Acetaminophen and Ibuprofen drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Acetaminophen and Ibuprofen together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Acetaminophen and Ibuprofen. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 5,511 people who take the same drugs from FDA , and is updated regularly.
5,511 people who take Acetaminophen, Ibuprofen are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
1 - 6 months:
6 - 12 months:
1 - 2 years:
2 - 5 years:
5 - 10 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
- Subscribe to monitor Acetaminophen and Ibuprofen
- Subscribe to monitor Acetaminophen
- Subscribe to monitor Ibuprofen
Do you take Acetaminophen with Ibuprofen?
- Personalize this study to your gender and age
- Predict new side effects and undetected conditions
- Connect with people like you, or share your experience to help people like you
- Print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Acetaminophen has active ingredients of acetaminophen. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Acetaminophen 76,319 users)
Ibuprofen has active ingredients of ibuprofen. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Ibuprofen 107,282 users)
Interactions between Acetaminophen and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Ibuprofen and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Acetaminophen and Ibuprofena b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Moslim MA, Sodeman TC, Nawras AT, "A Case of Suggested Ibuprofen-Induced Acute Pancreatitis", American journal of therapeutics, 2016 Nov .
What would happen?
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who take Acetaminophen (65 members)
- Support group for people who take Ibuprofen
- Support group for people who take Acetaminophen and Ibuprofen
You may be interested in these posts
- Yesterday I went to the ER for an infection with a fever and worsening of my breathing (I have COPD). I am 64 years old and had been taking Advil at home for fever and muscle aches and Ventolin for my cough. I was given 3 Tylenol tablets to lower my temperature by a nurse. I did explain that I...
- What can I take that wouldn't have this side of fact thank you
- trying for several years to find out what on earth i have no one has any answers just found this condition as of this date now to get some treatment any help much appreciated would like to find the original cause of this
- taking Tylenol and Aleve for back pain. I understand either one can cause vomiting.
- Taking Ibuprophen 800mg at night and having the worst nightmares. I scream, try to fall out of bed to wake up, think I'm awake but nightmare continues. One night woke up sobbing & banging on wall to wake another family member. If I take it in afternoon it doesn't seem to be a problem. Anybody...
- Will you have Anxiety with Zanaflex?
- Will you have Plmd with Keppra Xr?
- Will you have Bipolar I Disorder with Neoral?
- Hydrea and Nicorette drug interaction
- Will you have Pancreatitis with Methylprednisolone Acetate?
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who take Zanaflex and have Anxiety?
- Support group for people who take Keppra Xr and have Plmd?
- Support group for people who take Neoral and have Bipolar I Disorder?
- Support group for people who take Hydrea and Nicorette
- Support group for people who take Methylprednisolone Acetate and have Pancreatitis?
- What to expect when you take Zanaflex and have Anxiety?
- What to expect when you take Keppra Xr and have Plmd?
- What to expect when you take Neoral and have Bipolar I Disorder?
- What to expect when you take Hydrea and Nicorette
- What to expect when you take Methylprednisolone Acetate and have Pancreatitis?
- A study for a 59 year old man who takes Tramadol
- A study for a 20 year old man who takes Alcohol, Loraz
- A study for a 30 year old woman who takes Microzide, Ramipril, Clarithromycin
- A study for a 71 year old man who takes Clonidine
- A study for a 59 year old woman who takes Paxil Cr
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.