Multiple myeloma and Coughing - from FDA reports
Coughing is found among people with Multiple myeloma, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, take medication Revlimid and have Pain. This review analyzes which people have Coughing with Multiple myeloma. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 2,037 people who have Multiple myeloma from FDA , and is updated regularly.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our original studies have been referenced on 400+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including: The Lancet, and Mayo Clinic Proceedings.
2,037 people who have Multiple Myeloma and Coughing are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Multiple Myeloma and experience Coughing *:
- female: 48.61 %
- male: 51.39 %
Age of people who have Multiple Myeloma and experience Coughing *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.13 %
- 10-19: 0.2 %
- 20-29: 0.4 %
- 30-39: 0.66 %
- 40-49: 7.5600000000000005 %
- 50-59: 21.43 %
- 60+: 69.61 %
Top co-existing conditions for these people *:
- Pain: 106 people, 5.20%
- High Blood Pressure: 81 people, 3.98%
- Preventive Health Care: 75 people, 3.68%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 39 people, 1.91%
- Depression: 39 people, 1.91%
Most common drugs for these people *:
- Revlimid: 998 people, 48.99%
- Zometa: 471 people, 23.12%
- Velcade: 362 people, 17.77%
- Dexamethasone: 309 people, 15.17%
- Aredia: 298 people, 14.63%
Top symptoms for these people *:
- Breathing Difficulty: 598 people, 29.36%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 505 people, 24.79%
- Fever: 485 people, 23.81%
- Pain: 419 people, 20.57%
- Diarrhea: 407 people, 19.98%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Coughing with Multiple myeloma?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Coughing
- Predict new side effects and undetected conditions
- Share you experience to help people like you
Multiple myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells) can be treated by Revlimid, Velcade, Dexamethasone, Zometa, Thalomid (latest reports from 180,717 Multiple myeloma patients)
Coughing has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, asthma, multiple sclerosis, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (latest reports from 149,340 Coughing patients).
Drugs that are associated with CoughingCoughing (3,402 drugs)
Other conditions that could cause CoughingCoughing (3,368 conditions)
Browse all symptoms of Multiple myelomaa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeCoughing and Multiple myeloma from FDA and eHealthMe reports (2,039 reports)
Analysis tools (to study 684 million drug outcomes from FDA)
- Check symptoms - identify the cause of a symptom: from a drug or from a condition?
- Check drugs - find out common side effects or drug interactions of my drugs.
- Compare drugs - compare the side effects and efficacy of multiple drugs side by side.
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who have Multiple Myeloma and Coughing (1 member)
- Support group for people who have Multiple Myeloma (143 members)
- Support group for people who have Coughing (458 members)
Can you answer these questions
- Is there a possible correlation between multiple myeloma and The medication Prolia? My moms doc said no but now that she has been diagnosed she is taking her off the drug.
- Is diet important with microscopic colitis?
- I was advised to take probiotics when I underwent major antibiotic treatment for abscess liver. The entire time (about 6 weeks) I was getting treated, I coughed excessively every day. I was under the impression that the antibiotics and/or blood thinners (for thrombosis) were the cause - how...
- I take numerous vitamins along with a multi vitamin 2x daily. I have been taking vitamins for as long as I can remember and just recently developed a dry cough and metallic taste when I cough. I don't have any normal symptoms i.e.. High blood pressure, cold, flu, etc ... I am 64 and this...
- I'll will be checking with my doctor on Monday but would like to know if I can have a root extracted will on chemotherapy? I recently had a tooth that broke off at the gum line and it will eventually have to be extracted. Thanks!
You may be interested in these posts
- My partner is experiencing delusion, was diagnosed with MM in Nov., and has been experiencing delusion. Please help me to help him.
- My mom takes Prolia and she was diagnosed with multiple myeloma. How do I make the fda aware of this? Do I call the company?
- I took arimidex for 10 yrs. then was diagnosed with smoldering myeloma. Now my breast cancer Dr tells me to go back on arimidex. I am so confused. Can someone help me. I get regular iron infusions and my red blood cells are low. Twice received blood infusion. I am told I am at the 20-30 % on...
- I’m so glad I succeeded in joining this group of one!!! Me 😑
- I did some research regarding side effects & A cough is one of them especially upon waking in the morning
- Will you have Nail Bed Bleeding with Acupuncture And Pain?
- Will you have Pain - Eye with Choline Bitartrate?
- Will you have Ophthalmalgia with Choline Bitartrate?
- Will you have Eye Pain with Choline Bitartrate?
- Will you have Nausea And Vomiting with Ciprodex?
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who have Acupuncture And Pain and Nail Bed Bleeding?
- Support group for people who take Choline Bitartrate and have Pain - Eye?
- Support group for people who take Choline Bitartrate and have Ophthalmalgia?
- Support group for people who take Choline Bitartrate and have Eye Pain?
- Support group for people who take Ciprodex and have Nausea And Vomiting?
- What to expect when you have Acupuncture And Pain and Nail Bed Bleeding?
- What to expect when you take Choline Bitartrate and have Pain - Eye?
- What to expect when you take Choline Bitartrate and have Ophthalmalgia?
- What to expect when you take Choline Bitartrate and have Eye Pain?
- What to expect when you take Ciprodex and have Nausea And Vomiting?
- Drug comparison of Aspirin, Pramipexole Dihydrochloride for a 45 year old woman
- Drug comparison of Aspirin, Rosuvastatin Calcium for a 45 year old woman
- A study for a 83 year old man who takes Entresto, Ipratropium Bromide, Lasix, Nexium, Spironolactone, Colecalciferol, Bicor, Folic Acid, Valium
- Drug comparison of Aspirin, Valsartan for a 45 year old woman
- Drug comparison of Topamax, Aspirin for a 45 year old man
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.