Multiple myeloma and Shingles - from FDA reports
Shingles is found among people with Multiple myeloma, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, take medication Revlimid and have Preventive health care. This review analyzes which people have Shingles with Multiple myeloma. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 1,552 people who have Multiple myeloma from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Dec, 30, 2017
1,552 people who have Multiple Myeloma and Shingles are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Multiple Myeloma and experience Shingles *:
- female: 48.64 %
- male: 51.36 %
Age of people who have Multiple Myeloma and experience Shingles *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.09 %
- 10-19: 0.18 %
- 20-29: 0.37 %
- 30-39: 0.46 %
- 40-49: 6.28 %
- 50-59: 20.41 %
- 60+: 72.21 %
Top co-existing conditions for these people *:
- Preventive Health Care (82 people, 5.28%)
- Pain (76 people, 4.90%)
- High Blood Pressure (55 people, 3.54%)
- Insomnia (42 people, 2.71%)
- Nausea (39 people, 2.51%)
Most common drugs for these people *:
- Revlimid (654 people, 42.14%)
- Velcade (522 people, 33.63%)
- Zometa (374 people, 24.10%)
- Aredia (281 people, 18.11%)
- Dexamethasone (235 people, 15.14%)
Top symptoms for these people *:
- Pain (349 people, 22.49%)
- Pneumonia (331 people, 21.33%)
- Thrombocytopenia (329 people, 21.20%)
- Neuropathy Peripheral (328 people, 21.13%)
- Anaemia (287 people, 18.49%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Shingles and Multiple myeloma?
- Check symptoms - is your shingles caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- Write a Post - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeShingles and Multiple myeloma from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Multiple myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells) can be treated by Revlimid, Velcade, Dexamethasone, Zometa, Thalomid (latest reports from 180,716 Multiple myeloma patients)
Shingles (a painful, contagious rash caused by the chickenpox virus) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, multiple myeloma, crohn's disease (latest reports from 40,546 Shingles patients).
Browse all symptoms of Multiple myelomaa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Could your drugs cause ShinglesShingles
Other conditions that could case ShinglesShingles
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
I have been diagnosed with MM since February 2015. Stopped chemo after four months because of intolerable side effects. Am taking turmeric and some other supplements but my kappa light chains have continued to rise. Want to try taking ashwagandha to see if it helps. Has anyone been ...
I am a 69 yr. Old Female!!Have been taking flonase for 5 or 6 yrs.Broke out in shingles a yr. Ago..Have had 3 breakouts since..The last 2 breakouts were in less than a month of each other!!! Curious if it could possibly be a side effect from the flonase..am not taking any other medications!!
You may be interested in these posts
My father has been very lethargic for 2 week. Infection free at this time , hgb 9. Ammonia up but other liver enzymes and bilrubin okay. Doctors don't seem to have a reason for almost comatose state. Working on decreasing ammonia. But level not real every high. Creatine had been stable 2-3. ...
I took arimidex for 10 yrs. then was diagnosed with smoldering myeloma. Now my breast cancer Dr tells me to go back on arimidex. I am so confused. Can someone help me. I get regular iron infusions and my red blood cells are low. Twice received blood infusion. I am told I am at the 20-30 % on ...