Emphysema and Dyspepsia - from FDA reports
Dyspepsia is found among people with Emphysema, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, take medication Spiriva and have Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. This review analyzes which people have Dyspepsia with Emphysema. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 83 people who have Emphysema from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Oct, 22, 2017
83 people who have Emphysema and Dyspepsia are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Emphysema and experience Dyspepsia *:
- female: 74.07 %
- male: 25.93 %
Age of people who have Emphysema and experience Dyspepsia *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 11.32 %
- 50-59: 22.64 %
- 60+: 66.04 %
Top co-existing conditions for these people *:
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (23 people, 27.71%)
- Quit Smoking (15 people, 18.07%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (10 people, 12.05%)
- High Blood Pressure (9 people, 10.84%)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (8 people, 9.64%)
Most common drugs for these people *:
- Spiriva (31 people, 37.35%)
- Symbicort (17 people, 20.48%)
- Chantix (12 people, 14.46%)
- Nexium (10 people, 12.05%)
- Albuterol (10 people, 12.05%)
Top symptoms for these people *:
- Nausea (21 people, 25.30%)
- Chest Pain (16 people, 19.28%)
- Breathing Difficulty (16 people, 19.28%)
- Stress And Anxiety (13 people, 15.66%)
- Diarrhea (11 people, 13.25%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Dyspepsia and Emphysema?
- Check symptoms - is your dyspepsia caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeDyspepsia and Emphysema from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Emphysema (chronic respiratory disease - over inflation of the air sacs (alveoli) in the lungs) can be treated by Spiriva, Advair diskus 250/50, Symbicort, Albuterol sulfate, Albuterol (latest reports from 19,182 Emphysema patients)
Dyspepsia (indigestion) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, pain, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, type 2 diabetes (latest reports from 86,783 Dyspepsia patients).
Browse all symptoms of Emphysemaa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Could your drugs cause DyspepsiaDyspepsia
Other conditions that could case DyspepsiaDyspepsia
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
Diarhea and Spririva use ? Notice chart on this website shows the diarhea condition almost disappears in last two years of study. Why? Would love someone to share what has been done to counteract this reaction to the drug. Thanks.
You may be interested in these reviews
I'm 62 years old and have Primary Myelofibrosis, diagnosed in 2014. Two days ago I was told by my doctor that I now have emphysema. I don't cough, I don't smoke. And just cant accept this additional diagnosis. I am to go to an pulmonologist to receive further testing and medication. I'm in ...
I am 75 and have started experiencing bronchospasm following dyspepsia. I could not catch my breath last night and it is the first time I have felt I would die imminently. I made myself try to relax which was not easy , facing suffocation. Eventually i caught my breath . My husband was out of ...
Hi, I have been on hydroxyurea for about 18 years and constantly have indigestion but without acid reflux, does anyone else have this happen to them ?. If so what do you take to help with the symptoms. Would appreciate any feedback back. Cheers Debbie