Osteomyelitis and Toxic encephalopathy - from FDA reports
Toxic encephalopathy is found among people with Osteomyelitis, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, take medication Metronidazole and have Extradural abscess. This review analyzes which people have Toxic encephalopathy with Osteomyelitis. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 21 people who have Osteomyelitis from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 19, 2017
21 people who have Osteomyelitis and Toxic Encephalopathy are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Osteomyelitis and experience Toxic Encephalopathy *:
- female: 63.16 %
- male: 36.84 %
Age of people who have Osteomyelitis and experience Toxic Encephalopathy *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 21.05 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 78.95 %
Top co-existing conditions for these people *:
- Extradural Abscess (4 people, 19.05%)
- Pain (3 people, 14.29%)
- Infection (3 people, 14.29%)
- Diabetes (3 people, 14.29%)
- Arterial Disorder (2 people, 9.52%)
Most common drugs for these people *:
- Metronidazole (6 people, 28.57%)
- Omeprazole (3 people, 14.29%)
- Baclofen (3 people, 14.29%)
- Maxipime (2 people, 9.52%)
- Lantus (2 people, 9.52%)
Top symptoms for these people *:
- Speech Impairment (adult) (3 people, 14.29%)
- Consciousness - Decreased (3 people, 14.29%)
- Myoclonus (2 people, 9.52%)
- Movement - Uncoordinated (2 people, 9.52%)
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (2 people, 9.52%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Toxic encephalopathy and Osteomyelitis?
- Check symptoms - is your toxic encephalopathy caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeToxic encephalopathy and Osteomyelitis from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Osteomyelitis (infection of bone) (latest reports from 20,092 Osteomyelitis patients)
Toxic encephalopathy (a degenerative neurologic disorder caused by exposure to toxic substances) has been reported by people with herpes zoster, pain, high blood pressure, epilepsy, depression (latest reports from 1,971 Toxic encephalopathy patients).
Browse all symptoms of Osteomyelitisa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Could your drugs cause Toxic encephalopathyToxic encephalopathy
Other conditions that could case Toxic encephalopathyToxic encephalopathy
What would happen?
You may be interested in these reviews
Hello, first post. I was in the hospital for Osteomyelitis - worst pain of my life. I have had PsA for 6 years and the Xray says: facet disease, SI joint inflammation and narrowing of the disc space. Wanting to find others who had have these and share/read experiences.
I have been on Embrel for 4 months and I am a 50 year old male and just was hospitalized and diagnosed with Ostyomylytis and Enterobacter spine infection, I discontinued Embrel and I am wondering if this will have detrimental life effects or if I stay off of Embrel forever will my Ostyomylytis ...
Hello, I was wondering if smoking Marijuana while having Enterobacter infection along with ostyomylytis is detrimental or helpful in the healing, currently i am on IV antibiotics for the Enterobacter bacteria entering my spine from a fall down the stairs,along with Ostyomylytis in the bones of ...
My 76 year old mother had been taking enbrel for years due to severe RA. In May 2013, she had her first occurrence Osteomyelitis. After a ray amputation of her little toe, things were ok for a couple of years. Within 2 weeks of resuming embrel, October 2015 the osteomyelitis returned, ...