Rheumatoid arthritis and Diarrhea - from FDA reports
Diarrhea is found among people with Rheumatoid arthritis, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, take medication Enbrel and have High blood pressure. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 13,862 people who have Rheumatoid arthritis from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials).
13,862 people who have Rheumatoid Arthritis and Diarrhea are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Rheumatoid Arthritis and experience Diarrhea *:
- female: 84.17 %
- male: 15.83 %
Age of people who have Rheumatoid Arthritis and experience Diarrhea *:
- 0-1: 0.04 %
- 2-9: 0.11 %
- 10-19: 0.54 %
Top co-existing conditions for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure: 841 people, 6.07%
- Pain: 736 people, 5.31%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 332 people, 2.40%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 325 people, 2.34%
- Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break): 316 people, 2.28%
Most common drugs for these people *:
- Enbrel: 4,580 people, 33.04%
- Humira: 3,394 people, 24.48%
- Methotrexate: 2,519 people, 18.17%
- Arava: 1,417 people, 10.22%
- Xeljanz: 1,400 people, 10.10%
Top symptoms for these people *:
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 3,142 people, 22.67%
- Nausea And Vomiting: 3,058 people, 22.06%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 1,876 people, 13.53%
- Headache (pain in head): 1,750 people, 12.62%
- Joint Pain: 1,659 people, 11.97%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you have Diarrhea with Rheumatoid arthritis?
You are not alone:
Rheumatoid arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints) can be treated by Methotrexate, Enbrel, Methotrexate sodium, Prednisone, Plaquenil (latest reports from 603,542 Rheumatoid arthritis patients)
Diarrhea has been reported by people with high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, crohn's disease, multiple myeloma (latest reports from 371,814 Diarrhea patients).
Drugs that are associated with DiarrheaDiarrhea (4,037 drugs)
Other conditions that could cause DiarrheaDiarrhea (4,976 conditions)
Browse all symptoms of Rheumatoid arthritisa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Azuma N, Matsui K, Hashimoto N, Yoshikawa T, Sano H, "Successful Switch to Golimumab for Eosinophilia and Skin Symptoms Related to Multiple Biologics in a Patient with Rheumatoid Arthritis", Internal Medicine, 2017 Jun .
- Saif MW, "Rheumatoid arthritis associated with the use of Sandostatin® LAR® depot in a patient with pancreatic neuroendocrine tumor", An association or a coincidence? The first case report, 2013 Jan .
- Ahmed AB, Radwan AM, Baddary HM, "Prevalence of Generalized Anxiety Disorder in Patients with Rheumatoid Arthritis and its Relationship with Disease Activity", The Egyptian Journal of Hospital Medicine, 2016 Jan .
Recent general studies
- Will you have Urination - Excessive Volume with Augmentin? - now
- Will you have Polyuria with Augmentin? - now
- Will you have Accidental Overdose (Therapeutic Agent) with Clozapine? - a second ago
- Will you have Accidental Overdose with Clozapine? - a second ago
- Will you have Liver Cirrhosis with Levothyroxine Thyroid? - 3 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- Prediction of Diovan, Nexium for a 61 year old man - an hour ago
- A study for a 73 year old woman who takes Flecainide Acetate, Eliquis, Cardizem - an hour ago
- A study for a 52 year old woman who takes Methotrexate, Humira, Meloxicam, Lexapro - 2 hours ago
- Drug comparison of Lamotrigine, Valacyclovir Hydrochloride for a 19 year old girl - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 62 year old woman who takes Xarelto - 2 hours ago
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.