High blood cholesterol and Gout - from FDA reports
Gout is found among people with High blood cholesterol, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, take medication Lipitor and have High blood pressure. This review analyzes which people have Gout with High blood cholesterol. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 624 people who have High blood cholesterol from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 12, 2017
624 people who have High Blood Cholesterol and Gout are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have High Blood Cholesterol and experience Gout *:
- female: 34.98 %
- male: 65.02 %
Age of people who have High Blood Cholesterol and experience Gout *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 1.91 %
- 40-49: 6.81 %
- 50-59: 22.13 %
- 60+: 69.15 %
Top co-existing conditions for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (200 people, 32.05%)
- Diabetes (84 people, 13.46%)
- Pain (70 people, 11.22%)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (59 people, 9.46%)
- Cardiac Disorder (53 people, 8.49%)
Most common drugs for these people *:
- Lipitor (142 people, 22.76%)
- Crestor (108 people, 17.31%)
- Allopurinol (81 people, 12.98%)
- Aspirin (77 people, 12.34%)
- Niaspan (72 people, 11.54%)
Top symptoms for these people *:
- Pain In Extremity (115 people, 18.43%)
- Joint Pain (90 people, 14.42%)
- High Blood Pressure (74 people, 11.86%)
- Pain (55 people, 8.81%)
- Oedema Peripheral (53 people, 8.49%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Gout and High blood cholesterol?
- Check symptoms - is your gout caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeGout and High blood cholesterol from FDA and eHealthMe reports
High Blood Cholesterol
High blood cholesterol can be treated by Lipitor, Simvastatin, Crestor, Pravastatin sodium, Atorvastatin calcium (latest reports from 263,334 High blood cholesterol patients)
Gout (uric acid crystals building up in the body) has been reported by people with gout, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 25,564 Gout patients).
Browse all symptoms of High blood cholesterola b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Could your drugs cause GoutGout
Other conditions that could case GoutGout
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
I took 4 shots of Lupron for prostate cancer. They were once a month and the last one was in Dec of 2016. I had my Lipids tested in February and my triglycerides were 1100. I have started taking Atorvastatin 80 mg (generic Lipitor) and Ezetimibe 10 mg. Has anyone had a huge increase in their ...
I have been taking Humira for three years. I am now experiencing gout and tendinitis. I do not eat any of the foods that normally cause gout or drink alcohol often. Anyone else experiencing this with Humira
My wife was prescribed with hydroxychloroquine sulfate for illness connected with the immune system. She has high blood cholesterol although she takes cholesterol lowering medicine. Is there any thing that can be done to lower her blood cholesterol pleease ?
You may be interested in these reviews
I am currently using Praluent which is same class of medication like repatha, as I read this report I am experiencing very high triglycerides level and do the experts say regarding what to if stop medication or continue.
hello, I am 61 years young, I have pretty high triglicerides, more than 400 , incredible. I was ordered to take a B12 vitamin test, and it came out FOUR times the maximum highest level !~! 4 years ago my triglicerides where high 150 but now 400 incredible. my good cholesterol is 16 !!! crazy ...