Who have Alopecia with Hypothyroidism - from FDA reports
Alopecia is found among people with Hypothyroidism, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, take medication Synthroid and have High blood pressure. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 2,193 people who have Hypothyroidism from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
2,193 people who have Hypothyroidism and Alopecia are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Hypothyroidism and experience Alopecia *:
- female: 95.67 %
- male: 4.33 %
Age of people who have Hypothyroidism and experience Alopecia *:
- 0-1: 0.12 %
- 2-9: 0.06 %
- 10-19: 0.31 %
- 20-29: 3.13 %
- 30-39: 8.65 %
- 40-49: 15.21 %
- 50-59: 24.91 %
- 60+: 47.61 %
Top co-existing conditions for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure: 313 people, 14.27%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 190 people, 8.66%
- Depression: 162 people, 7.39%
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 100 people, 4.56%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 92 people, 4.20%
- Pain: 79 people, 3.60%
- Stress And Anxiety: 79 people, 3.60%
- Hormone Replacement Therapy: 64 people, 2.92%
- Diabetes: 61 people, 2.78%
- Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break): 61 people, 2.78%
Most common drugs for these people *:
- Synthroid: 890 people, 40.58%
- Novothyrox: 388 people, 17.69%
- Levothyroxine Sodium: 166 people, 7.57%
- Levoxyl: 148 people, 6.75%
- Humira: 99 people, 4.51%
- Vitamin D: 85 people, 3.88%
- Calcium: 69 people, 3.15%
- Amlodipine: 69 people, 3.15%
- Biotin: 57 people, 2.60%
- Fosamax: 55 people, 2.51%
Top symptoms for these people *:
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 639 people, 29.14%
- Weight Increased: 379 people, 17.28%
- Headache (pain in head): 333 people, 15.18%
- Weakness: 329 people, 15.00%
- Dizziness: 284 people, 12.95%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 264 people, 12.04%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 256 people, 11.67%
- Diarrhea: 234 people, 10.67%
- Depression: 208 people, 9.48%
- Muscle Aches (muscle pain): 206 people, 9.39%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you have Alopecia with Hypothyroidism?
You are not alone:
Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development) can be treated by Synthroid, Levothyroxine sodium, Levothyroxine thyroid, Levoxyl, Levothroid (latest reports from 104,371 Hypothyroidism patients)
Alopecia (absence of hair from areas of the body) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, breast cancer, breast cancer female, high blood pressure (latest reports from 136,892 Alopecia patients).
Drugs that are associated with AlopeciaAlopecia (3,109 drugs)
Other conditions that could cause AlopeciaAlopecia (2,875 conditions)
Browse all symptoms of Hypothyroidisma b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Ezeji GC, Inoue T, Bahtiyar G, Sacerdote A, "Hallucinations associated with miglitol use in a patient with chronic kidney disease and hypothyroidism", BMJ case reports, 2015 Feb .
- Akasaka E, Kayo SJ, Nakano H, Ishii N, Hashimoto T, Sawamura D, "Diaminodiphenyl Sulfone-Induced Hemolytic Anemia and Alopecia in a Case of Linear IgA Bullous Dermatosis", Case reports in dermatology, 2017 Jan .
Recent general studies
- Women aged 40-49 who have Median Nerve Dysfunction with Amitriptyline Hydrochloride - now
- Zaleplon and Gabapentin drug interactions for boys aged 0-1 - now
- Women aged 40-49 who have Carpal Tunnel Syndrome with Amitriptyline Hydrochloride - a second ago
- Ambien Cr and Paeonia Daurica drug interaction - a second ago
- Lexapro and Flovent Hfa drug interactions for boys aged 10-19 - a second ago
- Will you have C1 Esterase Inhibitor Decreased with Doxylamine Succinate? - a second ago
- Imodium and Rapaflo drug interactions for women aged 30-39 - 3 seconds ago
- How effective is Clindamycin Hydrochloride for Infection? - 3 seconds ago
- Coreg and Abyssinian Tea drug interaction - 4 seconds ago
- Will you have Tenosynovitis with Melatonin? - 4 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 73 year old woman who takes Enbrel, Arthrotec, Valsartan - an hour ago
- A study for a 37 year old woman who takes Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Celexa, Propranolol Hydrochloride - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 43 year old woman who takes Savella, Seroquel Xr - 3 hours ago
- A study for a 70 year old woman who takes Levaquin - 6 hours ago
- A study for a 67 year old man who takes Lipitor - 6 hours ago
- A study for a 79 year old woman who takes Moxifloxacin - 7 hours ago
- A study for a 26 year old woman who takes Junel 1/20 - 7 hours ago
- A study for a 26 year old man who takes Junel 1/20 - 7 hours ago
- A study for a 29 year old man who takes Moxifloxacin - 7 hours ago
- A study for a 69 year old woman who takes Trazodone Hydrochloride - 7 hours ago
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.