Rheumatoid arthritis and Diarrhea - from FDA reports
Diarrhea is found among people with Rheumatoid arthritis, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, take medication Enbrel and have High blood pressure. This review analyzes which people have Diarrhea with Rheumatoid arthritis. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 11,120 people who have Rheumatoid arthritis from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Dec, 24, 2017
11,120 people who have Rheumatoid Arthritis and Diarrhea are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Rheumatoid Arthritis and experience Diarrhea *:
- female: 83.6 %
- male: 16.4 %
Age of people who have Rheumatoid Arthritis and experience Diarrhea *:
- 0-1: 0.03 %
- 2-9: 0.09 %
- 10-19: 0.52 %
- 20-29: 2.1 %
- 30-39: 4.74 %
- 40-49: 12.79 %
- 50-59: 29.36 %
- 60+: 50.35 %
Top co-existing conditions for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (727 people, 6.54%)
- Pain (561 people, 5.04%)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (278 people, 2.50%)
- Osteoporosis (277 people, 2.49%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (276 people, 2.48%)
Most common drugs for these people *:
- Enbrel (3,759 people, 33.80%)
- Humira (2,817 people, 25.33%)
- Methotrexate (2,569 people, 23.10%)
- Arava (1,052 people, 9.46%)
- Folic Acid (925 people, 8.32%)
Top symptoms for these people *:
- Nausea And Vomiting (2,568 people, 23.09%)
- Nausea (2,522 people, 22.68%)
- Fatigue (1,429 people, 12.85%)
- Headache (1,356 people, 12.19%)
- Fever (1,276 people, 11.47%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Diarrhea and Rheumatoid arthritis?
- Check symptoms - is your diarrhea caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- Write a Post - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeDiarrhea and Rheumatoid arthritis from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Rheumatoid arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints) can be treated by Methotrexate, Enbrel, Methotrexate sodium, Prednisone, Plaquenil (latest reports from 499,173 Rheumatoid arthritis patients)
Diarrhea has been reported by people with high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, crohn's disease, pain (latest reports from 302,027 Diarrhea patients).
Browse all symptoms of Rheumatoid arthritisa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Could your drugs cause DiarrheaDiarrhea
Other conditions that could case DiarrheaDiarrhea
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Azuma N, Matsui K, Hashimoto N, Yoshikawa T, Sano H, "Successful Switch to Golimumab for Eosinophilia and Skin Symptoms Related to Multiple Biologics in a Patient with Rheumatoid Arthritis", Internal Medicine, 2017 Jun .
- Saif MW, "Rheumatoid arthritis associated with the use of Sandostatin® LAR® depot in a patient with pancreatic neuroendocrine tumor", An association or a coincidence? The first case report, 2013 Jan .
- Ahmed AB, Radwan AM, Baddary HM, "Prevalence of Generalized Anxiety Disorder in Patients with Rheumatoid Arthritis and its Relationship with Disease Activity", The Egyptian Journal of Hospital Medicine, 2016 Jan .
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
Is Gabapentin make you diarhea. I have that symtom . It is so seriously. What medication coould help me to stop it ? Even I take Lomotril It doesn't working . I always made it my pant . I'm so shame . I did talk to my primary doctor. He just gave me Lomotril . I need help ! ...
You may be interested in these posts
I have recently (July 2017) been diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis. About 2 months before that (May 2017), I had a DVT/PE. I was put on Xarelto ( 30mg daily for a month then 20mg daily). I have been taking Xarelto since then. Shortly after starting Xarelto, my right wrist started to swell ...
I have had 3 bouts of mastitis and currently on Enbrel & Prednisone for my RA. I emailed my Rheumatologist but won’t hear back until Monday. Should I discontinue the Enbrel until the mastitis is gone for a while. I am going to lose my mind if it comes back a 4th time. It’s worse than the joint ...
I have been taking Saxenda for 3+ weeks now. Gently increasing in .6 dosages every week. On the last day of the 3 week on 1.8, i started experiencing severe abdominal cramps, burping(That smelled like a bad virus) and bad diarrhea. Thinking I had contracted a 24hr bug, I upped to 2.4. By the 3rd ...