Ventricular tachycardia and Hyperthyroidism - from FDA reports
Hyperthyroidism is found among people with Ventricular tachycardia, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, take medication Cordarone and have Atrial fibrillation/flutter. This review analyzes which people have Hyperthyroidism with Ventricular tachycardia. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 61 people who have Ventricular tachycardia from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jan, 22, 2018
61 people who have Ventricular Tachycardia and Hyperthyroidism are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Ventricular Tachycardia and experience Hyperthyroidism *:
- female: 22.41 %
- male: 77.59 %
Age of people who have Ventricular Tachycardia and experience Hyperthyroidism *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 1.82 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 3.64 %
- 40-49: 16.36 %
- 50-59: 38.18 %
- 60+: 40.0 %
Top co-existing conditions for these people *:
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (5 people, 8.20%)
- Hypothyroidism (4 people, 6.56%)
- Cardiac Failure (3 people, 4.92%)
- Ventricular Extrasystoles (1 person, 1.64%)
- Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy (1 person, 1.64%)
Most common drugs for these people *:
- Cordarone (10 people, 16.39%)
- Lasix (4 people, 6.56%)
- Aspirin (4 people, 6.56%)
- Lipitor (3 people, 4.92%)
- Carvedilol (2 people, 3.28%)
Top symptoms for these people *:
- Thyroiditis (9 people, 14.75%)
- Weight Decreased (6 people, 9.84%)
- Acute Kidney Failure (6 people, 9.84%)
- Thyrotoxic Crisis (5 people, 8.20%)
- Febrile Neutropenia (5 people, 8.20%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Hyperthyroidism and Ventricular tachycardia?
- Check symptoms - is your hyperthyroidism caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- Write a Post - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeHyperthyroidism and Ventricular tachycardia from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Ventricular tachycardia (rapid heartbeat that originates in one of the lower chambers (the ventricles) of the heart) can be treated by Metoprolol tartrate, Atenolol, Verapamil hydrochloride, Flecainide acetate, Bisoprolol fumarate (latest reports from 17,009 Ventricular tachycardia patients)
Hyperthyroidism (over activity of the thyroid gland) has been reported by people with atrial fibrillation/flutter, high blood pressure, hypothyroidism, osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis (latest reports from 12,439 Hyperthyroidism patients).
Browse all symptoms of Ventricular tachycardiaa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Could your drugs cause HyperthyroidismHyperthyroidism
Other conditions that could case HyperthyroidismHyperthyroidism
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Dulani S, Dulani R, Lele S, Diagavane S, Anjankar S, Jaiswal N, Subramaniam PS, Juneja R, "Chronic Subdural Haematoma in a Case of Hyperthyroidism Presenting with Papilledema", Chinese Medicine, 2012 Dec .
What would happen?
Can you answer these questions?
Upon being diagnosed with hyperthyroidism and prescribed Methimazole. I am now experiencing (what seems to be) a urinary tract infection. Trying to get in to see another doctor. Is this normal with taking Methimazole? I am a breast cancer survivor and it seems as if these recent meds that I ...
My wife who is 60 took Diflukin for 16 days and ended up with Hyperthyroidism Had to rush her to ER with a heartbeat of over 160. Is the development of hyperthyroidism permanent? or will it resolve itself. She never had thiroid problems before taking Diflukin. Has anyone had this ...
I was prescribed pantoprazole recently and I started taking it along with levothyroxine 30 minutes before eating or taking anything else. I have noticed that I am very sleepy and can sleep for most of the day and not have enough. Is it possible that the pantoprazole has made the ...
i took phentamine for less than a month off and on - -i didn't like the side effects so i stopped -- i now have been diagnosis of hyperthyroidism is there a way to offset this without taking hyperthyroid drugs-- i dont like taking drugs
You may be interested in these posts
I was taking 'nutrilite ginkgo biloba siberian ginseng', after some days VT had occured, due to that rectal thrombosis, ICD was placed, brain stoke also happened. Because of that right side paralysis from which currently I am recovering.
I'm in so much pain with my hiatal hernia and hyperthyroidism. It's a hard hard battle everyday and especially at night. I'm going to have another test to see if I suffer also with lupus. I feel like I'm having a heart attack just about every day! I'm give out with research and having to wait so ...