Takayasu's arteritis and Ulcerative colitis
Ulcerative colitis is found among people with Takayasu's arteritis, especially for people who are female, 20-29 old.
The study analyzes which people have Ulcerative colitis with Takayasu's arteritis. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 6 people who have Takayasu's arteritis from the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
6 people who have Takayasu'S Arteritis and Ulcerative Colitis are studied.
What is Takayasu's arteritis?
Takayasu's arteritis (an inflammation of the aorta -- the artery that carries blood from the heart to the rest of the body) is found to be associated with 290 drugs and 235 conditions by eHealthMe.
What is Ulcerative colitis?
Ulcerative colitis (inflammatory bowel disease (ibd). it causes swelling, ulcerations, and loss of function of the large intestine) is found to be associated with 2,400 drugs and 1,841 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Ulcerative colitis in Takayasu's arteritis reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Takayasu'S Arteritis and experienced Ulcerative Colitis *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Takayasu'S Arteritis and experienced Ulcerative Colitis *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 33.33 %
- 20-29: 50.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 16.67 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Common co-existing conditions for these people *:
- Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break): 2 people, 33.33%
Common drugs taken by these people *:
- Actemra: 4 people, 66.67%
- Pentasa: 3 people, 50.00%
- Prograf: 2 people, 33.33%
- Lexapro: 2 people, 33.33%
- Calcium Lactate: 2 people, 33.33%
- Actonel: 2 people, 33.33%
- Prednisolone: 1 person, 16.67%
- Cellcept: 1 person, 16.67%
- Asacol: 1 person, 16.67%
Common symptoms for these people *:
- Renal Impairment (severely reduced kidney function): 2 people, 33.33%
- Nasopharyngitis (inflammation of the nasopharynx): 2 people, 33.33%
- Iron Deficiency Anaemia: 2 people, 33.33%
- Drug Eruption (adverse drug reaction of the skin): 2 people, 33.33%
- Urticaria (rash of round, red welts on the skin that itch intensely): 1 person, 16.67%
- Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: 1 person, 16.67%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 1 person, 16.67%
- Diarrhea: 1 person, 16.67%
- C-Reactive Protein Increased: 1 person, 16.67%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take medications and have Ulcerative colitis?Check whether Ulcerative colitis is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Treatments, associated drugs and conditions:
COVID vaccines that are related to Ulcerative colitis:
- Ulcerative colitis in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Ulcerative colitis in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Ulcerative colitis in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Ulcerative colitis:
- Accutane: 9,187 reports
- Prednisone: 6,289 reports
- Humira: 5,546 reports
- Remicade: 3,400 reports
- Methotrexate: 1,585 reports
- Mesalamine: 1,567 reports
- Entyvio: 1,538 reports
- Asacol: 1,455 reports
- Azathioprine: 1,183 reports
- Pentasa: 1,125 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Ulcerative colitis:
- Ulcerative colitis (2,400 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Ulcerative colitis:
- Acne: 5,987 reports
- Crohn's disease: 1,226 reports
- High blood pressure: 1,123 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 1,029 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 681 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Ulcerative colitis:
- Ulcerative colitis (1,841 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study is based on Ulcerative colitis and Takayasu's arteritis, and their synonyms.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Spiriva and Hydramine drug interaction - 4 seconds ago
- Spiriva and Niaspan drug interaction - 11 seconds ago
- Spiriva and Lomotil drug interaction - 12 seconds ago
- Eplerenone and Piperacillin drug interaction - 15 seconds ago
- Metolazone and Spiriva drug interaction - 15 seconds ago
- Allegra Allergy and Hydrochlorothiazide drug interaction - 19 seconds ago
- Urso 250 and Levofloxacin drug interaction - 21 seconds ago
- Clindamycin Phosphate and Diabetes - 21 seconds ago
- Hydrocortisone and Polymyxin B Sulfate drug interaction - 22 seconds ago
- Quinine and Spiriva drug interaction - 25 seconds ago