Osteopenia and Basedow's disease
Basedow's disease is found among people with Osteopenia, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old.
The study analyzes which people have Basedow's disease with Osteopenia. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 33 people who have Osteopenia from the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
33 people who have Osteopenia and Basedow'S Disease are studied.
What is Osteopenia?
Osteopenia (a condition where bone mineral density is lower than normal) is found to be associated with 2,057 drugs and 1,137 conditions by eHealthMe.
What is Basedow's disease?
Basedow's disease (autoimmune disease where the thyroid is overactive, producing an excessive amount of thyroid hormones) is found to be associated with 855 drugs and 399 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Basedow's disease in Osteopenia reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Osteopenia and experienced Basedow'S Disease *:
- female: 60 %
- male: 40 %
Age of people who have Osteopenia and experienced Basedow'S Disease *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 3.45 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 41.38 %
- 50-59: 20.69 %
- 60+: 34.48 %
Common co-existing conditions for these people *:
- Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break): 22 people, 66.67%
- Thyroid Diseases: 12 people, 36.36%
- Sleep Disorder: 1 person, 3.03%
- Respiratory Tract Congestion (blockage on respiratory system): 1 person, 3.03%
- Pain: 1 person, 3.03%
- Indigestion: 1 person, 3.03%
- Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development): 1 person, 3.03%
- High Blood Pressure: 1 person, 3.03%
- Fluid Retention (an abnormal accumulation of fluid in the blood): 1 person, 3.03%
- Diarrhea: 1 person, 3.03%
Common drugs taken by these people *:
- Fosamax: 32 people, 96.97%
- Synthroid: 20 people, 60.61%
- Alendronate Sodium: 15 people, 45.45%
- Actonel: 7 people, 21.21%
- Adalat: 7 people, 21.21%
- Adalat Cc: 7 people, 21.21%
- Aspirin: 7 people, 21.21%
- Norvasc: 7 people, 21.21%
- Monopril: 7 people, 21.21%
- Lipitor: 6 people, 18.18%
Common symptoms for these people *:
- Sinusitis (inflammation of sinus): 25 people, 75.76%
- Back Pain: 20 people, 60.61%
- Depression: 20 people, 60.61%
- Osteoarthritis (a joint disease caused by cartilage loss in a joint): 19 people, 57.58%
- Pain In Extremity: 19 people, 57.58%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 19 people, 57.58%
- Synovial Cyst (cyst of joint filled with synovial fluid): 19 people, 57.58%
- Femur Fracture: 19 people, 57.58%
- Aseptic Necrosis (the death of bone tissue due to a lack of blood supply): 19 people, 57.58%
- Bronchitis (inflammation of the mucous membrane in the bronchial tubes): 18 people, 54.55%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take medications and have Basedow's disease?Check whether Basedow's disease is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Treatments, associated drugs and conditions:
- Osteopenia (42,499 reports)
- Basedow's disease (5,952 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Basedow's disease:
- Basedow's disease in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Basedow's disease in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Basedow's disease in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Basedow's disease:
- Synthroid: 187 reports
- Lemtrada: 138 reports
- Prednisone: 124 reports
- Methimazole: 118 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Basedow's disease:
- Basedow's disease (855 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Basedow's disease:
- Multiple sclerosis: 465 reports
- Primary pulmonary hypertension: 114 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Basedow's disease:
- Basedow's disease (399 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study is based on Basedow's disease and Osteopenia, and their synonyms.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Centrum and Colostomy - 3 seconds ago
- Maxipime and Stenotrophomonas Infection - 4 seconds ago
- Magnesium Oxide and Aminocaproic Acid drug interaction - 5 seconds ago
- Streptase and Swallowing Difficulty - 8 seconds ago
- Lower Urinary Tract Symptoms and Abdominal Distension - 9 seconds ago
- Nuzyra and Ondansetron drug interaction - 11 seconds ago
- Folic Acid and Inspra drug interaction - 12 seconds ago
- Dacarbazine and Itching - 14 seconds ago
- Ketoconazole and Stilbestrol drug interaction - 18 seconds ago
- Sulfatrim-Ds and Pain - 21 seconds ago