Gastroesophageal reflux disease and Anxiety - from FDA reports
Anxiety is found among people with Gastroesophageal reflux disease, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, take medication Nexium and have High blood pressure. This review analyzes which people have Anxiety with Gastroesophageal reflux disease. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 3,311 people who have Gastroesophageal reflux disease from FDA , and is updated regularly.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our original studies have been referenced on 400+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including: The Lancet, and Mayo Clinic Proceedings.
3,311 people who have Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease and Anxiety are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease and experience Anxiety *:
- female: 73.22 %
- male: 26.78 %
Age of people who have Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease and experience Anxiety *:
- 0-1: 0.26 %
- 2-9: 0.22 %
- 10-19: 2.38 %
- 20-29: 6.03 %
- 30-39: 10.73 %
- 40-49: 21.94 %
- 50-59: 25.62 %
- 60+: 32.81 %
Top co-existing conditions for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure: 758 people, 22.89%
- Depression: 724 people, 21.87%
- Pain: 616 people, 18.60%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 595 people, 17.97%
- Quit Smoking: 325 people, 9.82%
Most common drugs for these people *:
- Nexium: 1,086 people, 32.80%
- Prilosec: 647 people, 19.54%
- Prevacid: 437 people, 13.20%
- Protonix: 369 people, 11.14%
- Omeprazole: 356 people, 10.75%
Top symptoms for these people *:
- Depression: 1,177 people, 35.55%
- Pain: 745 people, 22.50%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 528 people, 15.95%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 524 people, 15.83%
- Breathing Difficulty: 489 people, 14.77%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Anxiety with Gastroesophageal reflux disease?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Anxiety
- Predict new side effects and undetected conditions
- Share you experience to help people like you
We suggest these affordable tests for self monitoring. You can order them and receive results on eHealthMe. No doctor referral or insurance necessary.
- Cbc (includes differential and platelets) ($32.00) Add to cart
- Glucose, serum ($35.00) Add to cart
- Hcg (pregnancy) qualitative, serum (human chorionic gonadotropin) females only ($53.00) Add to cart
- Lipid profile ($41.00) Add to cart
- Thyroid panel with tsh plus free t3 and free t4 ($99.00) Add to cart
- Urinalysis, complete with microscopic examination ($39.00) Add to cart
Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease
Gastroesophageal reflux disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus) can be treated by Omeprazole, Nexium, Prilosec, Protonix, Prevacid (latest reports from 144,291 Gastroesophageal reflux disease patients)
Anxiety has been reported by people with depression, multiple sclerosis, stress and anxiety, pain, osteoporosis (latest reports from 320,586 Anxiety patients).
Drugs that are associated with AnxietyAnxiety (3,906 drugs)
Other conditions that could cause AnxietyAnxiety (4,351 conditions)
Browse all symptoms of Gastroesophageal reflux diseasea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeAnxiety and Gastroesophageal reflux disease from FDA and eHealthMe reports (3,513 reports)
Analysis tools (to study 684 million drug outcomes from FDA)
- Check symptoms - identify the cause of a symptom: from a drug or from a condition?
- Check drugs - find out common side effects or drug interactions of my drugs.
- Compare drugs - compare the side effects and efficacy of multiple drugs side by side.
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who have Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease and Anxiety
- Support group for people who have Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (655 members)
- Support group for people who have Anxiety (810 members)
Can you answer these questions
- What causes acid reflux and blood in the stool.
- I never had a problem digesting anything at all. That is, until I took one flori acid pill,and one vitamin d pill. Now I can't enjoy so much as a cup of coffee. This air bubble in my throat is there day and night. I want my life back. I bought activated charcoal, ginger tea, Tums, Beano. Still...
- I just started Zetia and have been feeling anxious for the last few days. Does anyone else experience this? thanks
- I have recently started taking sulfasalizine for RA. I also take Methotrexate and Plaquinil and Nexium. Since starting the sulfa drug I have extreme acid reflux. Nothing I try to take to relieve it is helping. Is this common with sulfasalizine and will it get better after I have been on it for...
- Hi myself sunil from india. I am suffering from elevated serum bilirubin (2.7 to 3 mg dl) my doctor said me you have Gilbert syndrome but i have acid reflux and sinus problem as well. Will somebody throws light on relationship between these three problem and how can i deal with
You may be interested in these posts
- Taking Augmentin and have acid reflux.
- My husband has suffered with GERD for many years and is also type 2 diabetic. Doc put him on Trulicity at the end of January... he has horrid side effects from nausea , abdominal pain, loose stool, loss of appetite to being unable to settle and not sleeping. Any corelation between the two?
- I have taking Lyrica 50 mg once a day for 2 days now. A few hours after taking I notice in my very upper chest and neck ( just like I get with when I have GERD esophagitis). Yesterday I took one Zantac and that helped, but I was hoping that I would not have to take Zantac anymore as it messes...
- I have been taking lorsatan 25mg for two weeks I had mild high blood pressure and was hesitant about taking meds due to my past experiences with BP meds. I have also had anxiety and panic attack 6 months ago. My anxiety was under control, yet after starting Lorsatan two weeks ago I have not...
- I got an IV yesterday for a migraine that they called a cocktail. Immediately after the Compazine I had jitters and once I got home I tried sleeping but my heart would beat fast and I couldn’t fall asleep. Today I woke up feeling better but still a little off. I’m wondering when this will go...
- Will you have Mental Retardation with Marijuana?
- Sodium Bicarbonate In Plastic Container and Xanax drug interaction
- Will you have Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease with Valtrex?
- Will you have Gastrooesophageal Reflux Disease with Valtrex?
- Will you have Gastro-Oesophageal Reflux Disease with Valtrex?
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who take Marijuana and have Mental Retardation?
- Support group for people who take Sodium Bicarbonate In Plastic Container and Xanax
- Support group for people who take Valtrex and have Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease?
- Support group for people who take Valtrex and have Gastrooesophageal Reflux Disease?
- Support group for people who take Valtrex and have Gastro-Oesophageal Reflux Disease?
- What to expect when you take Marijuana and have Mental Retardation?
- What to expect when you take Sodium Bicarbonate In Plastic Container and Xanax
- What to expect when you take Valtrex and have Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease?
- What to expect when you take Valtrex and have Gastrooesophageal Reflux Disease?
- What to expect when you take Valtrex and have Gastro-Oesophageal Reflux Disease?
- A study for a 35 year old man who takes Keppra
- A study for a 51 year old woman who takes Nature-throid, Vyvanse, Effexor Xr
- A study for a 47 year old woman who takes Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Vitamin D2, Viibryd, Xanax, Levoxyl, Ambien, Losartan, Advair Diskus 250/50, B12, Norco, Ibuprofen, Relpax, Allegra D 24 Hour
- A study for a 54 year old woman who takes Pantoprazole
- A study for a 58 year old man who takes Seroquel, Ativan, Lamictal
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.