Rheumatoid arthritis and A-fib - from FDA reports
A-fib is found among people with Rheumatoid arthritis, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, take medication Methotrexate and have High blood pressure. This review analyzes which people have A-fib with Rheumatoid arthritis. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 2,578 people who have Rheumatoid arthritis from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jan, 01, 2018
2,578 people who have Rheumatoid Arthritis and A-Fib are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Rheumatoid Arthritis and experience A-Fib *:
- female: 70.61 %
- male: 29.39 %
Age of people who have Rheumatoid Arthritis and experience A-Fib *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.2 %
- 30-39: 1.43 %
- 40-49: 2.18 %
- 50-59: 15.92 %
- 60+: 80.27 %
Top co-existing conditions for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (260 people, 10.09%)
- Preventive Health Care (117 people, 4.54%)
- Osteoporosis (102 people, 3.96%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (101 people, 3.92%)
- Pain (90 people, 3.49%)
Most common drugs for these people *:
- Methotrexate (835 people, 32.39%)
- Humira (648 people, 25.14%)
- Enbrel (521 people, 20.21%)
- Folic Acid (380 people, 14.74%)
- Remicade (377 people, 14.62%)
Top symptoms for these people *:
- Pneumonia (299 people, 11.60%)
- Breathing Difficulty (251 people, 9.74%)
- Cardiac Failure Congestive (250 people, 9.70%)
- High Blood Pressure (222 people, 8.61%)
- Joint Pain (186 people, 7.21%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have A-fib and Rheumatoid arthritis?
- Check symptoms - is your a-fib caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- Write a Post - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeA-fib and Rheumatoid arthritis from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Rheumatoid arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints) can be treated by Methotrexate, Enbrel, Methotrexate sodium, Prednisone, Plaquenil (latest reports from 499,173 Rheumatoid arthritis patients)
A-fib (most common type of arrhythmia) has been reported by people with atrial fibrillation/flutter, high blood pressure, diabetes, multiple myeloma, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 181,338 A-fib patients).
Browse all symptoms of Rheumatoid arthritisa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Could your drugs cause A-fibA-fib
Other conditions that could case A-fibA-fib
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Azuma N, Matsui K, Hashimoto N, Yoshikawa T, Sano H, "Successful Switch to Golimumab for Eosinophilia and Skin Symptoms Related to Multiple Biologics in a Patient with Rheumatoid Arthritis", Internal Medicine, 2017 Jun .
- Saif MW, "Rheumatoid arthritis associated with the use of Sandostatin® LAR® depot in a patient with pancreatic neuroendocrine tumor", An association or a coincidence? The first case report, 2013 Jan .
- Ahmed AB, Radwan AM, Baddary HM, "Prevalence of Generalized Anxiety Disorder in Patients with Rheumatoid Arthritis and its Relationship with Disease Activity", The Egyptian Journal of Hospital Medicine, 2016 Jan .
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
I've had 3 ablasions in 6 years and i can't take a chance of this garcinia if it will react with tikosyn. My blood pressure goes to 200/110 i need to lose weight. Hoping that this garcinia will help. I'm 40 pounds over weight. Thanks
I'm having an MRI for my lower back and am claustrophobic. My doc prescribed me 3 x 1 mg tablets of Lorazepam to be taken one a day starting two days before. That sounds like a recipe for not getting any work done, so I googled and found they recommend one tab 1 to 2 hours before and a second ...
You may be interested in these posts
I have recently (July 2017) been diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis. About 2 months before that (May 2017), I had a DVT/PE. I was put on Xarelto ( 30mg daily for a month then 20mg daily). I have been taking Xarelto since then. Shortly after starting Xarelto, my right wrist started to swell ...
I have had 3 bouts of mastitis and currently on Enbrel & Prednisone for my RA. I emailed my Rheumatologist but won’t hear back until Monday. Should I discontinue the Enbrel until the mastitis is gone for a while. I am going to lose my mind if it comes back a 4th time. It’s worse than the joint ...
I have been on Eliquis about four years for a trial fibrillation. During the past year an itchiness on my chest and random other areas,has gotten progressively more severe. What alternatives do I have to Eliquis?