Ventricular tachycardia and Hyperthyroidism - from FDA reports
Hyperthyroidism is found among people with Ventricular tachycardia, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, take medication Cordarone and have Atrial fibrillation/flutter. This review analyzes which people have Hyperthyroidism with Ventricular tachycardia. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 61 people who have Ventricular tachycardia from FDA , and is updated regularly.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our original studies have been referenced on 400+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including: The Lancet, and Mayo Clinic Proceedings.
61 people who have Ventricular Tachycardia and Hyperthyroidism are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Ventricular Tachycardia and experience Hyperthyroidism *:
- female: 22.41 %
- male: 77.59 %
Age of people who have Ventricular Tachycardia and experience Hyperthyroidism *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 1.82 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 3.64 %
- 40-49: 16.36 %
- 50-59: 38.18 %
- 60+: 40.0 %
Top co-existing conditions for these people *:
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (atrial fibrillation and flutter are abnormal heart rhythms in which the atria, or upper chambers of the heart, are out of sync with the ventricles): 5 people, 8.20%
- Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development): 4 people, 6.56%
- Cardiac Failure: 3 people, 4.92%
- Ventricular Extrasystoles (premature cardiac contraction): 1 person, 1.64%
- Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy (a condition in which the heart muscle becomes abnormally thick): 1 person, 1.64%
Most common drugs for these people *:
- Cordarone: 10 people, 16.39%
- Lasix: 4 people, 6.56%
- Aspirin: 4 people, 6.56%
- Lipitor: 3 people, 4.92%
- Carvedilol: 2 people, 3.28%
Top symptoms for these people *:
- Thyroiditis (inflammation of thyroid gland): 9 people, 14.75%
- Weight Decreased: 6 people, 9.84%
- Acute Kidney Failure: 6 people, 9.84%
- Thyrotoxic Crisis (a life threatening condition due to excess secretion of thyroid hormone): 5 people, 8.20%
- Febrile Neutropenia (fever with reduced white blood cells): 5 people, 8.20%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Hyperthyroidism with Ventricular tachycardia?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Hyperthyroidism
- Predict new side effects and undetected conditions
- Connect with people like you, or share your experience to help people like you
We suggest these affordable tests for self monitoring. You can order them and receive results on eHealthMe. No doctor referral or insurance necessary.
- Cbc (includes differential and platelets) ($32.00) Add to cart
- Thyroid antibodies panel ($82.00) Add to cart
- Thyroid panel with tsh plus free t3 and free t4 ($99.00) Add to cart
- Urinalysis, complete with microscopic examination ($39.00) Add to cart
Ventricular tachycardia (rapid heartbeat that originates in one of the lower chambers (the ventricles) of the heart) can be treated by Metoprolol tartrate, Atenolol, Verapamil hydrochloride, Flecainide acetate, Bisoprolol fumarate (latest reports from 17,009 Ventricular tachycardia patients)
Hyperthyroidism (over activity of the thyroid gland) has been reported by people with atrial fibrillation/flutter, high blood pressure, hypothyroidism, osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis (latest reports from 12,439 Hyperthyroidism patients).
Drugs that are associated with HyperthyroidismHyperthyroidism (1,421 drugs)
Other conditions that could cause HyperthyroidismHyperthyroidism (956 conditions)
Browse all symptoms of Ventricular tachycardiaa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeHyperthyroidism and Ventricular tachycardia from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Dulani S, Dulani R, Lele S, Diagavane S, Anjankar S, Jaiswal N, Subramaniam PS, Juneja R, "Chronic Subdural Haematoma in a Case of Hyperthyroidism Presenting with Papilledema", Chinese Medicine, 2012 Dec .
Analysis tools (to study 684 million drug outcomes from FDA)
- Check symptoms - identify the cause of a symptom: from a drug or from a condition?
- Check drugs - find out common side effects or drug interactions of my drugs.
- Compare drugs - compare the side effects and efficacy of multiple drugs side by side.
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who have Ventricular Tachycardia and Hyperthyroidism
- Support group for people who have Ventricular Tachycardia (28 members)
- Support group for people who have Hyperthyroidism (124 members)
Can you answer these questions
- Upon being diagnosed with hyperthyroidism and prescribed Methimazole. I am now experiencing (what seems to be) a urinary tract infection. Trying to get in to see another doctor. Is this normal with taking Methimazole? I am a breast cancer survivor and it seems as if these recent meds that I...
- My wife who is 60 took Diflukin for 16 days and ended up with Hyperthyroidism Had to rush her to ER with a heartbeat of over 160. Is the development of hyperthyroidism permanent? or will it resolve itself. She never had thiroid problems before taking Diflukin. Has anyone had this...
- i took phentamine for less than a month off and on - -i didn't like the side effects so i stopped -- i now have been diagnosis of hyperthyroidism is there a way to offset this without taking hyperthyroid drugs-- i dont like taking drugs
- Female aged 67 taking 100mcg levothyroxine daily for underactive thyroid plus daily aspirin for 4years. Recently prescribed formoterol fumarate inhaler (6 months ago) then Spiriva inhaler plus 40mg omeprazole a week ago. I booked a thyroid test 3 weeks ago because my under active symptoms...
- Anyone have graves/hyperthyroidism and takes phentermine?
You may be interested in these posts
- I was found hyperthyroid almost a week ago. I took yasmin around 5 years. I want to know if the cause of hyperthyroid was yasmin.
- I'm in so much pain with my hiatal hernia and hyperthyroidism. It's a hard hard battle everyday and especially at night. I'm going to have another test to see if I suffer also with lupus. I feel like I'm having a heart attack just about every day! I'm give out with research and having to wait so...
- I have Ventricular Tachycardia and also have a defibrillator with a Pace Maker should i be taking Viagra.I am taking a quarter of a 100 MG. pill of Viagra.
- I have anosmia and would like to find support. I went searching for an answer through Dr.s Yet they found a thyroid covered in nodes and a goiter, white spots on my brain, that I’m hyperthyroidism with a vitamin d deficiency and low sex hormones. But no one can tell me why I can’t smell.
- I had an episode of monomorphic v tach after taking prednisone a day and a half before. Got echos, mri, stress tests, stress echos, and an EP study and nothing abnormal has come out of it. Im 23 years old, and now im paranoid. I had a similar episode about a month ago, where i was given 60 mg of...
- Will you have T1Dm with Lavang?
- Will you have Transplant - Liver with Aceon?
- Will you have Hepatic Transplant with Aceon?
- Will you have Liver Transplant with Aceon?
- Will you have Decreased Interest with Xxxy Syndrome?
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who take Lavang and have T1Dm?
- Support group for people who take Aceon and have Transplant - Liver?
- Support group for people who take Aceon and have Hepatic Transplant?
- Support group for people who take Aceon and have Liver Transplant?
- Support group for people who have Xxxy Syndrome and Decreased Interest?
- What to expect when you take Lavang and have T1Dm?
- What to expect when you take Aceon and have Transplant - Liver?
- What to expect when you take Aceon and have Hepatic Transplant?
- What to expect when you take Aceon and have Liver Transplant?
- What to expect when you have Xxxy Syndrome and Decreased Interest?
- A study for a 55 year old woman who takes Metformin
- A study for a 55 year old woman who takes Effexor, Wellbutrin Sr
- A study for a 43 year old woman who takes Elavil, Amitiza, Inderal, Zomig, Cymbalta, Mepergan, Probiotics, Norco, Neurontin, Phenergan, Dodex
- A study for a 41 year old woman who takes Valtrex
- A study for a 24 year old woman who takes Aldactone, Yasmin
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.