Schizophrenia and Dementia - from FDA reports
Dementia is found among people with Schizophrenia, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, take medication Clozaril and have Depression. This review analyzes which people have Dementia with Schizophrenia. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 161 people who have Schizophrenia from FDA , and is updated regularly.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our original studies have been referenced on 400+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including: The Lancet, and Mayo Clinic Proceedings.
161 people who have Schizophrenia and Dementia are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Schizophrenia and experience Dementia *:
- female: 47.44 %
- male: 52.56 %
Age of people who have Schizophrenia and experience Dementia *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 1.67 %
- 20-29: 1.67 %
- 30-39: 3.33 %
- 40-49: 8.33 %
- 50-59: 15.83 %
- 60+: 69.17 %
Top co-existing conditions for these people *:
- Depression: 19 people, 11.80%
- Stress And Anxiety: 15 people, 9.32%
- Psychotic Disorder: 12 people, 7.45%
- Bipolar I Disorder (mood disorder that is characterized by at least one manic or mixed episode): 10 people, 6.21%
- Bipolar Disorder (mood disorder): 10 people, 6.21%
Most common drugs for these people *:
- Clozaril: 65 people, 40.37%
- Seroquel: 24 people, 14.91%
- Risperdal: 22 people, 13.66%
- Clozapine: 22 people, 13.66%
- Aspirin: 16 people, 9.94%
Top symptoms for these people *:
- Fall: 22 people, 13.66%
- Confusional State: 21 people, 13.04%
- Parkinson's Disease: 18 people, 11.18%
- Urinary Tract Infection: 17 people, 10.56%
- Memory Loss: 17 people, 10.56%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Dementia with Schizophrenia?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Dementia
- Predict new side effects and undetected conditions
- Connect with people like you, or share your experience to help people like you
We suggest these affordable tests for self monitoring. You can order them and receive results on eHealthMe. No doctor referral or insurance necessary.
- Cbc (includes differential and platelets) ($32.00) Add to cart
- Glucose, serum ($35.00) Add to cart
- Urinalysis, complete with microscopic examination ($39.00) Add to cart
Schizophrenia (a mental disorder characterized by a breakdown of thought processes) can be treated by Clozapine, Seroquel, Abilify, Risperdal, Zyprexa (latest reports from 64,758 Schizophrenia patients)
Dementia (madness) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, depression, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 20,158 Dementia patients).
Drugs that are associated with DementiaDementia (1,715 drugs)
Other conditions that could cause DementiaDementia (1,230 conditions)
Browse all symptoms of Schizophreniaa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeDementia and Schizophrenia from FDA and eHealthMe reports (161 reports)
Analysis tools (to study 684 million drug outcomes from FDA)
- Check symptoms - identify the cause of a symptom: from a drug or from a condition?
- Check drugs - find out common side effects or drug interactions of my drugs.
- Compare drugs - compare the side effects and efficacy of multiple drugs side by side.
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who have Schizophrenia and Dementia
- Support group for people who have Schizophrenia (58 members)
- Support group for people who have Dementia (145 members)
Can you answer these questions
- Unfortunately I have a dad that have had been diagnozed by Lewy Body dementia. Any recommendations? Regards, Henrik
- Please I need info. desperately. I have been diagnosed with schizophrenia is since 2010. I have been on and off on olanzapine. I don't know why Im experiencing difficulty breathing. I'm 34 and doctor said its uncommon for someone my age to have such complaints. I'm scared please I need useful...
- My husband is in the early stages of what is probably Lewy Body Dementia (he has had REM sleep disorder for several years and is starting to show Parkinsonian type muscle tremors, trouble swallowing, etc.). There are interesting studies out there about the potential mitigative impacts of...
- My head & face are itchy & I can't sleep! Why?
- I’m a 45 year old male and I take Gabapentin @ 600 mg x 3 times a day for nerve damage caused by spine injury. Am I at risk of getting dementia ?
You may be interested in these posts
- Yes my husband was diagnosed with schizophrenia and has loud conversations in his sleep is that part of his illness and should i be concerned?
- Wondering if the dementia symptoms continue after you stop taking it. My mom hasn't taken this for years, but has dementia now, and there is no history of this in our family. Just trying to see if this is related. If so, is there a detox to help?
- wonder how to cope with this problem
- My father has Stage 4 dementia but has this cough that will not go away and is aggravating him. We’ve been to doctor lungs are clear and he’s not sick with a cold. He’s 89 years old and my husband and I live with him. He’s doing fine with all natural products but need some advise. I feel bad...
- I take mirtazpine med. Can it cause schizoaffective?
- Will you have Diarrhea with Inflammation - Rectum?
- Leukine and Meropenem drug interaction
- Will you have Blood Prolactin Increased with Appetite Decreased?
- Hydromorphone Hydrochloride and Cacliadoce drug interaction
- Isoniazid and Clozaril drug interaction
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who have Inflammation - Rectum and Diarrhea?
- Support group for people who take Leukine and Meropenem
- Support group for people who have Appetite Decreased and Blood Prolactin Increased?
- Support group for people who take Hydromorphone Hydrochloride and Cacliadoce
- Support group for people who take Isoniazid and Clozaril
- What to expect when you have Inflammation - Rectum and Diarrhea?
- What to expect when you take Leukine and Meropenem
- What to expect when you have Appetite Decreased and Blood Prolactin Increased?
- What to expect when you take Hydromorphone Hydrochloride and Cacliadoce
- What to expect when you take Isoniazid and Clozaril
- A study for a 55 year old woman who takes Januvia, Atorvastatin Calcium, Glipizide, Fenofibrate, Atenolol, Norvasc, Metformin
- A study for a 69 year old woman who takes Farxiga, Tresiba
- A study for a 72 year old woman who takes Meloxicam, Lyrica
- A study for a 51 year old woman who takes Pepcid, Otezla, Hydroxyzine, Lamictal, Lexapro
- A study for a 57 year old woman who takes Colace
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.