Osteoporosis and Dizziness - from FDA reports
Dizziness is found among people with Osteoporosis, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, take medication Forteo and have High blood pressure. This review analyzes which people have Dizziness with Osteoporosis. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 12,215 people who have Osteoporosis from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jan, 16, 2018
12,215 people who have Osteoporosis and Dizziness are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Osteoporosis and experience Dizziness *:
- female: 92.98 %
- male: 7.02 %
Age of people who have Osteoporosis and experience Dizziness *:
- 0-1: 0.02 %
- 2-9: 0.02 %
- 10-19: 0.16 %
- 20-29: 0.5 %
- 30-39: 1.02 %
- 40-49: 4.38 %
- 50-59: 16.39 %
- 60+: 77.51 %
Top co-existing conditions for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (711 people, 5.82%)
- Osteopenia (700 people, 5.73%)
- Pain (439 people, 3.59%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (407 people, 3.33%)
- Depression (317 people, 2.60%)
Most common drugs for these people *:
- Forteo (7,108 people, 58.19%)
- Fosamax (2,685 people, 21.98%)
- Synthroid (728 people, 5.96%)
- Aspirin (610 people, 4.99%)
- Alendronate Sodium (575 people, 4.71%)
Top symptoms for these people *:
- Nausea (3,675 people, 30.09%)
- Fall (2,744 people, 22.46%)
- Weakness (2,557 people, 20.93%)
- Fatigue (2,507 people, 20.52%)
- Headache (2,466 people, 20.19%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Dizziness and Osteoporosis?
- Check symptoms - is your dizziness caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- Write a Post - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeDizziness and Osteoporosis from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break) can be treated by Fosamax, Calcium, Vitamin d, Alendronate sodium, Actonel (latest reports from 182,298 Osteoporosis patients)
Dizziness has been reported by people with high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, depression, osteoporosis, pain (latest reports from 302,942 Dizziness patients).
Browse all symptoms of Osteoporosisa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Could your drugs cause DizzinessDizziness
Other conditions that could case DizzinessDizziness
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Ko KD, Cho BL, "Risedronate-related Localized Amnesia in an Elderly Patient with Osteoporosis", Journal of the Korean Geriatrics Society, 2012 Dec .
- Hirschmann S, Gibel A, Tsvelikhovsky I, Lisker A, "Late-Onset Psychosis and Risedronate Treatment for Osteoporosis: A Case Report", Clinical schizophrenia & related psychoses, 2013 May .
- Lee WY, Sun LM, Lin MC, Liang JA, Chang SN, Sung FC, Muo CH, Kao CH, "A higher dosage of oral alendronate will increase the subsequent cancer risk of osteoporosis patients in Taiwan: a population-based cohort study", PloS one, 2012 Dec .
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
It's very annoying, I feel dizzy all the time, especially the day after having drinks. I have seen 4 ENT doctors at first they prescribed for me Betaserc. I discovered that the problem is not my ear I went to see a neurologist he said you a have a vestibular migraine, he prescribed for me ...
I'm a 68-year old male with prostate cancer and osteoporosis. My doctors are pushing for me to take Prolia for osteoporosis (T= -3). The side effects of bisphosphonates are scary. Are there any viable alternatives?
I just started taking a Beta Blocker(Metoprolol 50mg daily) because of high blood pressure..I also take Methadone 30mg. Daily...I notice when I take the men's and drink lemon water with a table spoon of ACV w/ the mother I get dizzy to the point I want to fall down...Could it be the ACV with ...
I am healthy I take good care of myself. I know my body inside out. I have the first stage of bone lost. I am on Alenderonate I have been on it for 6 weeks. I got a very bad dizzy spell it has continued. I called my Dr and told her I will not be on this medication no longer. She put me on ...
You may be interested in these posts
I was prescribed Fosomax approx 15 years ago then ceased when told it was not to be taken for longer than 5 years. Following cessation of Fosomax I took no drugs for Osteoporosis. Then, approximately 3 years ago was prescribed Prolia and had a terrible reaction including urinary tract ...
I started letrozole only 4 days ago and feel so dizzy, sick and have not been able to move around let alone drive, how long does this dizziness last? I am supposed to take this medication for 10 years (breast cancer) not sure if I can do this. Do symptoms improve after taking letrozole for a while?
I just got the results of my most recent bone scan and was devastated to find out I had additional loss since the last scan in "both" my hips and several vertebrae in my neck as well. I have asthma and have been prescribed "both" Breo and Spiriva by my allergist who is also treating my asthma. ...