Acarbose and Cipro drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported only by a few people who take Acarbose and Cipro together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Acarbose and Cipro. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 2 people who take the same drugs from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Dec, 04, 2017
2 people who take Acarbose, Cipro are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you take Acarbose and Cipro?
- Personalize the study to your gender and age
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeAcarbose and Cipro from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Acarbose has active ingredients of acarbose. It is often used in diabetes. (latest outcomes from Acarbose 2,298 users)
Cipro has active ingredients of ciprofloxacin. It is often used in infection. (latest outcomes from Cipro 6,056 users)
Interactions between Acarbose and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Cipro and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Acarbose and Ciproa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Acarbose (acarbose) is often used to treat diabetes. Cipro (ciprofloxacin) is often used to treat urinary tract infection. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Acarbose is used in:
- Cipro is used in:
What would happen?
Questions to the study
- can ciprofloxacin side effects lead to lost of body weight ?
- I am a 45 yr old female recently diagnosised with Relapsing Polychondritis. I have used cipro as my primary antibiotic for ear and sinus infections since 2008 and occasionally used before then. Reaching out to see if any other's have had RP diagnosised after regularly using Cipro. By ...
- I am wondering why you changed your website. I used to love seeing the graphs regarding a symptom and a drug. I am an RN and geriatric acre manager and I used to find your former website very helpful. The new one is not intuative and not nearly as helpful.
- I started taking cipro for a uti and the two nights I took it I had sleep paralysis. Do you think this is she to the meds ? I haven't had this happen before besides once when I was 22. Does anyone know anything about this?
- My sister was given Cipro for a "UTI" The urine culture was negative for infection. She had been c/o hematuria. She said after taking the Cipro for 24 hours it stopped her hematuria. 1. If culture was negative why would they give her Cipro? 2. Why would the Cipro stop the ...
User reviews to the study
- I'm trying to figure out what could be wrong with me. The only drug I take everyday is acarbose. Its been about a year and my knee pain especially is unbearable. I've just stopped taking acarbose to see if the pain gets better
- Hello! My father 79 years old took ciprofloxacin about 1,5 years ago for urinary infection reason and after the first pills he started feeling Bradykinesia, instability etc. He was just checked by neurologist and he informed us that he has parkinsonism syndrom. Please inform me if the specified ...
- I was put on Cipro back in December 2016 for a UTI, diagnosed at the ER as I thought I had another kidney stone. Within a week I developed ringing in the ears. I saw my PA and she informed me that Cipro could cause the ringing and it may or may not go away. My experience is that it is not going ...
- I had a life threatening experience 2 years ago with CIPRO. I had already listed leviquine and tequine as allergies with my Primary Care Dr. Went in with bronchitis and was prescribed CIPRO. I didn't know that it was in the same family of antibiotics as the "other quines". 2 days later I ...
- Sore and red rash on penis; also small blemish on foreskin. Dr had me on a topical cream which hasn't worked after two weeks; on Cipro 5 weeks.