Will you have Somnolence with Narcolepsy - from FDA reports
Somnolence is found among people with Narcolepsy, especially for people who are female, 30-39 old, take medication Xyrem and have Cataplexy. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 2,648 people who have Narcolepsy from FDA, and is updated regularly.
eHealthMe is a health data analysis company based in Mountain View, California. eHealthMe monitors and analyzes the outcomes of drugs and supplements that are currently on the market. The results are readily available to health care professionals and consumers.
eHealthMe has released original studies on market drugs and worked with leading universities and institutions such as IBM, London Health Science Centre, Mayo Clinic, Northwestern University and VA. eHealthMe studies have now been referenced in over 500 peer-reviewed medical publications.
How we gather our data?
Healthcare data is obtained from a number of sources including the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). This information is aggregated and used to produce personalized reports that patients can reference.
The information that eHealthMe collects includes:
- Side effects (including severity and how people recover from them)
- Associated conditions or symptoms
- Drug effectiveness
- Demographic data regarding drug use
How the study uses the data?
The study is based on Somnolence and Narcolepsy, and their synonyms.
What is Narcolepsy?
Narcolepsy (brain's inability to regulate sleep-wake cycles normally) can be treated by Adderall, Adderall 10, Adderall 20, Adderall 30, Adderall 5 (latest reports from 44,992 Narcolepsy patients)
What is Somnolence?
Somnolence (a state of near-sleep, a strong desire for sleep) has been reported by people with depression, pain, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, stress and anxiety (latest reports from 153,535 Somnolence patients).
How to use the study?
Patients can bring a copy of the report to their healthcare provider to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood. It is recommended that patients use the information presented as a part of a broader decision-making process.
2,648 people who have Narcolepsy and Somnolence are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Narcolepsy and experience Somnolence *:
- female: 70.85 %
- male: 29.15 %
Age of people who have Narcolepsy and experience Somnolence *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.74 %
- 10-19: 6.43 %
- 20-29: 17.87 %
- 30-39: 24.9 %
- 40-49: 22.42 %
- 50-59: 16.27 %
- 60+: 11.38 %
Top co-existing conditions for these people *:
- Cataplexy (loss of muscle tone accompanied by full conscious awareness): 1,020 people, 38.52%
- Depression: 133 people, 5.02%
- Stress And Anxiety: 122 people, 4.61%
- Hypersensitivity: 87 people, 3.29%
- High Blood Pressure: 84 people, 3.17%
- Pain: 76 people, 2.87%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 66 people, 2.49%
- Migraine (headache): 64 people, 2.42%
- Asthma: 61 people, 2.30%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 49 people, 1.85%
Most common drugs for these people *:
- Xyrem: 2,389 people, 90.22%
- Nuvigil: 545 people, 20.58%
- Adderall: 504 people, 19.03%
- Provigil: 308 people, 11.63%
- Vitamin D3: 221 people, 8.35%
- Ritalin: 219 people, 8.27%
- Cymbalta: 195 people, 7.36%
- Zyrtec: 184 people, 6.95%
- Vitamin D: 166 people, 6.27%
- Singulair: 146 people, 5.51%
Top symptoms for these people *:
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 556 people, 21.00%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 401 people, 15.14%
- Feeling Abnormal: 380 people, 14.35%
- Stress And Anxiety: 369 people, 13.94%
- Dizziness: 368 people, 13.90%
- Headache (pain in head): 307 people, 11.59%
- Drug Ineffective: 262 people, 9.89%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 238 people, 8.99%
- Depression: 223 people, 8.42%
- Nausea And Vomiting: 176 people, 6.65%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you have Somnolence with Narcolepsy?
You are not alone:
- Connect with people like you who have Somnolence and Narcolepsy
- Use your healthcare experience to help people like you, and be rewarded
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Han SH, Lee SA, "Superficial Vein Thrombosis as the Initial Manifestation of Protein S Deficiency in an Adolescent with Narcolepsy", Sleep Medicine Research, 2016 Jun .
- Lopes E, Pereira D, da Silva Behrens NS, de Almeida Fonseca H, Calvancanti PO, de Araújo Lima TF, Pradella-Hallinan M, Castro J, Tufik S, Coelho FM, "Cataplexy as a side effect of modafinil in a patient without narcolepsy", Sleep Science, 2014 Mar .
Drugs that are associated with SomnolenceSomnolence (3,388 drugs)
Other conditions that could cause SomnolenceSomnolence (3,870 conditions)
Browse all symptoms of Narcolepsya b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
What would happen?
Predict new side effects and undetected conditions when you have Somnolence and Narcolepsy (2,919 reports studied)
Recent general studies
- Will you have Pancreatitis with Eskalith Cr? - 4 seconds ago
- Will you have Jock Itch with Arimidex? - 4 seconds ago
- Methadone Hydrochloride Intensol and Kalmegha drug interaction - 4 seconds ago
- Will you have Tinea Cruris with Arimidex? - 4 seconds ago
- Will you have Ringworm - Groin with Arimidex? - 4 seconds ago
- Will you have Itching In The Groin with Arimidex? - 4 seconds ago
- Pletal and Abacavir; Lamivudine drug interaction - 11 seconds ago
- Will you have Leukocytosis with Thalassaemia? - 12 seconds ago
- Tambocor and Bactocill drug interaction - 16 seconds ago
- Oxycontin and Paeonia Veitchii drug interaction - 18 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 68 year old woman who takes Benlysta, Plaquenil, Cellcept - an hour ago
- A study for a 50 year old man who takes Symbicort, Singulair - 8 hours ago
- A study for a 39 year old man who takes Buprenorphine Hydrochloride; Naloxone Hydrochloride - 8 hours ago
- A study for a 72 year old woman who takes Oxybutynin Chloride - 9 hours ago
- A study for a 73 year old man who takes Coq-10, Metoprolol Succinate, Probiotic, Atorvastatin Calcium, Bayer Low Dose Aspirin (81mg Aspirin), Metformin Hydrochloride, Magnesium, Pantoprazole, Incruse Ellipta - 9 hours ago
- A study for a 73 year old man who takes Suprep Bowel Prep Kit, Valsartan - 10 hours ago
- A study for a 52 year old woman who takes Methotrexate, Kenalog - 11 hours ago
- A study for a 47 year old man who takes Keppra, Fluoxetine - 11 hours ago
- A study for a 59 year old woman who takes Valproic Acid - 20 hours ago
- A study for a 59 year old woman who takes Valproic Acid - 20 hours ago
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.