Xl (2 people, 10.00%)
Top symptoms for these people *:
- Diarrhea (11 people, 55.00%)
- Headache (8 people, 40.00%)
- Throat Irritation (6 people, 30.00%)
- Migraine (6 people, 30.00%)
- Malaise (6 people, 30.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Flatulence and Diverticulitis?
- Check symptoms - is your flatulence caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeFlatulence and Diverticulitis from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Diverticulitis (digestive disease which involves the formation of pouches (diverticula) within the bowel wall) can be treated by Flagyl, Metronidazole, Ciprofloxacin, Ciprofloxacin hydrochloride, Levaquin (latest reports from 16,264 Diverticulitis patients)
Flatulence (flatus expelled through the anus) has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure (latest reports from 35,902 Flatulence patients).
Browse all symptoms of Diverticulitisa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Could your drugs cause FlatulenceFlatulence
Other conditions that could case FlatulenceFlatulence
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
Hey everyone, I am new to the group. My husband is suffering a bad bout of diverticulitis and all he is doing is sleeping-even in the middle of the day. Is this normal? He hasn't gone to the doctor yet and is hoping he can beat it in his own. I finally called the doctor but in the meanwhile, I'm ...