Epilepsy and Pain - from FDA reports
Pain is found among people with Epilepsy, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, take medication Lamictal and have Convulsion. This review analyzes which people have Pain with Epilepsy. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 520 people who have Epilepsy from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 24, 2017
520 people who have Epilepsy and Pain are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Epilepsy and experience Pain *:
- female: 69.25 %
- male: 30.75 %
Age of people who have Epilepsy and experience Pain *:
- 0-1: 1.23 %
- 2-9: 3.69 %
- 10-19: 6.16 %
- 20-29: 13.55 %
- 30-39: 18.97 %
- 40-49: 17.73 %
- 50-59: 16.5 %
- 60+: 21.92 %
Top co-existing conditions for these people *:
- Convulsion (48 people, 9.23%)
- High Blood Pressure (38 people, 7.31%)
- Depression (35 people, 6.73%)
- Fibromyalgia (25 people, 4.81%)
- Sleep Disorder (24 people, 4.62%)
Most common drugs for these people *:
- Lamictal (98 people, 18.85%)
- Keppra (81 people, 15.58%)
- Dilantin (62 people, 11.92%)
- Tegretol (60 people, 11.54%)
- Depakene (43 people, 8.27%)
Top symptoms for these people *:
- Rashes (103 people, 19.81%)
- Headache (96 people, 18.46%)
- Fever (85 people, 16.35%)
- Convulsion (79 people, 15.19%)
- Nausea (72 people, 13.85%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Pain and Epilepsy?
- Check symptoms - is your pain caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- Write a Post - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMePain and Epilepsy from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Epilepsy (common and diverse set of chronic neurological disorders characterized by seizures) can be treated by Lamictal, Keppra, Tegretol, Lamotrigine, Topamax (latest reports from 61,299 Epilepsy patients)
Pain has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, pain, multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, birth control (latest reports from 494,244 Pain patients).
Browse all symptoms of Epilepsya b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Could your drugs cause PainPain
Other conditions that could case PainPain
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
I handle workers' comp claims. I recently took over a claim involving a middle-aged male who relies on self-cath 6+ times daily. He was born spina bifida but has this problem now as a result of back surgery from job-related accident. While there may be no alternative to his self catherization, ...
Hi, I have been having severe cramps for a couple weeks now. About a month ago I started having diarrhea, tmi I know, and then a couple weeks later I was constipated. I have been having irregular bleeding with clots and also discharge with a bit of odor. I have severe pressure when I have both ...