Pain and Dementia - from FDA reports
Dementia is found among people with Pain, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, take medication Aspirin and have High blood pressure. This review analyzes which people have Dementia with Pain. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 341 people who have Pain from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Dec, 25, 2017
341 people who have Pain and Dementia are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Pain and experience Dementia *:
- female: 62.87 %
- male: 37.13 %
Age of people who have Pain and experience Dementia *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.77 %
- 30-39: 1.15 %
- 40-49: 6.15 %
- 50-59: 16.15 %
- 60+: 75.77 %
Top co-existing conditions for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (68 people, 19.94%)
- Depression (41 people, 12.02%)
- Stress And Anxiety (37 people, 10.85%)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (34 people, 9.97%)
- Insomnia (29 people, 8.50%)
Most common drugs for these people *:
- Aspirin (41 people, 12.02%)
- Duragesic-100 (40 people, 11.73%)
- Prilosec (39 people, 11.44%)
- Lyrica (36 people, 10.56%)
- Lisinopril (36 people, 10.56%)
Top symptoms for these people *:
- Fall (80 people, 23.46%)
- Weakness (65 people, 19.06%)
- Fatigue (62 people, 18.18%)
- Confusional State (52 people, 15.25%)
- Nausea And Vomiting (50 people, 14.66%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Dementia and Pain?
- Check symptoms - is your dementia caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- Write a Post - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeDementia and Pain from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Pain can be treated by Percocet, Tramadol hydrochloride, Vicodin, Hydrocodone bitartrate and acetaminophen, Ibuprofen (latest reports from 494,245 Pain patients)
Dementia (madness) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, depression, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 20,158 Dementia patients).
Browse all symptoms of Paina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Could your drugs cause DementiaDementia
Other conditions that could case DementiaDementia
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
My husband is in the early stages of what is probably Lewy Body Dementia (he has had REM sleep disorder for several years and is starting to show Parkinsonian type muscle tremors, trouble swallowing, etc.). There are interesting studies out there about the potential mitigative impacts of ...
I handle workers' comp claims. I recently took over a claim involving a middle-aged male who relies on self-cath 6+ times daily. He was born spina bifida but has this problem now as a result of back surgery from job-related accident. While there may be no alternative to his self catherization, ...
You may be interested in these posts
While taking Sovaldi, i experienced deep depression and thoughts of suicide. In the 10 months since beginning my treatment (7 months since completion), I have experience diminished cognitive abilities and difficulty with language. These symptoms began during treatment and have continued to ...
my Wife was on oxycontin and oxycodone for more than 15 years. I complained to the Doctors that there was "memory problems" starting in 2010. I got denial and finger pointing. 2012 saw a neurologist thought it was more psychological. test this year would suggest that he mis diagnosed. Major ...
Mom is moving very rapidly to the final stages of vascular dementia and has recently stopped eating very much, then it is soup, ice cream etc. when she does eat normally she has been vomitting. Dr seems to want swallowing test but other than that since mom’s health is already compromised we ...