Multiple myeloma and Colitis - from FDA reports
Colitis is found among people with Multiple myeloma, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, take medication Revlimid and have Pain. This review analyzes which people have Colitis with Multiple myeloma. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 485 people who have Multiple myeloma from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jan, 11, 2018
485 people who have Multiple Myeloma and Colitis are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Multiple Myeloma and experience Colitis *:
- female: 58.43 %
- male: 41.57 %
Age of people who have Multiple Myeloma and experience Colitis *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 2.57 %
- 40-49: 5.71 %
- 50-59: 23.14 %
- 60+: 68.57 %
Top co-existing conditions for these people *:
- Pain (24 people, 4.95%)
- Constipation (17 people, 3.51%)
- Preventive Health Care (16 people, 3.30%)
- High Blood Pressure (13 people, 2.68%)
- Nausea (10 people, 2.06%)
Most common drugs for these people *:
- Revlimid (229 people, 47.22%)
- Velcade (184 people, 37.94%)
- Dexamethasone (107 people, 22.06%)
- Cyclophosphamide (75 people, 15.46%)
- Zometa (74 people, 15.26%)
Top symptoms for these people *:
- Diarrhea (104 people, 21.44%)
- Pneumonia (71 people, 14.64%)
- Anaemia (62 people, 12.78%)
- Thrombocytopenia (61 people, 12.58%)
- Weakness (56 people, 11.55%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Colitis and Multiple myeloma?
- Check symptoms - is your colitis caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- Write a Post - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeColitis and Multiple myeloma from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Multiple myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells) can be treated by Revlimid, Velcade, Dexamethasone, Zometa, Thalomid (latest reports from 180,716 Multiple myeloma patients)
Colitis (inflammation of colon) has been reported by people with acne, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, crohn's disease, malignant melanoma (latest reports from 22,739 Colitis patients).
Browse all symptoms of Multiple myelomaa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Could your drugs cause ColitisColitis
Other conditions that could case ColitisColitis
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
I have been diagnosed with MM since February 2015. Stopped chemo after four months because of intolerable side effects. Am taking turmeric and some other supplements but my kappa light chains have continued to rise. Want to try taking ashwagandha to see if it helps. Has anyone been ...
Fever up to 100f. Hb =9.8 in spite of taking hb improvement medicines since two months. Ldh>1000. Flc kappa slightly high at 25.4. Alpha 1 globulin at 1.1(normal .2-.4) . Sudden rise in bp at 177/80. Bone fracture at d12. Spondlylolisthesis at L5. Tb, ra,thyroid ruled out, weight loss . Doctors ...
You may be interested in these posts
Taking otezla over a year. Cleared up psoariasis. But last week I was hospitalized with an acute lower colon infection and colitis. They did not find anything specific. I suspect the drug had a lot to do with it. Anybody with thoughts on this or similar experience?
My father has been very lethargic for 2 week. Infection free at this time , hgb 9. Ammonia up but other liver enzymes and bilrubin okay. Doctors don't seem to have a reason for almost comatose state. Working on decreasing ammonia. But level not real every high. Creatine had been stable 2-3. ...
I took arimidex for 10 yrs. then was diagnosed with smoldering myeloma. Now my breast cancer Dr tells me to go back on arimidex. I am so confused. Can someone help me. I get regular iron infusions and my red blood cells are low. Twice received blood infusion. I am told I am at the 20-30 % on ...