Osteoporosis and Alternative medicine - pain relief - from FDA reports
Alternative medicine - pain relief is found among people with Osteoporosis, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, take medication Forteo and have Osteopenia. This review analyzes which people have Alternative medicine - pain relief with Osteoporosis. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 14,247 people who have Osteoporosis from FDA , and is updated regularly.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our original studies have been referenced on 400+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including: The Lancet, and Mayo Clinic Proceedings.
14,247 people who have Osteoporosis and Alternative Medicine - Pain Relief are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Osteoporosis and experience Alternative Medicine - Pain Relief *:
- female: 91.61 %
- male: 8.39 %
Age of people who have Osteoporosis and experience Alternative Medicine - Pain Relief *:
- 0-1: 0.03 %
- 2-9: 0.09 %
- 10-19: 0.24 %
- 20-29: 0.34 %
- 30-39: 1.23 %
- 40-49: 5.64 %
- 50-59: 20.93 %
- 60+: 71.51 %
Top co-existing conditions for these people *:
- Osteopenia (a condition where bone mineral density is lower than normal): 859 people, 6.03%
- High Blood Pressure: 703 people, 4.93%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 523 people, 3.67%
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 455 people, 3.19%
- Depression: 386 people, 2.71%
Most common drugs for these people *:
- Forteo: 6,452 people, 45.29%
- Fosamax: 3,105 people, 21.79%
- Reclast: 844 people, 5.92%
- Aspirin: 825 people, 5.79%
- Synthroid: 748 people, 5.25%
Top symptoms for these people *:
- Joint Pain: 3,839 people, 26.95%
- Pain In Extremity: 3,194 people, 22.42%
- Fall: 3,161 people, 22.19%
- Back Pain: 2,759 people, 19.37%
- Weakness: 2,380 people, 16.71%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Alternative medicine - pain relief with Osteoporosis?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Alternative medicine - pain relief
- Predict new side effects and undetected conditions
- Connect with people like you, or share your experience to help people like you
We suggest these affordable tests for self monitoring. You can order them and receive results on eHealthMe. No doctor referral or insurance necessary.
- Arthritis panel ($197.00) Add to cart
- Calcium, serum ($35.00) Add to cart
- Cbc (includes differential and platelets) ($32.00) Add to cart
- Glucose, serum ($35.00) Add to cart
- Parathyroid hormone (pth), intact ($65.00) Add to cart
- Urinalysis, complete with microscopic examination ($39.00) Add to cart
Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break) can be treated by Calcium, Fosamax, Vitamin d, Alendronate sodium, Actonel (latest reports from 182,300 Osteoporosis patients)
Alternative Medicine - Pain Relief
Alternative medicine - pain relief has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, pain, multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, birth control (latest reports from 494,254 Alternative medicine - pain relief patients).
Drugs that are associated with Alternative medicine - pain reliefAlternative medicine - pain relief (4,124 drugs)
Other conditions that could cause Alternative medicine - pain reliefAlternative medicine - pain relief (4,856 conditions)
Browse all symptoms of Osteoporosisa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeAlternative medicine - pain relief and Osteoporosis from FDA and eHealthMe reports (14,385 reports)
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Ko KD, Cho BL, "Risedronate-related Localized Amnesia in an Elderly Patient with Osteoporosis", Journal of the Korean Geriatrics Society, 2012 Dec .
- Hirschmann S, Gibel A, Tsvelikhovsky I, Lisker A, "Late-Onset Psychosis and Risedronate Treatment for Osteoporosis: A Case Report", Clinical schizophrenia & related psychoses, 2013 May .
- Lee WY, Sun LM, Lin MC, Liang JA, Chang SN, Sung FC, Muo CH, Kao CH, "A higher dosage of oral alendronate will increase the subsequent cancer risk of osteoporosis patients in Taiwan: a population-based cohort study", PloS one, 2012 Dec .
Analysis tools (to study 684 million drug outcomes from FDA)
- Check symptoms - identify the cause of a symptom: from a drug or from a condition?
- Check drugs - find out common side effects or drug interactions of my drugs.
- Compare drugs - compare the side effects and efficacy of multiple drugs side by side.
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who have Osteoporosis and Alternative Medicine - Pain Relief
- Support group for people who have Osteoporosis (181 members)
- Support group for people who have Alternative Medicine - Pain Relief (187 members)
Can you answer these questions
- What is the best pain reliever for cronic pancreatitis that a Dr. Can prescribe for home use
- I've been taking Forteo for 4 months. Developed bladder infection. Ciprofloxacin was prescribed. Need lots of calcium too. How to take both?
- I'm a 68-year old male with prostate cancer and osteoporosis. My doctors are pushing for me to take Prolia for osteoporosis (T= -3). The side effects of bisphosphonates are scary. Are there any viable alternatives?
- I handle workers' comp claims. I recently took over a claim involving a middle-aged male who relies on self-cath 6+ times daily. He was born spina bifida but has this problem now as a result of back surgery from job-related accident. While there may be no alternative to his self catherization,...
- I AM A 67 YR OLD MAN WITH OSTEOPEROSIS AND I NEED TO WEAR PADS
You may be interested in these posts
- Toradol made me havve fractures that were not caused by trauma...i will not take.
- Since my last injection of Prolia I have been experiencing chest pain and sometimes pain down the arms This is my sixth injection and the cheats pain seems to occur after every injection I find this worrying
- My self Arijit Das. My mother Sipra Das is suffering from Pneumonia.and Osteoporosis. She. Is not quite well in this time. Suffering from breathing problem and fatigue. She has a high blood pressure with thyroid. And many. Problem related with this illness. So please join me with your group for...
- I just got the results of my most recent bone scan and was devastated to find out I had additional loss since the last scan in "both" my hips and several vertebrae in my neck as well. I have asthma and have been prescribed "both" Breo and Spiriva by my allergist who is also treating my asthma....
- I have used zolpiderm for many years but eventually stopped taking this medicine for an extended period. My sleep problems became significantly worse but a number of serious health issues became significantly better - including severe intermittent back pain in two places where I had suffered...
- Will you have Hernia - Abdominal with Nicotylamidum?
- Will you have Oedema with Zyrtec?
- Will you have Blood Homocysteine Increased with Multiple Sclerosis?
- Will you have Abdominal Distress with Sour Cherry?
- Will you have Breast Disorder Male with Strattera?
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who take Nicotylamidum and have Hernia - Abdominal?
- Support group for people who take Zyrtec and have Oedema?
- Support group for people who have Multiple Sclerosis and Blood Homocysteine Increased?
- Support group for people who take Sour Cherry and have Abdominal Distress?
- Support group for people who take Strattera and have Breast Disorder Male?
- What to expect when you take Nicotylamidum and have Hernia - Abdominal?
- What to expect when you take Zyrtec and have Oedema?
- What to expect when you have Multiple Sclerosis and Blood Homocysteine Increased?
- What to expect when you take Sour Cherry and have Abdominal Distress?
- What to expect when you take Strattera and have Breast Disorder Male?
- A study for a 28 year old woman who takes Depo-provera, Buspirone Hcl, Vyvanse
- A study for a 75 year old woman who takes Coumadin, Synthroid
- A study for a 19 year old boy who takes Concerta
- A study for a 19 year old boy who takes Concerta
- A study for a 32 year old woman who takes Cytomel, Adderall 20, Xanax
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.