Urticaria and Anaphylaxis - from FDA reports
Anaphylaxis is found among people with Urticaria, especially for people who are female, 30-39 old, take medication Xolair and have Asthma. This review analyzes which people have Anaphylaxis with Urticaria. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 151 people who have Urticaria from FDA , and is updated regularly.
151 people who have Urticaria and Anaphylaxis are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Urticaria and experience Anaphylaxis *:
- female: 78.87 %
- male: 21.13 %
Age of people who have Urticaria and experience Anaphylaxis *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 7.02 %
- 10-19: 8.77 %
- 20-29: 12.28 %
- 30-39: 21.93 %
- 40-49: 15.79 %
- 50-59: 14.04 %
- 60+: 20.18 %
Top co-existing conditions for these people *:
- Asthma: 25 people, 16.56%
- Preventive Health Care: 13 people, 8.61%
- Hypersensitivity: 10 people, 6.62%
- Itching: 6 people, 3.97%
- Depression: 5 people, 3.31%
Most common drugs for these people *:
- Xolair: 59 people, 39.07%
- Zyrtec: 33 people, 21.85%
- Allegra: 21 people, 13.91%
- Benadryl: 18 people, 11.92%
- Epipen: 18 people, 11.92%
Top symptoms for these people *:
- Breathing Difficulty: 19 people, 12.58%
- Rashes (redness): 15 people, 9.93%
- Itching: 14 people, 9.27%
- Loss Of Consciousness: 11 people, 7.28%
- Hypersensitivity: 9 people, 5.96%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you have Anaphylaxis with Urticaria?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Anaphylaxis
- Get paid with your care experience as a Care Guide
- Connect with people like you, or share your experience to help people like you
- Print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Urticaria (rash of round, red welts on the skin that itch intensely) can be treated by Zyrtec, Cetirizine hydrochloride, Fexofenadine hydrochloride, Allegra, Hydroxyzine (latest reports from 75,586 Urticaria patients)
Anaphylaxis (serious allergic reaction that is rapid in onset and may cause death) has been reported by people with asthma, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, preventive health care (latest reports from 44,957 Anaphylaxis patients).
Drugs that are associated with AnaphylaxisAnaphylaxis (2,320 drugs)
Other conditions that could cause AnaphylaxisAnaphylaxis (1,949 conditions)
Browse all symptoms of Urticariaa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Azkur D, Yoldas T, Toyran M, Kocabas CN, "A pediatric case of anaphylaxis due to octreotide", Asian Pacific journal of allergy and immunology, 2011 Dec .
- Anđelić N, Erdeljan S, Popović R, Božić T, "Anaphylaxis on graft reperfusion during orthotopic liver transplantation: A case study", Srpski arhiv za celokupno lekarstvo, 2012 Jan .
- Semira ZA, Zulfkar Q, Sameem F, "Livedo reticularis associated with dapsone therapy in a patient with chronic urticaria", Indian journal of pharmacology, 2014 Jan .
- Sharma SP, Muggia F, "Supraventricular tachycardia and urticaria complicating leuprolide-induced ovarian suppression in a young woman with breast cancer: a case report", ecancermedicalscience, 2015 Jan .
- Thangakunam B, Christopher DJ, Mathews V, Srivastava A, "Mesenchymal stromal stem cell therapy in advanced interstitial lung disease-Anaphylaxis and short-term follow-up", Lung India: official organ of Indian Chest Society, 2015 Jan .
- Musri FY, Mutlu H, Kıvrak Salim D, Karakurt Eryılmaz M, Ünal B, Tural D, Şenol Coşkun H, "Sorafenib-induced severe urticaria in a patient with hepatocellular cancer", Journal of Oncology Pharmacy Practice, 2016 Jan .
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who have Urticaria and Anaphylaxis
- Support group for people who have Urticaria (75 members)
- Support group for people who have Anaphylaxis (76 members)
You may be interested in these posts
- Took Accutane for about 4 months before stopping due to being sick and needing to take medicine. Developed Cold Urticaria(cold hives), an allergy to cold exposure, sometime after going off Accutane. Resulted in about all but one side effect which was pretty bad until I figured it out. I had...
- Really bad hives after taking metronidazole. Started near the end of my course
- I just found out that my hives were likely due to Celexa. I had been this med for 6 months ehen they started and never considered it as an issue, so I have spent 3 months trying to find the culprit. I have been on steroids as it was the only thing that stopped them. I am worried as I am due to...
- I have had 3 incidents of anaphylaxis within 1 year, , the worst case was 1-2 hours a violent stomach virus with vomiting and diarrhea.
- I had to stop copaxone after having five anaphylactic shock hat put me in the ER around ten years ago. Since then I went on Tysabri which gave me the first sign of PML so I stopped it. I went on to Tecfedera and then Ocrevus which both dropped my lyphocyte count. I have had MS for 32 years and I...
- Will you have Haematocoele with Decadron?
- Will you have Nocturia with Atenolol?
- Will you have Facial Neuralgia with Gerd?
- Will you have Paraesthesia with Edarbi?
- Will you have Joint Pain with Choletec?
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who take Decadron and have Haematocoele?
- Support group for people who take Atenolol and have Nocturia?
- Support group for people who have Gerd and Facial Neuralgia?
- Support group for people who take Edarbi and have Paraesthesia?
- Support group for people who take Choletec and have Joint Pain?
- What to expect when you take Decadron and have Haematocoele?
- What to expect when you take Atenolol and have Nocturia?
- What to expect when you have Gerd and Facial Neuralgia?
- What to expect when you take Edarbi and have Paraesthesia?
- What to expect when you take Choletec and have Joint Pain?
- A study for a 33 year old woman who takes Tysabri
- A study for a 43 year old woman who takes Entyvio
- A study for a 63 year old man who takes Losartan, Lovastatin, Januvia, Metformin, Glimepiride
- A study for a 33 year old woman who takes Gabapentin
- A study for a 65 year old man who takes Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Omeprazole And Clarithromycin And Amoxicillin, Cymbalta, Morphine, Tricor
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.