Type 2 diabetes and Weight loss - unintentional - from FDA reports
Weight loss - unintentional is found among people with Type 2 diabetes, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, take medication Byetta and have High blood pressure. This review analyzes which people have Weight loss - unintentional with Type 2 diabetes. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 14,798 people who have Type 2 diabetes from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 01, 2017
14,798 people who have Type 2 Diabetes and Weight Loss - Unintentional are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Type 2 Diabetes and experience Weight Loss - Unintentional *:
- female: 61.9 %
- male: 38.1 %
Age of people who have Type 2 Diabetes and experience Weight Loss - Unintentional *:
- 0-1: 0.02 %
- 2-9: 0.02 %
- 10-19: 0.04 %
- 20-29: 0.3 %
- 30-39: 2.4 %
- 40-49: 9.88 %
- 50-59: 30.54 %
- 60+: 56.79 %
Top co-existing conditions for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (818 people, 5.53%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (704 people, 4.76%)
- Diabetes (472 people, 3.19%)
- Depression (212 people, 1.43%)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (185 people, 1.25%)
Most common drugs for these people *:
- Byetta (9,983 people, 67.46%)
- Metformin (2,039 people, 13.78%)
- Lantus (1,827 people, 12.35%)
- Glucophage (1,622 people, 10.96%)
- Actos (1,435 people, 9.70%)
Top symptoms for these people *:
- Nausea (4,891 people, 33.05%)
- Appetite - Decreased (3,957 people, 26.74%)
- Blood Glucose Increased (3,801 people, 25.69%)
- Blood Glucose Decreased (2,051 people, 13.86%)
- Nausea And Vomiting (1,748 people, 11.81%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Weight loss - unintentional and Type 2 diabetes?
- Check symptoms - is your weight loss - unintentional caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeWeight loss - unintentional and Type 2 diabetes from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes can be treated by Metformin hydrochloride, Metformin, Januvia, Glipizide, Victoza (latest reports from 198,988 Type 2 diabetes patients)
Weight Loss - Unintentional
Weight loss - unintentional has been reported by people with type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, pain (latest reports from 163,343 Weight loss - unintentional patients).
Browse all symptoms of Type 2 diabetesa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Could your drugs cause Weight loss - unintentionalWeight loss - unintentional
Other conditions that could case Weight loss - unintentionalWeight loss - unintentional
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
Hi. My father has Type 2 diabetes for the past 15 years. For the past few years, there has been a start and increase in belching episodes. The belching has become a common thing for the past 2 years and he just can't seem to get rid of it. His medication has been changed over the course of ...
i have been on farxiga5 for 6 months now and have noticed my hair has thinned quite a bit.................i read the info on hair loss and will it stop after 6 mos of being on it.......does it regrow..........thank you.............
I want to start taking tumeric for my extreme joint pain, but I'm worried I might experience a dangerous drop in blood sugar since I also take metformin. Metformin has worked well for me, keeping my a1c at about 5.8. My joint pain is pretty bad and has been extremely painful lately. Does anyone ...
The list of conditions and medications is not complete. I feel my immune system is very compromised and want some ideas on how to increase my immunity. I exercise on a regular basis, walk nearly every day, am trying to eat better, take vitamins etc, don't smoke or drink, go to doc and take their ...
You may be interested in these reviews
Hello everyone 😷! New Mexico Norm here . Found this site while on one of my internet explorations. Often thought I needed a way to vent, ask questions (other than a physician) and feel as though there may be a way to get some comfort from others experiences and maybe vice versa. We'll ...
New to the group. Type 2 diagnosis 6 months ago. I am experiencing severe inner breast pain and skin sensitivity, strong constipation and some itching mostly on my back . Recently switched to Metformin Osmotic 1000 ER twice a morning from 500 ER twice a day, glimepiride 2 mg once daily, and ...