Pain and Dementia - from FDA reports
Dementia is found among people with Pain, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, take medication Aspirin and have High blood pressure. This review analyzes which people have Dementia with Pain. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 341 people who have Pain from FDA , and is updated regularly.
341 people who have Pain and Dementia are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Pain and experience Dementia *:
- female: 62.87 %
- male: 37.13 %
Age of people who have Pain and experience Dementia *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.77 %
- 30-39: 1.15 %
- 40-49: 6.15 %
- 50-59: 16.15 %
- 60+: 75.77 %
Top co-existing conditions for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure: 68 people, 19.94%
- Depression: 41 people, 12.02%
- Stress And Anxiety: 37 people, 10.85%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 34 people, 9.97%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 29 people, 8.50%
Most common drugs for these people *:
- Aspirin: 41 people, 12.02%
- Duragesic-100: 40 people, 11.73%
- Prilosec: 39 people, 11.44%
- Lyrica: 36 people, 10.56%
- Lisinopril: 36 people, 10.56%
Top symptoms for these people *:
- Fall: 80 people, 23.46%
- Weakness: 65 people, 19.06%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 62 people, 18.18%
- Confusional State: 52 people, 15.25%
- Nausea And Vomiting: 50 people, 14.66%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Experience matters! A new approach to health care:
What's next: manage your medications
- Order discounted lab tests to monitor your medications, no doctor referral required
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Dementia
- Connect with people like you, or share your experience to help people like you
- Print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Pain can be treated by Tramadol, Vicodin, Percocet, Tramadol hydrochloride, Hydrocodone bitartrate and acetaminophen (latest reports from 494,255 Pain patients)
Dementia (madness) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, depression, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 20,159 Dementia patients).
Drugs that are associated with DementiaDementia (1,335 drugs)
Other conditions that could cause DementiaDementia (1,228 conditions)
Browse all symptoms of Paina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who have Pain and Dementia
- Support group for people who have Pain (187 members)
- Support group for people who have Dementia (160 members)
You may be interested in these posts
- New to this diagnosis. Looking to learn more.
- My wife is bipolar and is now experiencing sign of dementia....the MRI is tomorrow...the results unknown now....Some one in fifty words or less tell me what are we looking at in the near future (year) and five years and ten year....I know everyone is different. My name is tony and I'm 73. my...
- My husband took Ativan for 6 to 8 years, 3 mg at the last. He went off of it a few users ago and immediately started developing signs of dementia. He is in a VA dementia care home now. I blame the Ativan.
- I have bipolar and just been diagnosed with lbd and want to connect with other for help.
- I have been sober from alcohol. Due to sinusitis and stress, I have developed bad TMJ or TMD. My right jaw hurts badly. I do PT and Chiropactic. Also, prayer and will begin a guided meditation. Ambien works 1/4 of a ten mg... and I’ve tried Many meds for depression, pain plus supplements. I...
- Will you have Hyperhidrosis with Baraclude?
- Will you have Vertigo with Ansaid?
- Will you have Rhinitis with Metoprolol Tartrate?
- Will you have Therapeutic Response Decreased with Ritalin?
- Will you have Dizziness with Remicade?
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who take Baraclude and have Hyperhidrosis?
- Support group for people who take Ansaid and have Vertigo?
- Support group for people who take Metoprolol Tartrate and have Rhinitis?
- Support group for people who take Ritalin and have Therapeutic Response Decreased?
- Support group for people who take Remicade and have Dizziness?
- Hi Have been taking Olmetec Plus for about one year and take Tylenol extra strength for headache...
- Hi, 2 months ago I had a suspicion of having malaria so I took 2 days of emergency Malarone...
- Hi, I'm Rich McDermott from Levittown NY. Just started taking Flomax a week ago after prostate...
- First time taking the Depo shot in the beginning of June, now dealing with headaches and joints. I...
- Debbie had a heart attack march 29 of this year had 1 stint put in and 2 more to go they put on...
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.