High blood pressure and Diarrhoea - from FDA reports
Diarrhoea is found among people with High blood pressure, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, take medication Lisinopril and have High blood cholesterol. This review analyzes which people have Diarrhoea with High blood pressure. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 13,803 people who have High blood pressure from FDA , and is updated regularly.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our original studies have been referenced on 400+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including: The Lancet, and Mayo Clinic Proceedings.
13,803 people who have High Blood Pressure and Diarrhoea are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have High Blood Pressure and experience Diarrhoea *:
- female: 62.85 %
- male: 37.15 %
Age of people who have High Blood Pressure and experience Diarrhoea *:
- 0-1: 0.16 %
- 2-9: 0.22 %
- 10-19: 0.44 %
- 20-29: 0.68 %
- 30-39: 2.49 %
- 40-49: 7.69 %
- 50-59: 18.52 %
- 60+: 69.8 %
Top co-existing conditions for these people *:
- High Blood Cholesterol: 2,377 people, 17.22%
- Diabetes: 1,651 people, 11.96%
- Pain: 1,452 people, 10.52%
- Depression: 1,319 people, 9.56%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 1,293 people, 9.37%
Most common drugs for these people *:
- Lisinopril: 1,148 people, 8.32%
- Humira: 1,108 people, 8.03%
- Amlodipine: 1,011 people, 7.32%
- Aspirin: 962 people, 6.97%
- Metformin: 853 people, 6.18%
Top symptoms for these people *:
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 3,138 people, 22.73%
- Nausea And Vomiting: 3,057 people, 22.15%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 1,917 people, 13.89%
- Dehydration (dryness resulting from the removal of water): 1,653 people, 11.98%
- Abdominal Pain: 1,652 people, 11.97%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Diarrhoea with High blood pressure?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Diarrhoea
- Predict new side effects and undetected conditions
- Connect with people like you, or share your experience to help people like you
We suggest these affordable tests for self monitoring. You can order them and receive results on eHealthMe. No doctor referral or insurance necessary.
- Cbc (includes differential and platelets) ($32.00) Add to cart
- Glucose, serum ($35.00) Add to cart
- Hcg (pregnancy) qualitative, serum (human chorionic gonadotropin) females only ($53.00) Add to cart
- Hemoglobin a1c (hgba1c) with eag ($41.00) Add to cart
- Lipid profile ($41.00) Add to cart
- Thyroid panel with tsh plus free t3 and free t4 ($99.00) Add to cart
- Urinalysis, complete with microscopic examination ($39.00) Add to cart
High Blood Pressure
High blood pressure can be treated by Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Atenolol, Losartan, Amlodipine besylate (latest reports from 541,376 High blood pressure patients)
Diarrhoea has been reported by people with high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, crohn's disease, pain (latest reports from 302,036 Diarrhoea patients).
Drugs that are associated with DiarrhoeaDiarrhoea (4,041 drugs)
Other conditions that could cause DiarrhoeaDiarrhoea (5,086 conditions)
Browse all symptoms of High blood pressurea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeDiarrhoea and High blood pressure from FDA and eHealthMe reports (14,213 reports)
Analysis tools (to study 684 million drug outcomes from FDA)
- Check symptoms - identify the cause of a symptom: from a drug or from a condition?
- Check drugs - find out common side effects or drug interactions of my drugs.
- Compare drugs - compare the side effects and efficacy of multiple drugs side by side.
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who have High Blood Pressure and Diarrhoea (2 members)
- Support group for people who have High Blood Pressure (1116 members)
- Support group for people who have Diarrhoea (597 members)
Can you answer these questions
- while taking Plavix is there anything that can help with the diarrhea ?
- What has helped you with dirrhea caused by sutent
- What can someone who takes Prednisone for ITP also take for diarrhea?
- I started Omeprazole for acid reflux and five days later my normal BP of 122/70 spiked to 188/91. Could that be from Omeprazole?
- I have high blood pressure and have been taking Butal- acet -Caffeine. For a long time not every day. Will this increase your blood pressure?
You may be interested in these posts
- What blood pressure medicine works best when taking xtandi?
- Since my last colonoscopy in August 2017 I have been suffering from diarrhea. I do not like Imodium and have started on probiotic supplement + Greek yogurt. So, what is my real problem? I have osteoarthritis, which is a pain 😖. Just started hydrolyzed animal collagen, which may help the OA, but...
- Is there anything over the counter to take for diarrhea with Jardience? I'm only on day 3 of the drug and I can't leave the toilet! Thanks for your help.
- I was having diarrhea before starting Cymbalta and it has gotten worse through the months. I will have another colonoscopy. As soon as I eat, I am to the bathroom within 10-15 minutes. I am diagnosed with Crohn's. But the diarrhea I have starts soft, turns to mush, and then greasy/slimy clumps...
- I've been taking 5000 units of Biotin for the past month. My blood pressure readings prior to this were normal with medication. Since taking Biotin, my blood pressure readings are extremely high. I never made the connection, but it could be the Biotin.
- Will you have Diarrhea with Magnesium Oxide?
- Will you have Stools - Watery with Magnesium Oxide?
- Will you have Loose Bowel Movements with Magnesium Oxide?
- Will you have Frequent Bowel Movements with Magnesium Oxide?
- Will you have Diarrhoea with Magnesium Oxide?
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who take Magnesium Oxide and have Diarrhea?
- Support group for people who take Magnesium Oxide and have Stools - Watery?
- Support group for people who take Magnesium Oxide and have Loose Bowel Movements?
- Support group for people who take Magnesium Oxide and have Frequent Bowel Movements?
- Support group for people who take Magnesium Oxide and have Diarrhoea?
- What to expect when you take Magnesium Oxide and have Diarrhea?
- What to expect when you take Magnesium Oxide and have Stools - Watery?
- What to expect when you take Magnesium Oxide and have Loose Bowel Movements?
- What to expect when you take Magnesium Oxide and have Frequent Bowel Movements?
- What to expect when you take Magnesium Oxide and have Diarrhoea?
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.