Multiple myeloma and Shingles - from FDA reports
Shingles is found among people with Multiple myeloma, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, take medication Revlimid and have Preventive health care. This review analyzes which people have Shingles with Multiple myeloma. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 1,552 people who have Multiple myeloma from FDA , and is updated regularly.
1,552 people who have Multiple Myeloma and Shingles are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Multiple Myeloma and experience Shingles *:
- female: 48.64 %
- male: 51.36 %
Age of people who have Multiple Myeloma and experience Shingles *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.09 %
- 10-19: 0.18 %
- 20-29: 0.37 %
- 30-39: 0.46 %
- 40-49: 6.28 %
- 50-59: 20.41 %
- 60+: 72.21 %
Top co-existing conditions for these people *:
- Preventive Health Care: 82 people, 5.28%
- Pain: 76 people, 4.90%
- High Blood Pressure: 55 people, 3.54%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 42 people, 2.71%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 39 people, 2.51%
Most common drugs for these people *:
- Revlimid: 654 people, 42.14%
- Velcade: 522 people, 33.63%
- Zometa: 374 people, 24.10%
- Aredia: 281 people, 18.11%
- Dexamethasone: 235 people, 15.14%
Top symptoms for these people *:
- Pain: 349 people, 22.49%
- Pneumonia: 331 people, 21.33%
- Thrombocytopenia (decrease of platelets in blood): 329 people, 21.20%
- Neuropathy Peripheral (surface nerve damage): 328 people, 21.13%
- Anaemia (lack of blood): 287 people, 18.49%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Experience matters! A new approach to health care:
What's next: manage your medications
- Order discounted lab tests to monitor your medications, no doctor referral required
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Shingles
- Connect with people like you, or share your experience to help people like you
- Print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Multiple myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells) can be treated by Revlimid, Velcade, Dexamethasone, Zometa, Thalomid (latest reports from 180,718 Multiple myeloma patients)
Shingles (a painful, contagious rash caused by the chickenpox virus) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, multiple myeloma, crohn's disease (latest reports from 40,552 Shingles patients).
Drugs that are associated with ShinglesShingles (1,872 drugs)
Other conditions that could cause ShinglesShingles (1,640 conditions)
Browse all symptoms of Multiple myelomaa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who have Multiple Myeloma and Shingles
- Support group for people who have Multiple Myeloma (154 members)
- Support group for people who have Shingles (297 members)
You may be interested in these posts
- My name is Stephanie. I am 70 yrs old. I was diagnosed with Smoldering Myeloma in 2013 when referred to a Rheumatologist . I have been prone to getting fever blisters/cold sores from a very early age, brought on by exposure to the sun , stress and whenever I ran a temperature. A few days...
- Male, 78 years old, Crohn's and Multiple Myeloma
- I have only just found your group. I was diagnosed with MM April 28,2016. I had a stem M cell transplant in November, 2016 and during my 4 week stay in the hospital, I awakened one morning with very little use of my right hand and arm. I have had therapy, exploratory surgery to take a look...
- I have been using Breo for 2 months found out today I have herpes zoster.
- I am the sister of a 65 yr old male who just finished 3 month of Keytruda and has horrible burning pain on his abdominal skin. His GP told him he has shingles. I found out through investigation about Keytruda causing shingles. I want to help him in any way I can with this dreadful pain. GP gave...
- Flexeril and Midodrine Hydrochloride drug interaction
- Will you have Migraine With Aura with Xarelto?
- Will you have Facial Palsy with Truvada?
- Will you have Tourette'S with Omeprazole?
- Will you have Stool Softener Needs with Osteoarthritis?
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who take Flexeril and Midodrine Hydrochloride
- Support group for people who take Xarelto and have Migraine With Aura?
- Support group for people who take Truvada and have Facial Palsy?
- Support group for people who take Omeprazole and have Tourette'S?
- Support group for people who have Osteoarthritis and Stool Softener Needs?
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.