Nausea and Serotonin syndrome - from FDA reports
Serotonin syndrome is found among people with Nausea, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, take medication Ondansetron and have Depression. This review analyzes which people have Serotonin syndrome with Nausea. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 125 people who have Nausea from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jan, 04, 2018
125 people who have Nausea and Serotonin Syndrome are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Nausea and experience Serotonin Syndrome *:
- female: 68.97 %
- male: 31.03 %
Age of people who have Nausea and experience Serotonin Syndrome *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 1.77 %
- 10-19: 4.42 %
- 20-29: 1.77 %
- 30-39: 18.58 %
- 40-49: 23.89 %
- 50-59: 12.39 %
- 60+: 37.17 %
Top co-existing conditions for these people *:
- Depression (57 people, 45.60%)
- Nausea And Vomiting (40 people, 32.00%)
- Pain (24 people, 19.20%)
- Stress And Anxiety (22 people, 17.60%)
- Back Pain (11 people, 8.80%)
Most common drugs for these people *:
- Ondansetron (31 people, 24.80%)
- Metformin (18 people, 14.40%)
- Fluoxetine (18 people, 14.40%)
- Acetaminophen (17 people, 13.60%)
- Metoclopramide (16 people, 12.80%)
Top symptoms for these people *:
- Neuroleptic Malignant Syndrome (20 people, 16.00%)
- Nausea And Vomiting (18 people, 14.40%)
- Mydriasis (13 people, 10.40%)
- Clonus (11 people, 8.80%)
- Agitation (11 people, 8.80%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Serotonin syndrome and Nausea?
- Check symptoms - is your serotonin syndrome caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- Write a Post - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeSerotonin syndrome and Nausea from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit) can be treated by Zofran, Phenergan, Promethazine, Ondansetron, Zofran odt (latest reports from 473,277 Nausea patients)
Serotonin syndrome (occurs when two drugs that affect the body's level of serotonin are taken together at the same time) has been reported by people with depression, pain, stress and anxiety, major depression, insomnia (latest reports from 10,388 Serotonin syndrome patients).
Browse all symptoms of Nauseaa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Could your drugs cause Serotonin syndromeSerotonin syndrome
Other conditions that could case Serotonin syndromeSerotonin syndrome
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Behnoush B, Memarian A, Teimoory M, "Naltrexone Induced Serotonin Syndrome", International Journal of Medical Toxicology and Forensic Medicine, 2013 Apr .
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
I think I have serotonin syndrome which brought on a multiple sclerosis relapse only the doctor doesn't think so. I was diagnosed with MS Jan 2008 and had a relapse a month or two later. I haven't had one since until now. I eat healthy and exercise (I cycle and swim, nothing to strenuous)and ...
You may be interested in these posts
My wife has afib with coughing and nausea, and I'm hoping to learn how to mitigate these. I know about keeping upper body vertical. We see cardiologist again in two days, on Tuesday, November 21,2017.