Sarcoidosis and Sepsis - from FDA reports
Sepsis is found among people with Sarcoidosis, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, take medication Amoxicillin and have High blood pressure. This review analyzes which people have Sepsis with Sarcoidosis. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 42 people who have Sarcoidosis from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 24, 2017
42 people who have Sarcoidosis and Sepsis are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Sarcoidosis and experience Sepsis *:
- female: 80 %
- male: 20 %
Age of people who have Sarcoidosis and experience Sepsis *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 6.67 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 3.33 %
- 40-49: 36.67 %
- 50-59: 13.33 %
- 60+: 40.0 %
Top co-existing conditions for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (11 people, 26.19%)
- Pulmonary Hypertension (8 people, 19.05%)
- Multiple Myeloma (7 people, 16.67%)
- Anaemia (7 people, 16.67%)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (6 people, 14.29%)
Most common drugs for these people *:
- Amoxicillin (11 people, 26.19%)
- Prednisone (9 people, 21.43%)
- Imuran (8 people, 19.05%)
- Diflucan (8 people, 19.05%)
- Aredia (7 people, 16.67%)
Top symptoms for these people *:
- Pneumonia (19 people, 45.24%)
- Renal Disorder (13 people, 30.95%)
- Osteomyelitis (12 people, 28.57%)
- Fever (12 people, 28.57%)
- Cardiac Failure Congestive (12 people, 28.57%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Sepsis and Sarcoidosis?
- Check symptoms - is your sepsis caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeSepsis and Sarcoidosis from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Sarcoidosis (an inflammatory disease that affects multiple organs in the body, but mostly the lungs and lymph glands) can be treated by Prednisone, Prednisolone, Methotrexate, Methotrexate sodium, Plaquenil (latest reports from 5,368 Sarcoidosis patients)
Sepsis (a severe blood infection that can lead to organ failure and death) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, multiple myeloma, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, preventive health care (latest reports from 69,594 Sepsis patients).
Browse all symptoms of Sarcoidosisa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Could your drugs cause SepsisSepsis
Other conditions that could case SepsisSepsis
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
My wife developed a condition known as Granulomatosis Polyagiitis. Our doctor says this is generally triggered by an infection. She had been hospitalized for food poisoning about 3 weeks before the GPA symptoms began to appear. She also had Sepsis during her stay. We are wondering if the ...
Hi guys.. my dad died from heart failure but primary cause if heart failing was from sepsis.... He had lateral T wave inversion & atrial fibrillation. How is sepsis connected and cause T wave invertion? ?? Thanks
I developed sepsis in a pinned hip after taking benlysta only twice. Once my hip is healed up, my rheumatologist would like to restart me on benlysta. What have been people's experiences with restarting benlysta after having sepsis? Did your doctor do anything different, such as weekly blood ...
You may be interested in these reviews
Hi! I am female, born 1956 in UK, live in Canada. I just had left and right hip replacements due to ankylosing spondylitis. I just got diagnosed with neurosarcoidosis. Anybody in a similar situation? Any suggestions, advice?
I am a 52 year old woman who has had vitiligo since the age of seven. Five years ago, diagnosed with Sarcoidosis. Now don't have a great quality of life but off steroids and methotrexate. Doctors not interested in possible connection.
Hi , have probably had sarcoidosis since 1986 , when I began to have a rash on my neck , doctors prescribed every cream imaginable , nothing worked , 1992 after the birth of my son , was really ill , couldn't breath , lumps all over my legs , was diagnosed with sarcoidosis, it stayed with me ...