Ear infection and Otitis - from FDA reports
Otitis is found among people with Ear infection, especially for people who are female, 2-9 old, take medication Amoxicillin and have Sinusitis. This review analyzes which people have Otitis with Ear infection. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 198 people who have Ear infection from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 08, 2017
198 people who have Ear Infection and Otitis are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Ear Infection and experience Otitis *:
- female: 53.55 %
- male: 46.45 %
Age of people who have Ear Infection and experience Otitis *:
- 0-1: 4.61 %
- 2-9: 21.05 %
- 10-19: 3.95 %
- 20-29: 9.87 %
- 30-39: 7.89 %
- 40-49: 13.16 %
- 50-59: 19.08 %
- 60+: 18.42 %
Top co-existing conditions for these people *:
- Sinusitis (19 people, 9.60%)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (16 people, 8.08%)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (15 people, 7.58%)
- Crohn's Disease (13 people, 6.57%)
- Depression (12 people, 6.06%)
Most common drugs for these people *:
- Amoxicillin (35 people, 17.68%)
- Humira (23 people, 11.62%)
- Zithromax (19 people, 9.60%)
- Cipro (13 people, 6.57%)
- Children's Motrin (13 people, 6.57%)
Top symptoms for these people *:
- Sinusitis (28 people, 14.14%)
- Rashes (22 people, 11.11%)
- Nausea And Vomiting (21 people, 10.61%)
- Dizziness (19 people, 9.60%)
- Diarrhea (18 people, 9.09%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Otitis and Ear infection?
- Check symptoms - is your otitis caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeOtitis and Ear infection from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Ear infection can be treated by Amoxicillin, Azithromycin, Cefdinir, Cephalexin, Amoxicillin pediatric (latest reports from 14,207 Ear infection patients)
Otitis (ear infection) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, psoriasis, psoriatic arthropathy, crohn's disease (latest reports from 14,207 Otitis patients).
Browse all symptoms of Ear infectiona b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Could your drugs cause OtitisOtitis
Other conditions that could case OtitisOtitis
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
You may be interested in these reviews
I developed ear sores a week ago. Went to the doc in the box as one ear would not stop bleeding. He told me that I had a ruptured ear drum. I told my Onc today about the issue and she said there is no way Afinitor caused the problem. I knew she was wrong. Came back to work and googled it ...