Ventricular tachycardia and Hyperthyroidism - from FDA reports
Hyperthyroidism is found among people with Ventricular tachycardia, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, take medication Cordarone and have Atrial fibrillation/flutter. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 84 people who have Ventricular tachycardia from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials). If you find eHealthMe useful, please help us to spread the words below or leave us a testimonial.
84 people who have Ventricular Tachycardia and Hyperthyroidism are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Ventricular Tachycardia and experience Hyperthyroidism *:
- female: 25.64 %
- male: 74.36 %
Age of people who have Ventricular Tachycardia and experience Hyperthyroidism *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 1.33 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 2.67 %
- 40-49: 20.0 %
- 50-59: 37.33 %
- 60+: 38.67 %
Top co-existing conditions for these people *:
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (atrial fibrillation and flutter are abnormal heart rhythms in which the atria, or upper chambers of the heart, are out of sync with the ventricles): 5 people, 5.95%
- Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development): 4 people, 4.76%
- Congestive Cardiomyopathy (weakening of heart muscle): 3 people, 3.57%
- Cardiac Failure: 3 people, 3.57%
- Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy (a condition in which the heart muscle becomes abnormally thick): 2 people, 2.38%
Most common drugs for these people *:
- Cordarone: 10 people, 11.90%
- Lasix: 4 people, 4.76%
- Aspirin: 4 people, 4.76%
- Lipitor: 3 people, 3.57%
- Ramipril: 2 people, 2.38%
Top symptoms for these people *:
- Thyroiditis (inflammation of thyroid gland): 14 people, 16.67%
- Weight Decreased: 7 people, 8.33%
- Acute Kidney Failure: 6 people, 7.14%
- Ventricular Arrhythmia (problem with the rate or rhythm of the heartbeat): 6 people, 7.14%
- Febrile Neutropenia (fever with reduced white blood cells): 5 people, 5.95%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you have Hyperthyroidism with Ventricular tachycardia?
You are not alone:
Ventricular tachycardia (rapid heartbeat that originates in one of the lower chambers (the ventricles) of the heart) can be treated by Metoprolol tartrate, Atenolol, Verapamil hydrochloride, Flecainide acetate, Bisoprolol fumarate (latest reports from 18,621 Ventricular tachycardia patients)
Hyperthyroidism (over activity of the thyroid gland) has been reported by people with atrial fibrillation/flutter, hypothyroidism, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis (latest reports from 14,983 Hyperthyroidism patients).
Drugs that are associated with HyperthyroidismHyperthyroidism (1,386 drugs)
Other conditions that could cause HyperthyroidismHyperthyroidism (960 conditions)
Browse all symptoms of Ventricular tachycardiaa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Dulani S, Dulani R, Lele S, Diagavane S, Anjankar S, Jaiswal N, Subramaniam PS, Juneja R, "Chronic Subdural Haematoma in a Case of Hyperthyroidism Presenting with Papilledema", Chinese Medicine, 2012 Dec .
Recent general studies
- Will you have V Tach with Metoprolol Tartrate? - now
- Will you have Arthralgia with Nitrolingual? - now
- Will you have Tachycardia - Ventricular with Metoprolol Tartrate? - now
- Will you have Joint Pain with Nitrolingual? - now
- Will you have Ventricular Tachycardia with Metoprolol Tartrate? - now
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 40 year old woman who takes Lansoprazole, Lamictal, Carbamazepine - 20 minutes ago
- A study for a 33 year old woman who takes Zoloft, Velivet - 3 hours ago
- A study for a 42 year old woman who takes Xarelto, Sumatriptan - 3 hours ago
- A study for a 54 year old woman who takes Norco - 7 hours ago
- A study for a 64 year old man who takes Metformin - 8 hours ago
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.