Schizophrenia and Dementia - from FDA reports
Dementia is found among people with Schizophrenia, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, take medication Clozaril and have Depression. This review analyzes which people have Dementia with Schizophrenia. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 161 people who have Schizophrenia from FDA , and is updated regularly.
161 people who have Schizophrenia and Dementia are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Schizophrenia and experience Dementia *:
- female: 47.44 %
- male: 52.56 %
Age of people who have Schizophrenia and experience Dementia *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 1.67 %
- 20-29: 1.67 %
- 30-39: 3.33 %
- 40-49: 8.33 %
- 50-59: 15.83 %
- 60+: 69.17 %
Top co-existing conditions for these people *:
- Depression: 19 people, 11.80%
- Stress And Anxiety: 15 people, 9.32%
- Psychotic Disorder: 12 people, 7.45%
- Bipolar I Disorder (mood disorder that is characterized by at least one manic or mixed episode): 10 people, 6.21%
- Bipolar Disorder (mood disorder): 10 people, 6.21%
Most common drugs for these people *:
- Clozaril: 65 people, 40.37%
- Seroquel: 24 people, 14.91%
- Clozapine: 22 people, 13.66%
- Risperdal: 22 people, 13.66%
- Zyprexa: 16 people, 9.94%
Top symptoms for these people *:
- Fall: 22 people, 13.66%
- Confusional State: 21 people, 13.04%
- Parkinson's Disease: 18 people, 11.18%
- Memory Loss: 17 people, 10.56%
- Urinary Tract Infection: 17 people, 10.56%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
You could also:
- Volunteer or get paid with your care experience as a Care Guide
- Print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
- Order discounted lab tests to monitor your medications, no doctor referral required
Schizophrenia (a mental disorder characterized by a breakdown of thought processes) can be treated by Clozapine, Seroquel, Abilify, Risperdal, Zyprexa (latest reports from 64,758 Schizophrenia patients)
Dementia (madness) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, depression, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 20,159 Dementia patients).
Drugs that are associated with DementiaDementia (1,332 drugs)
Other conditions that could cause DementiaDementia (1,230 conditions)
Browse all symptoms of Schizophreniaa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who have Schizophrenia and Dementia
- Support group for people who have Schizophrenia (62 members)
- Support group for people who have Dementia (160 members)
You may be interested in these posts
- My wife is bipolar and is now experiencing sign of dementia....the MRI is tomorrow...the results unknown now....Some one in fifty words or less tell me what are we looking at in the near future (year) and five years and ten year....I know everyone is different. My name is tony and I'm 73. my...
- My husband took Ativan for 6 to 8 years, 3 mg at the last. He went off of it a few users ago and immediately started developing signs of dementia. He is in a VA dementia care home now. I blame the Ativan.
- I take mirtazpine med. Can it cause schizoaffective?
- I NEED HELP, mother of Schizophrenic son with 10years diagnosed, used to be dual diagnose with drug use now, last year had a relapse on schizophrenia and drug and has developed exhibitionism. I am lost, and desperate. currently on a dual diagnose treatment since June and they are trying to...
- I have bipolar and just been diagnosed with lbd and want to connect with other for help.
- Will you have Gbs with Nplate?
- What to expect when you take Alcohol and have Abdominal Pain?
- Will you have Temporal Memory Loss with Chd?
- Will you have Sudden Memory Loss with Chd?
- Will you have Sudden Forgetfulness with Chd?
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who take Nplate and have Gbs?
- Support group for people who have Chd and Temporal Memory Loss?
- Support group for people who have Chd and Sudden Memory Loss?
- Support group for people who have Chd and Sudden Forgetfulness?
- Support group for people who have Chd and Short-Term Memory Loss?
- Hi. I am a kidney doc with patients who sound like you. I have had some success in getting one...
- Hi, I’m newly diagnosed as well. I ended up getting pericarditis and have been talking mitigate and...
- Hello is there anyone out there that take these two medications?
- Hi, Any problems taking grapefruit seed extract and lisinopril?
- Hi, Judith here! Any problems taking grapefruit seed extract and lisinopril?
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.