Rheumatoid arthritis and Diarrhea - from FDA reports
Diarrhea is found among people with Rheumatoid arthritis, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, take medication Enbrel and have High blood pressure. This review analyzes which people have Diarrhea with Rheumatoid arthritis. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 10,997 people who have Rheumatoid arthritis from FDA , and is updated regularly.
10,997 people who have Rheumatoid Arthritis and Diarrhea are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Rheumatoid Arthritis and experience Diarrhea *:
- female: 83.7 %
- male: 16.3 %
Age of people who have Rheumatoid Arthritis and experience Diarrhea *:
- 0-1: 0.03 %
- 2-9: 0.09 %
- 10-19: 0.53 %
- 20-29: 2.13 %
- 30-39: 4.78 %
- 40-49: 12.88 %
- 50-59: 29.4 %
- 60+: 50.15 %
Top co-existing conditions for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure: 727 people, 6.61%
- Pain: 561 people, 5.10%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 278 people, 2.53%
- Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break): 277 people, 2.52%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 276 people, 2.51%
Most common drugs for these people *:
- Enbrel: 3,736 people, 33.97%
- Humira: 2,816 people, 25.61%
- Methotrexate: 2,518 people, 22.90%
- Arava: 1,010 people, 9.18%
- Folic Acid: 902 people, 8.20%
Top symptoms for these people *:
- Nausea And Vomiting: 2,568 people, 23.35%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 2,496 people, 22.70%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 1,421 people, 12.92%
- Headache (pain in head): 1,351 people, 12.29%
- Fever: 1,257 people, 11.43%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Experience matters! A new approach to health care:
What's next: manage your medications
- Order discounted lab tests to monitor your medications, no doctor referral required
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Diarrhea
- Connect with people like you, or share your experience to help people like you
- Print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Rheumatoid arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints) can be treated by Methotrexate, Enbrel, Methotrexate sodium, Prednisone, Plaquenil (latest reports from 499,185 Rheumatoid arthritis patients)
Diarrhea has been reported by people with high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, crohn's disease, pain (latest reports from 302,036 Diarrhea patients).
Drugs that are associated with DiarrheaDiarrhea (3,411 drugs)
Other conditions that could cause DiarrheaDiarrhea (4,963 conditions)
Browse all symptoms of Rheumatoid arthritisa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Azuma N, Matsui K, Hashimoto N, Yoshikawa T, Sano H, "Successful Switch to Golimumab for Eosinophilia and Skin Symptoms Related to Multiple Biologics in a Patient with Rheumatoid Arthritis", Internal Medicine, 2017 Jun .
- Saif MW, "Rheumatoid arthritis associated with the use of Sandostatin® LAR® depot in a patient with pancreatic neuroendocrine tumor", An association or a coincidence? The first case report, 2013 Jan .
- Ahmed AB, Radwan AM, Baddary HM, "Prevalence of Generalized Anxiety Disorder in Patients with Rheumatoid Arthritis and its Relationship with Disease Activity", The Egyptian Journal of Hospital Medicine, 2016 Jan .
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who have Rheumatoid Arthritis and Diarrhea
- Support group for people who have Rheumatoid Arthritis (546 members)
- Support group for people who have Diarrhea (651 members)
You may be interested in these posts
- my name is mary. i have r.a, fibromyagia, hypothyroidism, and osteo arthritis and osteo penia. recently had pain the shoulder back and breast. just had and mri showing the fibrotics in this area. one in which broke my collarbone. hello to the group
- I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis. I also take arimidex
- I'm so happy to have found this group!
- I have had severe diahrea since taking levimir. It won't go away. My name is Pat from Nebraska
- Hi my name is gail i was diagnosed with RA october 2016 after a revision from bilateral mastectomy. All the biologics i have been on are causing bad side effects. My first was humeria i didnt have any side effects but it did nothing for the pain. Kevzara was the 2nd and it caused a chrons flare....
- Will you have Vision - Night Blindness with Accutane?
- What to expect when you take Doxycycline Hyclate and have Tooth Extraction?
- Will you have Hypoglycemia with Cefotan?
- Will you have Paranoia with Tacrolimus?
- Will you have Trichomonas Vaginitis with Xarelto?
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who take Accutane and have Vision - Night Blindness?
- Support group for people who take Cefotan and have Hypoglycemia?
- Support group for people who take Tacrolimus and have Paranoia?
- Support group for people who take Xarelto and have Trichomonas Vaginitis?
- Support group for people who take Flomax and have Atrophic Vulvovaginitis?
- Bala Krishnan - Age 53-india - having Gerd_Anxity_rls (Want to Know what Med can be fit for...
- Hi I am the girlfriend of a man with a inguinal hernia the size of a softball. He is a very...
- Charlene Vermeulen - I have extreme muscle stiffness and migraines caused by stiff jaw
- Hi I am three girlfriend off a man with a inguinal hernia the size of a softball. He is a very...
- My daughter is limping around the house. We tried mustard, salt, bananas, heating pad. I may need...
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.