Acarbose and Lipitor drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Acarbose and Lipitor together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Acarbose and Lipitor. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 99 people who take the same drugs from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 13, 2017
99 people who take Acarbose, Lipitor are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
6 - 12 months:
2 - 5 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeAcarbose and Lipitor from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Acarbose has active ingredients of acarbose. It is often used in diabetes. (latest outcomes from Acarbose 2,298 users)
Lipitor has active ingredients of atorvastatin calcium. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from Lipitor 192,117 users)
Interactions between Acarbose and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Lipitor and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Acarbose and Lipitora b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Acarbose (acarbose) is often used to treat diabetes. Lipitor (atorvastatin calcium) is often used to treat high blood cholesterol. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Acarbose is used in:
- Lipitor is used in:
What would happen?
Questions to the study
- 10 years ago I had two stents put in. Was initially put on statin and Plavix. Did not handle statin well so quit it and got more serious with diet. Hung in there with Plavix for 6 months but didn't it. Was told I could go off of it. No problems and lipids were reducing each year to near ...
- since starting sulfasalazine for joint pain, my depression is back and very bad. Does sulfasalazine exacerbate depression?
- Is it safe to take Aleve for head pressure caused by stress and anxiety while taking Buspar
- Has anyone experienced partial seizures when taking both Lipitor and Forteo. I am getting ready to start both of these drugs
- I am experiencing fatigue, muscle cramps, and muscle and joint pain. I have read that others have experienced the same as a result of taking these medications together. Anybody else have a similar experience?
User reviews to the study
- I'm trying to figure out what could be wrong with me. The only drug I take everyday is acarbose. Its been about a year and my knee pain especially is unbearable. I've just stopped taking acarbose to see if the pain gets better
- I am 72 year old woman about to Take 12.5 mg of methotrexate once week and 40 mg of Lipitor daily . Anyone have side effects from this dosage?
- I have been taking Lipitor for over 40 years and just started Xarelto 8 months and I'm not the same guy I feel down and tired all the time. I have been vary active all my life and this is not good.
- Fibromuscular Dysplasia of right kidney artery discovered accidentally by a cat scan with dye in it when integrative dr was looking for a renin producing tumour after my BP kept going high. No tumour found, but FMD was discovered. I have been on 80mg of Lipitor for 10yrs due to high cholesterol. ...
- I started taking Lipitor 20 mg In July 2016.Took blood test Sept 2016.Bilirinin total was 1.4,retested March 207 still 1.4.The lab test indicates this is high. I found this out by requesting copies of my blood tests.my doctor did not mention this to me. I am concerned about the longer term ...