Parkinson's disease and Intervertebral disc degeneration
Intervertebral disc degeneration is found among people with Parkinson's disease, especially for people who are male, 60+ old.
The study analyzes which people have Intervertebral disc degeneration with Parkinson's disease. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 17 people who have Parkinson's disease from the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
17 people who have Parkinson'S Disease and Intervertebral Disc Degeneration are studied.
What is Parkinson's disease?
Parkinson's disease is found to be associated with 2,202 drugs and 1,527 conditions by eHealthMe.
What is Intervertebral disc degeneration?
Intervertebral disc degeneration (spinal disc degeneration) is found to be associated with 2,380 drugs and 1,409 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Intervertebral disc degeneration in Parkinson's disease reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Parkinson'S Disease and experienced Intervertebral Disc Degeneration *:
- female: 23.53 %
- male: 76.47 %
Age of people who have Parkinson'S Disease and experienced Intervertebral Disc Degeneration *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 100 %
Common co-existing conditions for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure: 2 people, 11.76%
- Vitamin B Complex Deficiency: 1 person, 5.88%
- Stress And Anxiety: 1 person, 5.88%
- Restless Leg Syndrome (a powerful urge to move your legs): 1 person, 5.88%
- Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells): 1 person, 5.88%
- Major Depression (a mood state that goes well beyond temporarily feeling sad or blue. it is a serious medical illness that affects one's thoughts, feelings): 1 person, 5.88%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 1 person, 5.88%
- Dyskinesia (abnormality or impairment of voluntary movement): 1 person, 5.88%
- Diabetes: 1 person, 5.88%
- Depression: 1 person, 5.88%
Common drugs taken by these people *:
- Vitamin B12: 4 people, 23.53%
- Zometa: 3 people, 17.65%
- Zyrtec: 2 people, 11.76%
- Synthroid: 2 people, 11.76%
- Mirapex: 2 people, 11.76%
- Multivitamin: 2 people, 11.76%
- Omeprazole: 2 people, 11.76%
- Duopa: 2 people, 11.76%
- Prilosec: 2 people, 11.76%
- Requip: 2 people, 11.76%
Common symptoms for these people *:
- Fall: 8 people, 47.06%
- Weight Decreased: 6 people, 35.29%
- General Physical Health Deterioration (weak health status): 6 people, 35.29%
- Balance Disorder: 6 people, 35.29%
- Hallucinations (sensations that appear real but are created by your mind): 5 people, 29.41%
- Paraesthesia (sensation of tingling, tickling, prickling, pricking, or burning of a person's skin with no apparent long-term physical effect): 5 people, 29.41%
- Musculoskeletal Stiffness (stiffness of the body's muscles, joints, tendons, ligaments and nerves): 5 people, 29.41%
- Muscle Rigidity (muscle stiffness): 5 people, 29.41%
- Back Pain: 5 people, 29.41%
- Memory Loss: 5 people, 29.41%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take medications and have Intervertebral disc degeneration?Check whether Intervertebral disc degeneration is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Woulfe JM, Gray MT, Gray DA, Munoz DG, Middeldorp JM, "Hypothesis: a role for EBV-induced molecular mimicry in Parkinson's disease", Parkinsonism & related disorders, 2014 Jul .
Treatments, associated drugs and conditions:
- Parkinson's disease (125,526 reports)
- Intervertebral disc degeneration (18,484 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Intervertebral disc degeneration:
- Intervertebral disc degeneration in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Intervertebral disc degeneration in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Intervertebral disc degeneration in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Intervertebral disc degeneration:
- Fosamax: 3,024 reports
- Zometa: 2,145 reports
- Prednisone: 1,658 reports
- Aspirin: 1,415 reports
- Aredia: 1,331 reports
- Humira: 1,211 reports
- Gabapentin: 1,092 reports
- Vioxx: 1,067 reports
- Celebrex: 976 reports
- Alendronate sodium: 975 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Intervertebral disc degeneration:
- Intervertebral disc degeneration (2,380 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Intervertebral disc degeneration:
- Osteoporosis: 2,563 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 1,474 reports
- Pain: 1,188 reports
- High blood pressure: 964 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 944 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Intervertebral disc degeneration:
- Intervertebral disc degeneration (1,409 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study is based on Intervertebral disc degeneration and Parkinson's disease, and their synonyms.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Hernia and drugs of ingredients of saw palmetto - now
- Lamictal and Immune System Disorder - 7 seconds ago
- Azathioprine and Breast Cancer Metastatic - 15 seconds ago
- Duragesic-50 and Balance Disorder - 18 seconds ago
- Synercid and Infusion Site Oedema - 28 seconds ago
- Quinine Sulfate and Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder - 34 seconds ago
- Buprenorphine Hydrochloride And Naloxone Hydrochloride and Fall - 44 seconds ago
- Acarbose and Abdominal Pain Upper - 47 seconds ago
- Ampyra and Headache - a minute ago
- Nucynta Er and High Blood Pressure - a minute ago