Uti and Water retention - from FDA reports
Water retention is found among people with Uti, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, take medication Levaquin and have Blood phosphorus increased. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 48 people who have Uti from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials).
48 people who have Uti and Water Retention are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Uti and experience Water Retention *:
- female: 82.61 %
- male: 17.39 %
Age of people who have Uti and experience Water Retention *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
Top co-existing conditions for these people *:
- Gout (uric acid crystals building up in the body): 4 people, 8.33%
- Blood Phosphorus Increased: 4 people, 8.33%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 3 people, 6.25%
- Depression: 3 people, 6.25%
- Quit Smoking: 3 people, 6.25%
Most common drugs for these people *:
- Levaquin: 9 people, 18.75%
- Cephalexin: 7 people, 14.58%
- Lasix: 7 people, 14.58%
- Aspirin: 6 people, 12.50%
- Cipro: 6 people, 12.50%
Top symptoms for these people *:
- Joint Pain: 12 people, 25.00%
- Weight Increased: 10 people, 20.83%
- Swelling Face: 8 people, 16.67%
- Pleural Effusion (water on the lungs): 7 people, 14.58%
- Pain In Extremity: 7 people, 14.58%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you have Water retention with Uti?
You are not alone:
Uti (urinary tract infection) can be treated by Cipro, Macrobid, Bactrim, Nitrofurantoin, Ciprofloxacin hydrochloride (latest reports from 146,267 Uti patients)
Water retention has been reported by people with primary pulmonary hypertension, pulmonary hypertension, high blood pressure, diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 46,608 Water retention patients).
Drugs that are associated with Water retentionWater retention (2,235 drugs)
Other conditions that could cause Water retentionWater retention (1,859 conditions)
Browse all symptoms of Utia b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
- What to expect when you take Baclofen and Sertraline
- Will you have Heart Palpitations with Relenza?
- Will you have Palpitations Aggravated with Relenza?
- Will you have Palpitations with Relenza?
- Will you have Irregular Heartbeat with Relenza?
- Will you have Heart Racing with Relenza?
- Will you have Heart Pounding with Relenza?
- Will you have Heartbeat Sensations with Relenza?
- Will you have Heart Pounding Or Racing with Relenza?
- Will you have Eye Infection Staphylococcal with Docetaxel?
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.