Osteoporosis and Basedow's disease
Basedow's disease is found among people with Osteoporosis, especially for people who are female, 60+ old.
The study analyzes which people have Basedow's disease with Osteoporosis. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 88 people who have Osteoporosis from the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
88 people who have Osteoporosis and Basedow'S Disease are studied.
What is Osteoporosis?
Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break) is found to be associated with 2,629 drugs and 1,865 conditions by eHealthMe.
What is Basedow's disease?
Basedow's disease (autoimmune disease where the thyroid is overactive, producing an excessive amount of thyroid hormones) is found to be associated with 855 drugs and 399 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Basedow's disease in Osteoporosis reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Osteoporosis and experienced Basedow'S Disease *:
- female: 82.14 %
- male: 17.86 %
Age of people who have Osteoporosis and experienced Basedow'S Disease *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 1.69 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 33.9 %
- 50-59: 13.56 %
- 60+: 50.85 %
Common co-existing conditions for these people *:
- Osteopenia (a condition where bone mineral density is lower than normal): 22 people, 25.00%
- Thyroid Diseases: 12 people, 13.64%
- High Blood Pressure: 6 people, 6.82%
- Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development): 5 people, 5.68%
- Breast Cancer: 4 people, 4.55%
- Constipation: 4 people, 4.55%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 4 people, 4.55%
- Aortic Stenosis (obstruction to the outflow of blood from the left ventricle into the aorta): 4 people, 4.55%
- Sleep Disorder: 3 people, 3.41%
- Pain: 3 people, 3.41%
Common drugs taken by these people *:
- Fosamax: 51 people, 57.95%
- Synthroid: 20 people, 22.73%
- Alendronate Sodium: 14 people, 15.91%
- Forteo: 13 people, 14.77%
- Aspirin: 9 people, 10.23%
- Lipitor: 8 people, 9.09%
- Boniva: 8 people, 9.09%
- Actonel: 7 people, 7.95%
- Zetia: 7 people, 7.95%
- Norvasc: 7 people, 7.95%
Common symptoms for these people *:
- Joint Pain: 32 people, 36.36%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 29 people, 32.95%
- Back Pain: 29 people, 32.95%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 29 people, 32.95%
- Depression: 28 people, 31.82%
- Femur Fracture: 27 people, 30.68%
- Stress And Anxiety: 27 people, 30.68%
- Dental Caries: 26 people, 29.55%
- Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development): 25 people, 28.41%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 24 people, 27.27%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take medications and have Basedow's disease?Check whether Basedow's disease is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Hirschmann S, Gibel A, Tsvelikhovsky I, Lisker A, "Late-Onset Psychosis and Risedronate Treatment for Osteoporosis: A Case Report", Clinical schizophrenia & related psychoses, 2013 May .
- Ko KD, Cho BL, "Risedronate-related Localized Amnesia in an Elderly Patient with Osteoporosis", Journal of the Korean Geriatrics Society, 2012 Dec .
- Lee WY, Sun LM, Lin MC, Liang JA, Chang SN, Sung FC, Muo CH, Kao CH, "A higher dosage of oral alendronate will increase the subsequent cancer risk of osteoporosis patients in Taiwan: a population-based cohort study", PloS one, 2012 Dec .
Treatments, associated drugs and conditions:
- Osteoporosis (269,854 reports)
- Basedow's disease (5,952 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Basedow's disease:
- Basedow's disease in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Basedow's disease in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Basedow's disease in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Basedow's disease:
- Synthroid: 187 reports
- Lemtrada: 138 reports
- Prednisone: 124 reports
- Methimazole: 118 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Basedow's disease:
- Basedow's disease (855 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Basedow's disease:
- Multiple sclerosis: 465 reports
- Primary pulmonary hypertension: 114 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Basedow's disease:
- Basedow's disease (399 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study is based on Basedow's disease and Osteoporosis, and their synonyms.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Neoral and Herpes Simplex - a second ago
- Glucagon and Heparin-Induced Thrombocytopenia - 2 seconds ago
- Percocet vs. Duragesic-100 - 9 seconds ago
- Depakote and Bone Pain Aggravated - 12 seconds ago
- Cortisone Acetate and Hydrocortisone drug interaction - 15 seconds ago
- Milk Of Magnesia and Phentermine drug interaction - 17 seconds ago
- Inderal La and Baraclude drug interaction - 18 seconds ago
- Amitriptyline Hydrochloride and Vitreous Floaters - 26 seconds ago
- Psoriasis and Eye Infection - 30 seconds ago
- Heparin and Infective Pulmonary Exacerbation Of Cystic Fibrosis - 34 seconds ago