Gerd and Haemoptysis - from FDA reports
Haemoptysis is found among people with Gerd, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, take medication Nexium and have High blood pressure. This review analyzes which people have Haemoptysis with Gerd. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 243 people who have Gerd from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Dec, 27, 2017
243 people who have Gerd and Haemoptysis are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Gerd and experience Haemoptysis *:
- female: 55 %
- male: 45 %
Age of people who have Gerd and experience Haemoptysis *:
- 0-1: 0.89 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 5.8 %
- 30-39: 2.68 %
- 40-49: 9.82 %
- 50-59: 21.43 %
- 60+: 59.38 %
Top co-existing conditions for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (80 people, 32.92%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (67 people, 27.57%)
- Depression (41 people, 16.87%)
- Asthma (32 people, 13.17%)
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (25 people, 10.29%)
Most common drugs for these people *:
- Nexium (71 people, 29.22%)
- Protonix (32 people, 13.17%)
- Prilosec (30 people, 12.35%)
- Omeprazole (27 people, 11.11%)
- Humira (23 people, 9.47%)
Top symptoms for these people *:
- Cough (45 people, 18.52%)
- Chest Pain (45 people, 18.52%)
- Breathing Difficulty (43 people, 17.70%)
- Pneumonia (32 people, 13.17%)
- Pain (31 people, 12.76%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Haemoptysis and Gerd?
- Check symptoms - is your haemoptysis caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- Write a Post - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeHaemoptysis and Gerd from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Gerd (gastro-oesophageal reflux disease) can be treated by Omeprazole, Nexium, Prilosec, Protonix, Prevacid (latest reports from 144,273 Gerd patients)
Haemoptysis (blood-stained sputum from the bronchi, larynx, trachea, or lungs) has been reported by people with atrial fibrillation/flutter, high blood pressure, lung cancer - non-small cell, primary pulmonary hypertension, stroke (latest reports from 19,290 Haemoptysis patients).
Browse all symptoms of Gerda b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Could your drugs cause HaemoptysisHaemoptysis
Other conditions that could case HaemoptysisHaemoptysis
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Lee JK, Lee J, Park SS, Heo EY, Park YS, Lee CH, Lee SM, Yoon HI, Yim JJ, Yoo CG, Chung HS, "Effect of inhalers on the development of haemoptysis in patients with non-cystic fibrosis bronchiectasis", The International Journal of Tuberculosis and Lung Disease, 2014 Mar .
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
I never had a problem digesting anything at all. That is, until I took one flori acid pill,and one vitamin d pill. Now I can't enjoy so much as a cup of coffee. This air bubble in my throat is there day and night. I want my life back. I bought activated charcoal, ginger tea, Tums, Beano. Still ...
I have recently started taking sulfasalizine for RA. I also take Methotrexate and Plaquinil and Nexium. Since starting the sulfa drug I have extreme acid reflux. Nothing I try to take to relieve it is helping. Is this common with sulfasalizine and will it get better after I have been on it for ...