Enterococcal bacteraemia and Thrombocytopenia
Thrombocytopenia is found among people with Enterococcal bacteraemia, especially for people who are male, 60+ old.
The study analyzes which people have Thrombocytopenia with Enterococcal bacteraemia. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 20 people who have Enterococcal bacteraemia from the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
20 people who have Enterococcal Bacteraemia and Thrombocytopenia are studied.
What is Enterococcal bacteraemia?
Enterococcal bacteraemia (presence of bacteria lactic acid in the blood) is found to be associated with 606 drugs and 283 conditions by eHealthMe.
What is Thrombocytopenia?
Thrombocytopenia (decrease of platelets in blood) is found to be associated with 3,858 drugs and 4,386 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Thrombocytopenia in Enterococcal bacteraemia reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Enterococcal Bacteraemia and experienced Thrombocytopenia *:
- female: 31.58 %
- male: 68.42 %
Age of people who have Enterococcal Bacteraemia and experienced Thrombocytopenia *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 21.43 %
- 50-59: 28.57 %
- 60+: 50.0 %
Common co-existing conditions for these people *:
- Staphylococcal Bacteraemia (a bacterial infection of blood): 2 people, 10.00%
- Infection: 1 person, 5.00%
- Haemolytic Uraemic Syndrome (blood clotting disease caused by e. coli infection, birth control pills, pneumonia, medications, and more): 1 person, 5.00%
- Endocarditis (inflammation in heart muscle): 1 person, 5.00%
- Bone Marrow Disorder: 1 person, 5.00%
- Acute Myeloid Leukaemia (acute cancer in which the bone marrow makes abnormal myeloblasts): 1 person, 5.00%
Common drugs taken by these people *:
- Vancomycin: 9 people, 45.00%
- Zyvox: 6 people, 30.00%
- Cubicin: 6 people, 30.00%
- Metronidazole: 5 people, 25.00%
- Levofloxacin: 5 people, 25.00%
- Acyclovir: 5 people, 25.00%
- Fentanyl: 4 people, 20.00%
- Linezolid: 4 people, 20.00%
- Azithromycin: 4 people, 20.00%
- Hydrocortisone: 4 people, 20.00%
Common symptoms for these people *:
- Haemoglobin Decreased: 4 people, 20.00%
- White Blood Cell Count Decreased: 3 people, 15.00%
- Rhabdomyolysis (a condition in which damaged skeletal muscle tissue breaks down): 3 people, 15.00%
- Haematocrit Decreased: 3 people, 15.00%
- Carbon Dioxide Decreased: 3 people, 15.00%
- Septic Shock (shock due to blood infection): 3 people, 15.00%
- Multi-Organ Failure (multisystem organ failure): 3 people, 15.00%
- Blood Bilirubin Increased: 2 people, 10.00%
- Fluid Overload (too much fluid in the blood): 2 people, 10.00%
- General Physical Health Deterioration (weak health status): 2 people, 10.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take medications and have Thrombocytopenia?Check whether Thrombocytopenia is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- YavasogluI, I., TurgutkayaII, A., & BolamanIII, Z., "Chlorella-induced thrombocytopenia", DATA, 2018 Jan .
- Rasmy A, Rahal M, Kisana M, Ahmad S, Salah A, "Morphine induced thrombocytopenia: A case report", Journal of Case Reports and Images in Oncology, 2015 Dec .
- Onder H, Arsava EM, Arat A, Topcuoglu MA, "Acute middle cerebral artery occlusion treated by thrombectomy in a patient with myelodysplastic syndrome and severe thrombocytopenia", Journal of vascular and interventional neurology, 2015 Jan .
Treatments, associated drugs and conditions:
COVID vaccines that are related to Thrombocytopenia:
- Thrombocytopenia in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Thrombocytopenia in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Thrombocytopenia in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Thrombocytopenia:
All the drugs that are associated with Thrombocytopenia:
- Thrombocytopenia (3,858 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Thrombocytopenia:
All the conditions that are associated with Thrombocytopenia:
- Thrombocytopenia (4,386 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study is based on Thrombocytopenia and Enterococcal bacteraemia, and their synonyms.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Hepatic Cyst and Pain In Extremity - a second ago
- Tramadol and Ravicti drug interaction - 12 seconds ago
- Docetaxel and Stroke - 16 seconds ago
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease in Ritonavir, how severe and when it was recovered? - 18 seconds ago
- Buspirone Hydrochloride and Remeron drug interaction - 31 seconds ago
- Pulmicort and Anaphylaxis - 37 seconds ago
- Calciparine and Endocarditis - 38 seconds ago
- Verapamil Hydrochloride and Dermal Cyst - 39 seconds ago
- Bactrim and Soma drug interaction - 45 seconds ago
- Neulasta and Muscle Spasms - a minute ago