Osteoarthritis and Fall - from FDA reports
Fall is found among people with Osteoarthritis, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, take medication Vioxx and have High blood pressure. This review analyzes which people have Fall with Osteoarthritis. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 888 people who have Osteoarthritis from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Dec, 02, 2017
888 people who have Osteoarthritis and Fall are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Osteoarthritis and experience Fall *:
- female: 81.96 %
- male: 18.04 %
Age of people who have Osteoarthritis and experience Fall *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.27 %
- 30-39: 1.2 %
- 40-49: 3.6 %
- 50-59: 19.31 %
- 60+: 75.63 %
Top co-existing conditions for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (164 people, 18.47%)
- Osteoporosis (143 people, 16.10%)
- Pain (103 people, 11.60%)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (102 people, 11.49%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (82 people, 9.23%)
Most common drugs for these people *:
- Vioxx (220 people, 24.77%)
- Celebrex (157 people, 17.68%)
- Fosamax (135 people, 15.20%)
- Nexium (62 people, 6.98%)
- Lasix (62 people, 6.98%)
Top symptoms for these people *:
- Dizziness (162 people, 18.24%)
- High Blood Pressure (161 people, 18.13%)
- Pain (152 people, 17.12%)
- Joint Pain (150 people, 16.89%)
- Back Pain (126 people, 14.19%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Fall and Osteoarthritis?
- Check symptoms - is your fall caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeFall and Osteoarthritis from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Osteoarthritis (a joint disease caused by cartilage loss in a joint) can be treated by Celebrex, Meloxicam, Mobic, Tramadol, Naproxen (latest reports from 51,515 Osteoarthritis patients)
Fall has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, pain (latest reports from 198,144 Fall patients).
Browse all symptoms of Osteoarthritisa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Could your drugs cause FallFall
Other conditions that could case FallFall
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
I want to start taking tumeric for my extreme joint pain, but I'm worried I might experience a dangerous drop in blood sugar since I also take metformin. Metformin has worked well for me, keeping my a1c at about 5.8. My joint pain is pretty bad and has been extremely painful lately. Does anyone ...
HI my name is Deb. i just turned 50 in july and have been taking Tegretol since age 9 for Epilepsy. I was just diagnosed with severe osteoarthritis and need a total hip replacement much to the surprise of myself and my doctor. After reading about osteoarthritis on the Internet is am thinking ...