Will you have Hyperglycemia with Type 2 diabetes - from FDA reports
Hyperglycemia is found among people with Type 2 diabetes, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, take medication Lantus and have High blood pressure. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 2,651 people who have Type 2 diabetes from FDA, and is updated regularly.
eHealthMe is a health data analysis company based in Mountain View, California. eHealthMe monitors and analyzes the outcomes of drugs and supplements that are currently on the market. The results are readily available to health care professionals and consumers.
eHealthMe has released original studies on market drugs and worked with leading universities and institutions such as IBM, London Health Science Centre, Mayo Clinic, Northwestern University and VA. eHealthMe studies have now been referenced in over 500 peer-reviewed medical publications.
How we gather our data?
Healthcare data is obtained from a number of sources including the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). This information is aggregated and used to produce personalized reports that patients can reference.
The information that eHealthMe collects includes:
- Side effects (including severity and how people recover from them)
- Associated conditions or symptoms
- Drug effectiveness
- Demographic data regarding drug use
How the study uses the data?
The study is based on Hyperglycemia and Type 2 diabetes, and their synonyms.
What is Type 2 diabetes?
Type 2 diabetes can be treated by Actoplus met, Actos, Amaryl, Aspirin, Avandamet (latest reports from 242,391 Type 2 diabetes patients)
What is Hyperglycemia?
Hyperglycemia (high blood sugar) has been reported by people with type 2 diabetes, diabetes, high blood pressure, depression, multiple myeloma (latest reports from 30,375 Hyperglycemia patients).
How to use the study?
Patients can bring a copy of the report to their healthcare provider to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood. It is recommended that patients use the information presented as a part of a broader decision-making process.
2,651 people who have Type 2 Diabetes and Hyperglycemia are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Type 2 Diabetes and experience Hyperglycemia *:
- female: 56.39 %
- male: 43.61 %
Age of people who have Type 2 Diabetes and experience Hyperglycemia *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.14 %
- 20-29: 0.9 %
- 30-39: 3.61 %
- 40-49: 9.39 %
- 50-59: 22.66 %
- 60+: 63.3 %
Top co-existing conditions for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure: 403 people, 15.20%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 142 people, 5.36%
- Diabetes: 104 people, 3.92%
- Preventive Health Care: 67 people, 2.53%
- Depression: 65 people, 2.45%
- Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development): 51 people, 1.92%
- Dyslipidaemia (abnormal amount of lipids): 45 people, 1.70%
- Stress And Anxiety: 40 people, 1.51%
- Anticoagulant Therapy: 39 people, 1.47%
- Cardiac Disorder: 39 people, 1.47%
Most common drugs for these people *:
- Lantus: 834 people, 31.46%
- Metformin: 444 people, 16.75%
- Lantus Solostar: 231 people, 8.71%
- Humalog: 215 people, 8.11%
- Byetta: 178 people, 6.71%
- Aspirin: 153 people, 5.77%
- Januvia: 145 people, 5.47%
- Amaryl: 142 people, 5.36%
- Novorapid: 121 people, 4.56%
- Novolog: 101 people, 3.81%
Top symptoms for these people *:
- Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar): 364 people, 13.73%
- Drug Ineffective: 199 people, 7.51%
- High Blood Pressure: 171 people, 6.45%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 167 people, 6.30%
- Blood Glucose Increased: 165 people, 6.22%
- Dizziness: 157 people, 5.92%
- Weight Decreased: 146 people, 5.51%
- Nausea And Vomiting: 128 people, 4.83%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 127 people, 4.79%
- Malaise (a feeling of general discomfort or uneasiness): 127 people, 4.79%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you have Hyperglycemia with Type 2 diabetes?
You are not alone:
- Connect with people like you who have Hyperglycemia and Type 2 diabetes
- Use your healthcare experience to help people like you, and be rewarded
Results from eHealthMe (non-FDA) reports of Hyperglycemia with Type 2 diabetes
Severity of Hyperglycemia *:
- least: 5.26 %
- moderate: 50.88 %
- severe: 38.6 %
- most severe: 5.26 %
Race of the people *:
- African American, Non-Hispanic: 1.96 %
- American Indian/Alaska Native: 1.96 %
- Asian: 1.96 %
- Hispanic: 5.88 %
- Native Hawaiians/Pacific Islanders: 0.0 %
- Two or more races: 1.96 %
- White, Non-Hispanic: 86.27 %
* Approximation only.
Drugs that are associated with HyperglycemiaHyperglycemia (2,312 drugs)
Other conditions that could cause HyperglycemiaHyperglycemia (1,938 conditions)
Browse all symptoms of Type 2 diabetesa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Recent general studies
- Will you have Skin Hyperpigmentation with Calcijex? - now
- Will you have Thyroid Lump with Black Seed? - now
- Will you have Hypoinsulinaemia with Yasmin? - a second ago
- Will you have Breast Cancer with Lotrel? - a second ago
- Will you have Carcinoma - Ductal with Lotrel? - a second ago
- Will you have Cancer - Breast with Lotrel? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Lacrimal Cyst with Perindopril Erbumine? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Carcinoma - Lobular with Lotrel? - 2 seconds ago
- Men aged 60+ who have Tremors with Tea - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Hypercalcaemia with Synthroid? - 3 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 66 year old woman who takes Naltrexone Hydrochloride, Adderall 10, Trazodone Hydrochloride - an hour ago
- A study for a 51 year old man who takes Carbidopa - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 80 year old man who takes Lasix, Temazepam - 3 hours ago
- A study for a 60 year old woman who takes Prempro/premphase, Armour Thyroid, Adderall 30, Xanax - 6 hours ago
- A study for a 64 year old man who takes Pravastatin Sodium, Fenofibrate, Lisinopril - 6 hours ago
- A study for a 63 year old man who takes Diclofenac Sodium - 7 hours ago
- A study for a 62 year old woman who takes Aeroseb-dex, Parafon Forte Dsc - 7 hours ago
- Prediction of Mirtazapine, Ramipril, Creatine for a 43 year old man - 9 hours ago
- Prediction of Ramipril, Mirtazapine for a 43 year old man - 9 hours ago
- A study for a 88 year old man who takes Dutasteride - 9 hours ago
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.