Will you have Sleep issues with Narcolepsy - from FDA reports
Sleep issues is found among people with Narcolepsy, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, take medication Xyrem and have Cataplexy. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 2,026 people who have Narcolepsy from FDA, and is updated regularly.
eHealthMe is a health data analysis company based in Mountain View, California. eHealthMe monitors and analyzes the outcomes of drugs and supplements that are currently on the market. The results are readily available to health care professionals and consumers.
eHealthMe has released original studies on market drugs and worked with leading universities and institutions such as IBM, London Health Science Centre, Mayo Clinic, Northwestern University and VA. eHealthMe studies have now been referenced in over 500 peer-reviewed medical publications.
How we gather our data?
Healthcare data is obtained from a number of sources including the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). This information is aggregated and used to produce personalized reports that patients can reference.
The information that eHealthMe collects includes:
- Side effects (including severity and how people recover from them)
- Associated conditions or symptoms
- Drug effectiveness
- Demographic data regarding drug use
How the study uses the data?
The study is based on Sleep issues and Narcolepsy, and their synonyms.
What is Narcolepsy?
Narcolepsy (brain's inability to regulate sleep-wake cycles normally) can be treated by Adderall, Adderall 10, Adderall 20, Adderall 30, Adderall 5 (latest reports from 44,992 Narcolepsy patients)
What is Sleep issues?
Sleep issues (sleep problems) has been reported by people with depression, pain, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, insomnia (latest reports from 273,333 Sleep issues patients).
How to use the study?
Patients can bring a copy of the report to their healthcare provider to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood. It is recommended that patients use the information presented as a part of a broader decision-making process.
2,026 people who have Narcolepsy and Sleep Issues are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Narcolepsy and experience Sleep Issues *:
- female: 70.6 %
- male: 29.4 %
Age of people who have Narcolepsy and experience Sleep Issues *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.45 %
- 10-19: 4.45 %
- 20-29: 18.17 %
- 30-39: 24.16 %
- 40-49: 24.25 %
- 50-59: 17.35 %
- 60+: 11.17 %
Top co-existing conditions for these people *:
- Cataplexy (loss of muscle tone accompanied by full conscious awareness): 835 people, 41.21%
- Drowsiness: 180 people, 8.88%
- Depression: 119 people, 5.87%
- Stress And Anxiety: 99 people, 4.89%
- High Blood Pressure: 76 people, 3.75%
- Sleep Disorder: 67 people, 3.31%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 62 people, 3.06%
- Pain: 62 people, 3.06%
- Hypersensitivity: 62 people, 3.06%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 58 people, 2.86%
Most common drugs for these people *:
- Xyrem: 1,894 people, 93.48%
- Adderall: 369 people, 18.21%
- Nuvigil: 334 people, 16.49%
- Provigil: 235 people, 11.60%
- Cymbalta: 171 people, 8.44%
- Ritalin: 165 people, 8.14%
- Vitamin D3: 151 people, 7.45%
- Vitamin D: 121 people, 5.97%
- Synthroid: 120 people, 5.92%
- Lyrica: 117 people, 5.77%
Top symptoms for these people *:
- Stress And Anxiety: 320 people, 15.79%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 296 people, 14.61%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 277 people, 13.67%
- Feeling Abnormal: 253 people, 12.49%
- Drowsiness: 238 people, 11.75%
- Drug Ineffective: 235 people, 11.60%
- Headache (pain in head): 221 people, 10.91%
- Dizziness: 203 people, 10.02%
- Depression: 182 people, 8.98%
- Memory Loss: 138 people, 6.81%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you have Sleep issues with Narcolepsy?
You are not alone, use our "Ginger Health" app to:
- connect with people like you who have Sleep issues and Narcolepsy
- use your healthcare experience to help people like you, and be rewarded
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Han SH, Lee SA, "Superficial Vein Thrombosis as the Initial Manifestation of Protein S Deficiency in an Adolescent with Narcolepsy", Sleep Medicine Research, 2016 Jun .
- Lopes E, Pereira D, da Silva Behrens NS, de Almeida Fonseca H, Calvancanti PO, de Araújo Lima TF, Pradella-Hallinan M, Castro J, Tufik S, Coelho FM, "Cataplexy as a side effect of modafinil in a patient without narcolepsy", Sleep Science, 2014 Mar .
Results from eHealthMe (non-FDA) reports of Sleep issues with Narcolepsy
Severity of Sleep Issues *:
- least: 18.18 %
- moderate: 45.45 %
- severe: 27.27 %
- most severe: 9.09 %
Race of the people *:
- African American, Non-Hispanic: 10 %
- American Indian/Alaska Native: 0.0 %
- Asian: 0.0 %
- Hispanic: 0.0 %
- Native Hawaiians/Pacific Islanders: 0.0 %
- Two or more races: 20 %
- White, Non-Hispanic: 70 %
* Approximation only.
Drugs that are associated with Sleep issuesSleep issues (3,766 drugs)
Other conditions that could cause Sleep issuesSleep issues (4,246 conditions)
Browse all symptoms of Narcolepsya b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
What would happen?
Recent general studies
- Will you have Decubitus Ulcer with Norvasc? - a second ago
- What to expect when you have Diabetes and Purpura? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Bedsore with Norvasc? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Pressure Ulcer with Norvasc? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Keratitis Fungal with Metformin? - 3 seconds ago
- Clofarabine and Etoposide drug interaction - 5 seconds ago
- Will you have Gastric Ulcer with Amiodarone Hydrochloride? - 7 seconds ago
- What to expect when you take Isordil and have Pseudolymphoma? - 9 seconds ago
- Captopril and Xianxao drug interaction - 10 seconds ago
- Oracea and Abreva drug interaction - 14 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 42 year old woman who takes Dulcolax, Zofran Odt - an hour ago
- A study for a 76 year old man who takes Norco - an hour ago
- A study for a 48 year old man who takes Xarelto - 8 hours ago
- Drug comparison of Abilify, Sertraline for a 44 year old woman - 12 hours ago
- A study for a 89 year old woman who takes Bayer Low Dose Aspirin (81mg Aspirin), Warfarin Sodium, Metoprolol Tartrate, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Midodrine Hydrochloride - 15 hours ago
- A study for a 27 year old man who takes Spironolactone - 18 hours ago
- Prediction of Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Losartan Potassium for a 78 year old woman - 18 hours ago
- Prediction of Losartan Potassium for a 78 year old woman - 18 hours ago
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.