Pain and Serotonin syndrome - from FDA reports
Serotonin syndrome is found among people with Pain, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, take medication Cymbalta and have Depression. This review analyzes which people have Serotonin syndrome with Pain. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 697 people who have Pain from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Dec, 29, 2017
697 people who have Pain and Serotonin Syndrome are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Pain and experience Serotonin Syndrome *:
- female: 61.43 %
- male: 38.57 %
Age of people who have Pain and experience Serotonin Syndrome *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.17 %
- 10-19: 2.24 %
- 20-29: 6.38 %
- 30-39: 10.17 %
- 40-49: 17.93 %
- 50-59: 19.66 %
- 60+: 43.45 %
Top co-existing conditions for these people *:
- Depression (295 people, 42.32%)
- Stress And Anxiety (68 people, 9.76%)
- Insomnia (56 people, 8.03%)
- High Blood Pressure (43 people, 6.17%)
- Neuralgia (27 people, 3.87%)
Most common drugs for these people *:
- Cymbalta (118 people, 16.93%)
- Tramadol (60 people, 8.61%)
- Fentanyl (56 people, 8.03%)
- Gabapentin (54 people, 7.75%)
- Ondansetron (53 people, 7.60%)
Top symptoms for these people *:
- Agitation (104 people, 14.92%)
- Confusional State (92 people, 13.20%)
- Tremor (89 people, 12.77%)
- High Blood Pressure (86 people, 12.34%)
- Hyperhidrosis (82 people, 11.76%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Serotonin syndrome and Pain?
- Check symptoms - is your serotonin syndrome caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- Write a Post - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeSerotonin syndrome and Pain from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Pain can be treated by Percocet, Tramadol hydrochloride, Vicodin, Hydrocodone bitartrate and acetaminophen, Ibuprofen (latest reports from 494,245 Pain patients)
Serotonin syndrome (occurs when two drugs that affect the body's level of serotonin are taken together at the same time) has been reported by people with depression, pain, stress and anxiety, major depression, insomnia (latest reports from 10,388 Serotonin syndrome patients).
Browse all symptoms of Paina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Could your drugs cause Serotonin syndromeSerotonin syndrome
Other conditions that could case Serotonin syndromeSerotonin syndrome
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Behnoush B, Memarian A, Teimoory M, "Naltrexone Induced Serotonin Syndrome", International Journal of Medical Toxicology and Forensic Medicine, 2013 Apr .
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
I think I have serotonin syndrome which brought on a multiple sclerosis relapse only the doctor doesn't think so. I was diagnosed with MS Jan 2008 and had a relapse a month or two later. I haven't had one since until now. I eat healthy and exercise (I cycle and swim, nothing to strenuous)and ...
I handle workers' comp claims. I recently took over a claim involving a middle-aged male who relies on self-cath 6+ times daily. He was born spina bifida but has this problem now as a result of back surgery from job-related accident. While there may be no alternative to his self catherization, ...
Hi I am going through a rough time and hoping to get some advice.. I've been on pain meds 12 years by same doctor, after 6 back surgerys My doctor put me on Suboxin because he feels may help with the pain, and the fact I've been on pain meds to long.. well I've been on the Suboxin 2 weeks and ...
You may be interested in these posts
I have used zolpiderm for many years but eventually stopped taking this medicine for an extended period. My sleep problems became significantly worse but a number of serious health issues became significantly better - including severe intermittent back pain in two places where I had suffered ...