Rheumatoid arthritis and Loss of appetite - from FDA reports
Loss of appetite is found among people with Rheumatoid arthritis, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, take medication Enbrel and have High blood pressure. This review analyzes which people have Loss of appetite with Rheumatoid arthritis. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 3,274 people who have Rheumatoid arthritis from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Dec, 29, 2017
3,274 people who have Rheumatoid Arthritis and Loss Of Appetite are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Rheumatoid Arthritis and experience Loss Of Appetite *:
- female: 80.25 %
- male: 19.75 %
Age of people who have Rheumatoid Arthritis and experience Loss Of Appetite *:
- 0-1: 0.04 %
- 2-9: 0.15 %
- 10-19: 0.74 %
- 20-29: 1.85 %
- 30-39: 4.56 %
- 40-49: 10.86 %
- 50-59: 24.05 %
- 60+: 57.75 %
Top co-existing conditions for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (319 people, 9.74%)
- Pain (245 people, 7.48%)
- Preventive Health Care (127 people, 3.88%)
- Osteoporosis (126 people, 3.85%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (120 people, 3.67%)
Most common drugs for these people *:
- Enbrel (1,153 people, 35.22%)
- Humira (1,025 people, 31.31%)
- Methotrexate (837 people, 25.57%)
- Folic Acid (346 people, 10.57%)
- Arava (250 people, 7.64%)
Top symptoms for these people *:
- Nausea (974 people, 29.75%)
- Weight Decreased (964 people, 29.44%)
- Fatigue (811 people, 24.77%)
- Weakness (615 people, 18.78%)
- Nausea And Vomiting (563 people, 17.20%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Loss of appetite and Rheumatoid arthritis?
- Check symptoms - is your loss of appetite caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- Write a Post - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeLoss of appetite and Rheumatoid arthritis from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Rheumatoid arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints) can be treated by Methotrexate, Enbrel, Methotrexate sodium, Plaquenil, Prednisone (latest reports from 499,173 Rheumatoid arthritis patients)
Loss Of Appetite
Loss of appetite (lack of feeling to eat) has been reported by people with type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, hepatitis c, depression, pain (latest reports from 110,805 Loss of appetite patients).
Browse all symptoms of Rheumatoid arthritisa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Could your drugs cause Loss of appetiteLoss of appetite
Other conditions that could case Loss of appetiteLoss of appetite
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Azuma N, Matsui K, Hashimoto N, Yoshikawa T, Sano H, "Successful Switch to Golimumab for Eosinophilia and Skin Symptoms Related to Multiple Biologics in a Patient with Rheumatoid Arthritis", Internal Medicine, 2017 Jun .
- Saif MW, "Rheumatoid arthritis associated with the use of Sandostatin® LAR® depot in a patient with pancreatic neuroendocrine tumor", An association or a coincidence? The first case report, 2013 Jan .
- Ahmed AB, Radwan AM, Baddary HM, "Prevalence of Generalized Anxiety Disorder in Patients with Rheumatoid Arthritis and its Relationship with Disease Activity", The Egyptian Journal of Hospital Medicine, 2016 Jan .
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
I have Rheumatoid arthritis and recently diagnosed with Hashi's as well. My last two CBC, CMP tests have had elevated ALP (all other liver tests normal). I was 140 and latest was 178. My rheumatologist doesn't seem overly concerned as my SED rate is up as is my C-reactive (it's always ...
Have been on Cimzia 3 months and 2 weeks ago started with leg, butt and upper arm Muscle Pain. Has anyone else had this happen? If so did the pain go away when you stopped Cimzia and how long did it take to subside? Did you try to go back on Cimzia again or move on to another Biologic? I can't ...
Been take atripla for 10 yrs. After moving fom Florida to Texas 7 yrs ago I have had gradual loss of appetite. Now 7 yrs later I'm noticing the problem....what to do, atripla has had me undetectable for ten years don't really want to switch meds, don't know if it's the meds or move?
You may be interested in these posts
I have recently (July 2017) been diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis. About 2 months before that (May 2017), I had a DVT/PE. I was put on Xarelto ( 30mg daily for a month then 20mg daily). I have been taking Xarelto since then. Shortly after starting Xarelto, my right wrist started to swell ...
I have had 3 bouts of mastitis and currently on Enbrel & Prednisone for my RA. I emailed my Rheumatologist but won’t hear back until Monday. Should I discontinue the Enbrel until the mastitis is gone for a while. I am going to lose my mind if it comes back a 4th time. It’s worse than the joint ...
I have been on Remeron 15 mg for 2monthes and other than sleep, there have been no improvements for anxiety or depression. The Dr increased to 30mg and I feel spacey and lack of appetite. I am female over 65. Shouldn’t I have greater appetite?
I am Teresa Ellis, 60 year old that is waiting for my first delivery of Tegretol 200 mg 2 times a day. My doctor opted to start this medication as I am having issues with feelings and situations that leave me very empty and sad. Plus I have been in pain since June of 2017 and the only relief I ...