Uti and Water retention - from FDA reports
Water retention is found among people with Uti, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, take medication Levaquin and have Blood phosphorus increased. This review analyzes which people have Water retention with Uti. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 44 people who have Uti from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 25, 2017
44 people who have Uti and Water Retention are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Uti and experience Water Retention *:
- female: 83.33 %
- male: 16.67 %
Age of people who have Uti and experience Water Retention *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 11.11 %
- 30-39: 2.78 %
- 40-49: 2.78 %
- 50-59: 16.67 %
- 60+: 66.67 %
Top co-existing conditions for these people *:
- Gout (4 people, 9.09%)
- Blood Phosphorus Increased (4 people, 9.09%)
- Quit Smoking (3 people, 6.82%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (3 people, 6.82%)
- Depression (3 people, 6.82%)
Most common drugs for these people *:
- Levaquin (9 people, 20.45%)
- Lasix (7 people, 15.91%)
- Cephalexin (7 people, 15.91%)
- Aspirin (6 people, 13.64%)
- Cipro (5 people, 11.36%)
Top symptoms for these people *:
- Joint Pain (12 people, 27.27%)
- Weight Increased (10 people, 22.73%)
- Swelling Face (8 people, 18.18%)
- Pleural Effusion (7 people, 15.91%)
- Itching (6 people, 13.64%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Water retention and Uti?
- Check symptoms - is your water retention caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeWater retention and Uti from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Uti (urinary tract infection) can be treated by Macrobid, Ciprofloxacin hydrochloride, Bactrim, Ciprofloxacin, Bactrim ds (latest reports from 123,845 Uti patients)
Water retention has been reported by people with primary pulmonary hypertension, pulmonary hypertension, high blood pressure, diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 39,871 Water retention patients).
Browse all symptoms of Utia b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Could your drugs cause Water retentionWater retention
Other conditions that could case Water retentionWater retention
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
I have been on Divigel 0.5 mg daily for the past ten years and have no problems with the product. A few years ago I decided (without my doctor) to apply the gel every other day. The result was an UTI. My doctor told me I would need to be on Divigel for the rest of my life. The reason is if I ...
You may be interested in these reviews
I have constant uti and fibromyalgia and i haven't. had a bad flare up until now i just finished a round of macrobid and. still have the uti and still hurting from the fibromyalgia. I know i have to take the antibiotics and just hurt i guess. any opinions to help with the pain for fibromyalgia.
I was on Eliquis for 6 months. I got a bladder infection after I completed my medication. I bled and so much pain. I was on Cipro and Bactrim. It helped but after 14 days came back. Went to Urologist. He has ordered a Cystoscopy. I am 66.
I have an indiana pouch due to the face that my own bladder was so bad from IC. Now I am getting just as many infections and I don't know why. I am immunie to most antibiotics because I have taken so many since about 1994.