Low thyroid and Basedow's disease
Basedow's disease is found among people with Low thyroid, especially for people who are female, 60+ old.
The study analyzes which people have Basedow's disease with Low thyroid. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 45 people who have Low thyroid from the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
45 people who have Low Thyroid and Basedow'S Disease are studied.
What is Low thyroid?
Low thyroid (abnormally low thyroid hormone production) is found to be associated with 2,914 drugs and 2,479 conditions by eHealthMe.
What is Basedow's disease?
Basedow's disease (autoimmune disease where the thyroid is overactive, producing an excessive amount of thyroid hormones) is found to be associated with 807 drugs and 396 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Basedow's disease in Low thyroid reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Low Thyroid and experienced Basedow'S Disease *:
- female: 75.61 %
- male: 24.39 %
Age of people who have Low Thyroid and experienced Basedow'S Disease *:
- 0-1: 6.25 %
- 2-9: 3.12 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 9.38 %
- 30-39: 18.75 %
- 40-49: 12.5 %
- 50-59: 25.0 %
- 60+: 25.0 %
Common co-existing conditions for these people *:
- Hyperthyroidism (over activity of the thyroid gland): 8 people, 17.78%
- Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break): 5 people, 11.11%
- Pain: 5 people, 11.11%
- High Blood Pressure: 4 people, 8.89%
- Multiple Sclerosis (a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath): 4 people, 8.89%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 3 people, 6.67%
- Tremor (trembling or shaking movements in one or more parts of your body): 3 people, 6.67%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 3 people, 6.67%
- Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis (reoccurrence of an inflammatory disease in which the insulating covers of nerve cells in the brain and spinal cord are damaged): 3 people, 6.67%
- Crohn's Disease (condition that causes inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract): 2 people, 4.44%
Common drugs taken by these people *:
- Synthroid: 12 people, 26.67%
- Fosamax: 6 people, 13.33%
- Levothyroxine Sodium: 5 people, 11.11%
- Lemtrada: 4 people, 8.89%
- Fosamax Plus D: 3 people, 6.67%
- Humira: 3 people, 6.67%
- Ibu: 3 people, 6.67%
- Rocaltrol: 3 people, 6.67%
- Aspirin: 3 people, 6.67%
- Boniva: 2 people, 4.44%
Common symptoms for these people *:
- Hyperthyroidism (over activity of the thyroid gland): 11 people, 24.44%
- Weakness: 6 people, 13.33%
- Weight Decreased: 6 people, 13.33%
- Pain In Extremity: 6 people, 13.33%
- Femur Fracture: 5 people, 11.11%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 5 people, 11.11%
- Cardiac Failure Congestive: 5 people, 11.11%
- Blood Thyroid Stimulating Hormone Decreased: 4 people, 8.89%
- Haemorrhage (bleeding): 4 people, 8.89%
- Hair Loss: 4 people, 8.89%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take medications and have Basedow's disease?Check whether Basedow's disease is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Treatments, associated drugs and conditions:
- Low thyroid (149,266 reports)
- Basedow's disease (5,952 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Basedow's disease:
- Basedow's disease in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Basedow's disease in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Basedow's disease in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Basedow's disease:
- Synthroid: 187 reports
- Lemtrada: 138 reports
- Prednisone: 124 reports
- Methimazole: 118 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Basedow's disease:
- Basedow's disease (807 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Basedow's disease:
- Multiple sclerosis: 465 reports
- Primary pulmonary hypertension: 114 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Basedow's disease:
- Basedow's disease (396 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study is based on Basedow's disease and Low thyroid, and their synonyms.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Vinorelbine and Agitation Aggravated - 9 seconds ago
- Lamictal and Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyradiculoneuropathy - 16 seconds ago
- Arnuity Ellipta and Restrictive Pulmonary Disease - 20 seconds ago
- Plavix and Scleral Disorder - 23 seconds ago
- Plasmacytoma and pfizer biontech covid vaccine - 34 seconds ago
- Treximet and Nizoral drug interaction - 35 seconds ago
- Dermatitis Atopic and Injection Site Laceration - 43 seconds ago
- Geodon and Photosensitivity Reaction - 45 seconds ago
- Mephyton and Oedema Mucosal - 57 seconds ago
- Exemestane and Urinary Incontinence - a minute ago