High blood pressure and A-fib - from FDA reports
A-fib is found among people with High blood pressure, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, take medication Aspirin and have High blood cholesterol. This review analyzes which people have A-fib with High blood pressure. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 4,599 people who have High blood pressure from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jan, 23, 2018
4,599 people who have High Blood Pressure and A-Fib are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have High Blood Pressure and experience A-Fib *:
- female: 50.75 %
- male: 49.25 %
Age of people who have High Blood Pressure and experience A-Fib *:
- 0-1: 0.21 %
- 2-9: 0.05 %
- 10-19: 0.03 %
- 20-29: 0.26 %
- 30-39: 0.89 %
- 40-49: 3.19 %
- 50-59: 10.39 %
- 60+: 84.97 %
Top co-existing conditions for these people *:
- High Blood Cholesterol (718 people, 15.61%)
- Diabetes (467 people, 10.15%)
- Preventive Health Care (429 people, 9.33%)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (324 people, 7.05%)
- Hypothyroidism (304 people, 6.61%)
Most common drugs for these people *:
- Aspirin (459 people, 9.98%)
- Lasix (390 people, 8.48%)
- Lisinopril (362 people, 7.87%)
- Amlodipine (324 people, 7.05%)
- Lipitor (307 people, 6.68%)
Top symptoms for these people *:
- Breathing Difficulty (515 people, 11.20%)
- Hypotension (402 people, 8.74%)
- Dizziness (363 people, 7.89%)
- Fatigue (348 people, 7.57%)
- Pneumonia (343 people, 7.46%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have A-fib and High blood pressure?
- Check symptoms - is your a-fib caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- Write a Post - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeA-fib and High blood pressure from FDA and eHealthMe reports
High Blood Pressure
High blood pressure can be treated by Lisinopril, Atenolol, Amlodipine besylate, Hydrochlorothiazide, Metoprolol tartrate (latest reports from 541,355 High blood pressure patients)
A-fib (most common type of arrhythmia) has been reported by people with atrial fibrillation/flutter, high blood pressure, diabetes, multiple myeloma, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 181,338 A-fib patients).
Browse all symptoms of High blood pressurea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Could your drugs cause A-fibA-fib
Other conditions that could case A-fibA-fib
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
I've had 3 ablasions in 6 years and i can't take a chance of this garcinia if it will react with tikosyn. My blood pressure goes to 200/110 i need to lose weight. Hoping that this garcinia will help. I'm 40 pounds over weight. Thanks
I take Meclazine for vertigo from a head injury. Lately it seems I have been having low blood pressure at night and when I take my meclazine for my vertigo it seems to help stabilize my blood pressure. Has Meclazine been know to help those with low blood pressure?
I take Meclazine for vertigo from a head injury. Lately it seems I have been having low blood pressure at night and when I take my meclazine for my vertigo it seems to help stabilize my blood pressure. Has Meclazine been know to help those with blood pressure?
You may be interested in these posts
I've been taking Prolia for 1 3/4 years to manage my osteoporosis. My blood pressure was always well within the normal range. In the last year, I've had an elevated systolic - but not diastolic reading most of the time when I check daily. I take no other medication except over-the-counter ...
I have been on Eliquis about four years for a trial fibrillation. During the past year an itchiness on my chest and random other areas,has gotten progressively more severe. What alternatives do I have to Eliquis?
I can't believe I found a group here that is going through what I am going through... Just got diagnosed with atrial fibrillation over a week ago and I'm taking metoprolol what's taking it at 50 mg for the first week and a half just got bumped up to 100mg and have been having nasty side effects ...