Intervertebral discitis and Metabolic acidosis
Metabolic acidosis is found among people with Intervertebral discitis, especially for people who are male, 60+ old.
The study analyzes which people have Metabolic acidosis with Intervertebral discitis. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 46 people who have Intervertebral discitis from the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
46 people who have Intervertebral Discitis and Metabolic Acidosis are studied.
What is Intervertebral discitis?
Intervertebral discitis (infection in the intervertebral disc space) is found to be associated with 533 drugs and 298 conditions by eHealthMe.
What is Metabolic acidosis?
Metabolic acidosis (body produces too much acid, or when the kidneys are not removing enough acid from the body) is found to be associated with 2,047 drugs and 1,584 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Metabolic acidosis in Intervertebral discitis reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Intervertebral Discitis and experienced Metabolic Acidosis *:
- female: 37.21 %
- male: 62.79 %
Age of people who have Intervertebral Discitis and experienced Metabolic Acidosis *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 35.71 %
- 60+: 64.29 %
Common co-existing conditions for these people *:
- Back Pain: 11 people, 23.91%
- Staphylococcal Infection (an infection with staphylococcus bacteria): 6 people, 13.04%
- Psoas Abscess (collection of pus in the iliopsoas muscle compartment): 5 people, 10.87%
- Polymyalgia Rheumatica (pain in many muscles): 5 people, 10.87%
- Pain: 5 people, 10.87%
- Extradural Abscess (pus may gather between a patient's skull and his dura): 5 people, 10.87%
- Sepsis (a severe blood infection that can lead to organ failure and death): 4 people, 8.70%
- Endocarditis (inflammation in heart muscle): 4 people, 8.70%
- Stable Angina (a constant chest pain): 2 people, 4.35%
- Procedural Pain: 2 people, 4.35%
Common drugs taken by these people *:
- Paracetamol: 11 people, 23.91%
- Cubicin: 11 people, 23.91%
- Acetaminophen: 6 people, 13.04%
- Gliclazide: 4 people, 8.70%
- Ceftriaxone: 4 people, 8.70%
- Gentamicin: 3 people, 6.52%
- Metronidazole: 2 people, 4.35%
- Vancomycin: 1 person, 2.17%
- Tenormin: 1 person, 2.17%
- Rifadin: 1 person, 2.17%
Common symptoms for these people *:
- Anaemia (lack of blood): 8 people, 17.39%
- Urine Output - Decreased: 7 people, 15.22%
- Uraemic Encephalopathy (organic brain disorder. it develops in patients with acute or chronic renal failure): 7 people, 15.22%
- Coughing Up Blood: 7 people, 15.22%
- Choluria (presence of bile in urine): 7 people, 15.22%
- Rhabdomyolysis (a condition in which damaged skeletal muscle tissue breaks down): 7 people, 15.22%
- Haematuria (presence of blood in urine): 6 people, 13.04%
- Pyroglutamate Increased: 6 people, 13.04%
- Drowsiness: 5 people, 10.87%
- Renal Injury (kidney injury): 4 people, 8.70%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take medications and have Metabolic acidosis?Check whether Metabolic acidosis is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Treatments, associated drugs and conditions:
COVID vaccines that are related to Metabolic acidosis:
- Metabolic acidosis in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Metabolic acidosis in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Metabolic acidosis in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Metabolic acidosis:
All the drugs that are associated with Metabolic acidosis:
- Metabolic acidosis (2,047 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Metabolic acidosis:
All the conditions that are associated with Metabolic acidosis:
- Metabolic acidosis (1,584 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study is based on Metabolic acidosis and Intervertebral discitis, and their synonyms.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Prednisone and Chronic Gastrointestinal Bleeding - 5 seconds ago
- Granisetron Hydrochloride and Flonase drug interaction - 5 seconds ago
- Arthritis and Paranasal Sinus Hypersecretion - 16 seconds ago
- Nerve Compression and Dizziness - 38 seconds ago
- Epidiolex and Tremor - 39 seconds ago
- Megestrol Acetate and Drowsiness - 52 seconds ago
- Zofran and Etoposide drug interaction - a minute ago
- Androgel and Azathioprine Sodium drug interaction - a minute ago
- Prograf and Gabapentin drug interaction - a minute ago
- Acetazolamide Sodium and Sinusitis - a minute ago