Osteoporosis and Weakness - from FDA reports
Weakness is found among people with Osteoporosis, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, take medication Forteo and have Osteopenia. This review analyzes which people have Weakness with Osteoporosis. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 11,550 people who have Osteoporosis from FDA , and is updated regularly.
11,550 people who have Osteoporosis and Weakness are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Osteoporosis and experience Weakness *:
- female: 91.16 %
- male: 8.84 %
Age of people who have Osteoporosis and experience Weakness *:
- 0-1: 0.03 %
- 2-9: 0.05 %
- 10-19: 0.17 %
- 20-29: 0.43 %
- 30-39: 1.24 %
- 40-49: 4.05 %
- 50-59: 15.45 %
- 60+: 78.57 %
Top co-existing conditions for these people *:
- Osteopenia (a condition where bone mineral density is lower than normal): 707 people, 6.12%
- High Blood Pressure: 703 people, 6.09%
- Pain: 451 people, 3.90%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 349 people, 3.02%
- Depression: 326 people, 2.82%
Most common drugs for these people *:
- Forteo: 6,405 people, 55.45%
- Fosamax: 2,414 people, 20.90%
- Aspirin: 710 people, 6.15%
- Synthroid: 707 people, 6.12%
- Alendronate Sodium: 583 people, 5.05%
Top symptoms for these people *:
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 3,166 people, 27.41%
- Joint Pain: 2,651 people, 22.95%
- Fall: 2,600 people, 22.51%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 2,594 people, 22.46%
- Dizziness: 2,557 people, 22.14%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Experience matters! A new approach to health care:
What's next: manage your medications
- Order discounted lab tests to monitor your medications, no doctor referral required
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Weakness
- Connect with people like you, or share your experience to help people like you
- Print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break) can be treated by Calcium, Fosamax, Vitamin d, Alendronate sodium, Actonel (latest reports from 182,301 Osteoporosis patients)
Weakness has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 303,653 Weakness patients).
Drugs that are associated with WeaknessWeakness (3,099 drugs)
Other conditions that could cause WeaknessWeakness (5,084 conditions)
Browse all symptoms of Osteoporosisa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Ko KD, Cho BL, "Risedronate-related Localized Amnesia in an Elderly Patient with Osteoporosis", Journal of the Korean Geriatrics Society, 2012 Dec .
- Hirschmann S, Gibel A, Tsvelikhovsky I, Lisker A, "Late-Onset Psychosis and Risedronate Treatment for Osteoporosis: A Case Report", Clinical schizophrenia & related psychoses, 2013 May .
- Lee WY, Sun LM, Lin MC, Liang JA, Chang SN, Sung FC, Muo CH, Kao CH, "A higher dosage of oral alendronate will increase the subsequent cancer risk of osteoporosis patients in Taiwan: a population-based cohort study", PloS one, 2012 Dec .
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who have Osteoporosis and Weakness
- Support group for people who have Osteoporosis (186 members)
- Support group for people who have Weakness (308 members)
You may be interested in these posts
- I have been taking ametrytaline for only a week and have weakness in leg muscles and restless legs.help please
- I have been on Plavix for almost one month. I have muscle weakness and aching from my hips to my knees. It's not all the time. I do have good days without symptoms. Does anyone have a solution. I've always been an active person but this has limited my ability to move!
- Hi, thank you for being here for me.
- Hi, My name is Mary. I have been taking forteo for two months.
- Hi my name is Laurie and just recently started taking Prozac. I have muscle fatigue in my arms. Does anyone else have this problem? I am a 60 year old female
- What to expect when you take Curcumin and have Deafness Transitory Partial?
- Will you have Conjunctival Hyperaemia with Gastritis?
- Will you have Short Of Breath with Synthroid?
- Will you have Vasoconstriction with Bisoprolol Fumarate?
- Will you have Stomach Upset with Sirolimus?
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who have Gastritis and Conjunctival Hyperaemia?
- Support group for people who take Synthroid and have Short Of Breath?
- Support group for people who take Bisoprolol Fumarate and have Vasoconstriction?
- Support group for people who take Sirolimus and have Stomach Upset?
- Support group for people who take Glycopyrrolate and Nexium
- I started taking Protonix twice daily for gerd and eosinophilic esophagitis and now have an itchy...
- I've been taking Eliquis for 3 months and have had constant back and leg pain since.
- I had tried repatha and it nearly killed me,( High BP) then the Dr's wanted me to try Praluent. I...
- Hello. I am newly diagnosed with dry macular degeneration in the left eye and am very interested...
- I have been taking Actonel for 2 1/2 years now and since having started have experienced extreme...
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.