Gastroesophageal reflux disease and Anaphylaxis - from FDA reports
Anaphylaxis is found among people with Gastroesophageal reflux disease, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, take medication Nexium and have Asthma. This review analyzes which people have Anaphylaxis with Gastroesophageal reflux disease. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 308 people who have Gastroesophageal reflux disease from FDA , and is updated regularly.
308 people who have Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease and Anaphylaxis are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease and experience Anaphylaxis *:
- female: 75.9 %
- male: 24.1 %
Age of people who have Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease and experience Anaphylaxis *:
- 0-1: 1.16 %
- 2-9: 0.78 %
- 10-19: 3.88 %
- 20-29: 3.1 %
- 30-39: 13.95 %
- 40-49: 19.77 %
- 50-59: 27.52 %
- 60+: 29.84 %
Top co-existing conditions for these people *:
- Asthma: 82 people, 26.62%
- High Blood Pressure: 72 people, 23.38%
- Hypersensitivity: 40 people, 12.99%
- Pain: 29 people, 9.42%
- Allergic Rhinitis: 29 people, 9.42%
Most common drugs for these people *:
- Nexium: 66 people, 21.43%
- Xolair: 54 people, 17.53%
- Singulair: 48 people, 15.58%
- Protonix: 33 people, 10.71%
- Albuterol: 32 people, 10.39%
Top symptoms for these people *:
- Breathing Difficulty: 50 people, 16.23%
- Urticaria (rash of round, red welts on the skin that itch intensely): 48 people, 15.58%
- Rashes (redness): 31 people, 10.06%
- Hypotension (abnormally low blood pressure): 23 people, 7.47%
- Dizziness: 23 people, 7.47%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you have Anaphylaxis with Gastroesophageal reflux disease?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Anaphylaxis
- Predict new side effects and undetected conditions
- Connect with people like you, or share your experience to help people like you
- Print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease
Gastroesophageal reflux disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus) can be treated by Omeprazole, Nexium, Prilosec, Protonix, Prevacid (latest reports from 144,291 Gastroesophageal reflux disease patients)
Anaphylaxis (serious allergic reaction that is rapid in onset and may cause death) has been reported by people with asthma, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, preventive health care (latest reports from 44,957 Anaphylaxis patients).
Drugs that are associated with AnaphylaxisAnaphylaxis (2,353 drugs)
Other conditions that could cause AnaphylaxisAnaphylaxis (1,949 conditions)
Browse all symptoms of Gastroesophageal reflux diseasea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Azkur D, Yoldas T, Toyran M, Kocabas CN, "A pediatric case of anaphylaxis due to octreotide", Asian Pacific journal of allergy and immunology, 2011 Dec .
- Anđelić N, Erdeljan S, Popović R, Božić T, "Anaphylaxis on graft reperfusion during orthotopic liver transplantation: A case study", Srpski arhiv za celokupno lekarstvo, 2012 Jan .
- Thangakunam B, Christopher DJ, Mathews V, Srivastava A, "Mesenchymal stromal stem cell therapy in advanced interstitial lung disease-Anaphylaxis and short-term follow-up", Lung India: official organ of Indian Chest Society, 2015 Jan .
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who have Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease and Anaphylaxis
- Support group for people who have Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (683 members)
- Support group for people who have Anaphylaxis (75 members)
You may be interested in these posts
- I have had 3 incidents of anaphylaxis within 1 year, , the worst case was 1-2 hours a violent stomach virus with vomiting and diarrhea.
- I had to stop copaxone after having five anaphylactic shock hat put me in the ER around ten years ago. Since then I went on Tysabri which gave me the first sign of PML so I stopped it. I went on to Tecfedera and then Ocrevus which both dropped my lyphocyte count. I have had MS for 32 years and I...
- I am a 55 year old woman take.5 mg Xanax for tinnitus and aid in sleep. Have developed acid reflux and am in pain. Taking proton pump inhibitor but not helping. Started thinking that my use of Xanax at night may be causing my acid reflux. Want to see if others have had this experience as...
- How common is anaphylaxis in people with RA?
- Hi, my name is barbara Ive been on Xarelto for 9 mos.In the last few months ive had terrible heartburn,cramps, and acid or burning that's gotten worse.Recently, i just had my yearly physical and was told my lab work was good,but i had blood in my urine done under a microscope.Ihad to go have a...
- Cabazitaxel and Hydrochlorothiazide drug interaction
- Will you have Troponin Increased with Magnesium Deficiency?
- Will you have Viith Nerve Paralysis with Marijuana?
- Will you have Salmonella Sepsis with Zinc Sulphate Turbidity Abnormal?
- Will you have Eye Pain with Effexor Xr?
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who take Cabazitaxel and Hydrochlorothiazide
- Support group for people who have Magnesium Deficiency and Troponin Increased?
- Support group for people who take Marijuana and have Viith Nerve Paralysis?
- Support group for people who have Zinc Sulphate Turbidity Abnormal and Salmonella Sepsis?
- Support group for people who take Effexor Xr and have Eye Pain?
- What to expect when you take Cabazitaxel and Hydrochlorothiazide
- What to expect when you have Magnesium Deficiency and Troponin Increased?
- What to expect when you take Marijuana and have Viith Nerve Paralysis?
- What to expect when you have Zinc Sulphate Turbidity Abnormal and Salmonella Sepsis?
- What to expect when you take Effexor Xr and have Eye Pain?
- A study for a 6 year old boy who takes Zonisamide
- A study for a 36 year old woman who takes Zoloft, Prilosec, Buspar
- A study for a 68 year old man who takes Crestor
- A study for a 51 year old woman who takes Ciprofloxacin
- A study for a 33 year old woman who takes Sertraline Hydrochloride
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.