Multiple myeloma and Colitis - from FDA reports
Colitis is found among people with Multiple myeloma, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, take medication Revlimid and have Pain. This review analyzes which people have Colitis with Multiple myeloma. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 485 people who have Multiple myeloma from FDA , and is updated regularly.
485 people who have Multiple Myeloma and Colitis are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Multiple Myeloma and experience Colitis *:
- female: 58.43 %
- male: 41.57 %
Age of people who have Multiple Myeloma and experience Colitis *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 2.5700000000000003 %
- 40-49: 5.71 %
- 50-59: 23.14 %
- 60+: 68.57 %
Top co-existing conditions for these people *:
- Pain: 24 people, 4.95%
- Constipation: 17 people, 3.51%
- Preventive Health Care: 16 people, 3.30%
- High Blood Pressure: 13 people, 2.68%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 10 people, 2.06%
Most common drugs for these people *:
- Revlimid: 229 people, 47.22%
- Velcade: 184 people, 37.94%
- Dexamethasone: 107 people, 22.06%
- Cyclophosphamide: 75 people, 15.46%
- Zometa: 74 people, 15.26%
Top symptoms for these people *:
- Diarrhea: 104 people, 21.44%
- Pneumonia: 71 people, 14.64%
- Anaemia (lack of blood): 62 people, 12.78%
- Thrombocytopenia (decrease of platelets in blood): 61 people, 12.58%
- Weakness: 56 people, 11.55%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
You could also:
- Volunteer or get paid with your care experience as a Care Guide
- Print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
- Order discounted lab tests to monitor your medications, no doctor referral required
Multiple myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells) can be treated by Revlimid, Velcade, Dexamethasone, Zometa, Thalomid (latest reports from 180,718 Multiple myeloma patients)
Colitis (inflammation of colon) has been reported by people with acne, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, crohn's disease, malignant melanoma (latest reports from 22,741 Colitis patients).
Drugs that are associated with ColitisColitis (1,596 drugs)
Other conditions that could cause ColitisColitis (1,296 conditions)
Browse all symptoms of Multiple myelomaa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who have Multiple Myeloma and Colitis (1 member)
- Support group for people who have Multiple Myeloma (156 members)
- Support group for people who have Colitis (27 members)
You may be interested in these posts
- Taking otezla over a year. Cleared up psoariasis. But last week I was hospitalized with an acute lower colon infection and colitis. They did not find anything specific. I suspect the drug had a lot to do with it. Anybody with thoughts on this or similar experience?
- My name is Stephanie. I am 70 yrs old. I was diagnosed with Smoldering Myeloma in 2013 when referred to a Rheumatologist . I have been prone to getting fever blisters/cold sores from a very early age, brought on by exposure to the sun , stress and whenever I ran a temperature. A few days...
- My husband was diagnosed 4 years ago with Multiple Myeloma, he is 57 years old and has been on Valsartan for about 20 years. Going to see his doctor this week about this.
- My husband is on Alimta and is in Alimta as maintenance.
- Male, 78 years old, Crohn's and Multiple Myeloma
- What to expect when you take Cialis and have Groin Swelling?
- Will you have Loss Of Vision with Nicotine?
- What to expect when you take Bumex and have Vision Blurred?
- What to expect when you take Pregnyl and have Foetal Death?
- Will you have Hot Flush with Ascorbate?
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who take Nicotine and have Loss Of Vision?
- Support group for people who take Ascorbate and have Hot Flush?
- Support group for people who take Loestrin 24 Fe and have Ear Infection?
- Support group for people who take Oxytocin and have Complication Of Delivery?
- Support group for people who take Cyproheptadine Hydrochloride and have Diarrhea?
- My name is Chul-hoon Hong, South Korean, male 63. I have been taking CRESTOR (2.5 mg) for about 3.5...
- My husband was diagnosed 4 years ago with Multiple Myeloma, he is 57 years old and has been on...
- Been taking Aciclovir on and off for years I am 66 year old female and now have cystitis while on...
- Been on Aciclovir on and on for years, Now having reaction Cystitus I am 66 year old female
- I have the red patches on my scalp also, started shortly after I started the Xeljanz. I read where...
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.