Osteoporosis and Dizziness - from FDA reports
Dizziness is found among people with Osteoporosis, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, take medication Forteo and have High blood pressure. This review analyzes which people have Dizziness with Osteoporosis. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 12,215 people who have Osteoporosis from FDA , and is updated regularly.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our original studies have been referenced on 400+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including: The Lancet, and Mayo Clinic Proceedings.
12,215 people who have Osteoporosis and Dizziness are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Osteoporosis and experience Dizziness *:
- female: 92.98 %
- male: 7.02 %
Age of people who have Osteoporosis and experience Dizziness *:
- 0-1: 0.02 %
- 2-9: 0.02 %
- 10-19: 0.16 %
- 20-29: 0.5 %
- 30-39: 1.02 %
- 40-49: 4.38 %
- 50-59: 16.39 %
- 60+: 77.51 %
Top co-existing conditions for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure: 711 people, 5.82%
- Osteopenia (a condition where bone mineral density is lower than normal): 700 people, 5.73%
- Pain: 439 people, 3.59%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 407 people, 3.33%
- Depression: 317 people, 2.60%
Most common drugs for these people *:
- Forteo: 7,108 people, 58.19%
- Fosamax: 2,685 people, 21.98%
- Synthroid: 728 people, 5.96%
- Aspirin: 610 people, 4.99%
- Alendronate Sodium: 575 people, 4.71%
Top symptoms for these people *:
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 3,675 people, 30.09%
- Fall: 2,744 people, 22.46%
- Weakness: 2,557 people, 20.93%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 2,507 people, 20.52%
- Headache (pain in head): 2,466 people, 20.19%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Dizziness with Osteoporosis?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Dizziness
- Predict new side effects and undetected conditions
- Connect with people like you, or share your experience to help people like you
We suggest these affordable tests for self monitoring. You can order them and receive results on eHealthMe. No doctor referral or insurance necessary.
- Cbc (includes differential and platelets) ($32.00) Add to cart
- Glucose, serum ($35.00) Add to cart
- Hcg (pregnancy) qualitative, serum (human chorionic gonadotropin) females only ($53.00) Add to cart
- Thyroid panel with tsh plus free t3 and free t4 ($99.00) Add to cart
- Urinalysis, complete with microscopic examination ($39.00) Add to cart
Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break) can be treated by Calcium, Fosamax, Vitamin d, Alendronate sodium, Actonel (latest reports from 182,300 Osteoporosis patients)
Dizziness has been reported by people with high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, depression, osteoporosis, pain (latest reports from 302,953 Dizziness patients).
Drugs that are associated with DizzinessDizziness (4,029 drugs)
Other conditions that could cause DizzinessDizziness (4,828 conditions)
Browse all symptoms of Osteoporosisa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeDizziness and Osteoporosis from FDA and eHealthMe reports (12,252 reports)
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Ko KD, Cho BL, "Risedronate-related Localized Amnesia in an Elderly Patient with Osteoporosis", Journal of the Korean Geriatrics Society, 2012 Dec .
- Hirschmann S, Gibel A, Tsvelikhovsky I, Lisker A, "Late-Onset Psychosis and Risedronate Treatment for Osteoporosis: A Case Report", Clinical schizophrenia & related psychoses, 2013 May .
- Lee WY, Sun LM, Lin MC, Liang JA, Chang SN, Sung FC, Muo CH, Kao CH, "A higher dosage of oral alendronate will increase the subsequent cancer risk of osteoporosis patients in Taiwan: a population-based cohort study", PloS one, 2012 Dec .
Analysis tools (to study 684 million drug outcomes from FDA)
- Check symptoms - identify the cause of a symptom: from a drug or from a condition?
- Check drugs - find out common side effects or drug interactions of my drugs.
- Compare drugs - compare the side effects and efficacy of multiple drugs side by side.
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who have Osteoporosis and Dizziness
- Support group for people who have Osteoporosis (181 members)
- Support group for people who have Dizziness (842 members)
Can you answer these questions
- Taking d- mannose and experience dizziness. Is there a good alternative for incontinence?
- I've been taking Forteo for 4 months. Developed bladder infection. Ciprofloxacin was prescribed. Need lots of calcium too. How to take both?
- I'm a 68-year old male with prostate cancer and osteoporosis. My doctors are pushing for me to take Prolia for osteoporosis (T= -3). The side effects of bisphosphonates are scary. Are there any viable alternatives?
- I am healthy I take good care of myself. I know my body inside out. I have the first stage of bone lost. I am on Alenderonate I have been on it for 6 weeks. I got a very bad dizzy spell it has continued. I called my Dr and told her I will not be on this medication no longer. She put me on...
- I AM A 67 YR OLD MAN WITH OSTEOPEROSIS AND I NEED TO WEAR PADS
You may be interested in these posts
- Toradol made me havve fractures that were not caused by trauma...i will not take.
- This is all very new to me, I've been on levothyroxine for years. I took a period where I wasn't taking it, and I'm back on it again. I've been having vertigo for 2 weeks for the first time in my life. I've been back on the med for over a month...and the vertigo seems to be getting worse. I've...
- Since my last injection of Prolia I have been experiencing chest pain and sometimes pain down the arms This is my sixth injection and the cheats pain seems to occur after every injection I find this worrying
- Since having two stents placed I am having dizziness everyday sometimes multiple episodes in one day. It has been 3 weeks.
- My self Arijit Das. My mother Sipra Das is suffering from Pneumonia.and Osteoporosis. She. Is not quite well in this time. Suffering from breathing problem and fatigue. She has a high blood pressure with thyroid. And many. Problem related with this illness. So please join me with your group for...
- Will you have Crohn'S Disease with Fluorouracil?
- Will you have Crohns with Fluorouracil?
- Will you have Crohns Disease with Fluorouracil?
- Will you have Regional Enteritis with Fluorouracil?
- Will you have Inflammatory Bowel Disease - Crohn'S Disease with Fluorouracil?
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who take Fluorouracil and have Crohn'S Disease?
- Support group for people who take Fluorouracil and have Crohns?
- Support group for people who take Fluorouracil and have Crohns Disease?
- Support group for people who take Fluorouracil and have Regional Enteritis?
- Support group for people who take Fluorouracil and have Inflammatory Bowel Disease - Crohn'S Disease?
- What to expect when you take Fluorouracil and have Crohn'S Disease?
- What to expect when you take Fluorouracil and have Crohns?
- What to expect when you take Fluorouracil and have Crohns Disease?
- What to expect when you take Fluorouracil and have Regional Enteritis?
- What to expect when you take Fluorouracil and have Inflammatory Bowel Disease - Crohn'S Disease?
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.