Acth and Keppra drug interactions - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Acth and Keppra. Common interactions include nausea among females and dyspnoea among males.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes what interactions people who take Acth and Keppra have. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 109 people who take Acth and Keppra from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
109 people who take Acth and Keppra together, and have interactions are studied.
What is Acth?
Acth has active ingredients of corticotropin. eHealthMe is studying from 5,018 Acth users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Keppra?
Keppra has active ingredients of levetiracetam. It is often used in epilepsy. eHealthMe is studying from 66,579 Keppra users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
Number of Acth and Keppra reports submitted per year:
Acth and Keppra drug interactions by gender *:
Acth and Keppra drug interactions by age *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Acth and Keppra?Personalize this study to your gender and age
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Schattner A, Al-Bewerat A, "Levetiracetam (Keppra), urinary retention and literature search", A fatty cause of renal failure; what is your diagnosis?, 2016 Oct .
- Spengler DC, Montouris GD, Hohler AD, "Levetiracetam as a possible contributor to acute kidney injury", Clinical therapeutics, 2014 Aug .
- Almeida DM, Jean MR, Chystsiakova A, Monahan E, Oliveira SB, Monteiro IM, "Levetiracetam-associated acute pancreatitis in an adolescent with autism: a case report", Pancreas, 2013 Jan .
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of the 2 drugs:
Common Acth and Keppra interactions:
- Seizures (abnormal excessive or synchronous neuronal activity in the brain): 13 reports
- Drowsiness: 7 reports
- Pneumonia: 6 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 4 reports
Browse all drug interactions of Acth and Keppra:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Acth side effects:
- Drug ineffective: 349 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 345 reports
- Weakness: 285 reports
- High blood pressure: 278 reports
- Weight increased: 241 reports
- Death: 221 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 202 reports
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 197 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 192 reports
Browse all side effects of Acth:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Keppra side effects:
- Seizures (abnormal excessive or synchronous neuronal activity in the brain): 6,563 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 3,947 reports
- Drug ineffective: 3,428 reports
- Drowsiness: 2,702 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 2,524 reports
- Dizziness: 2,508 reports
- Weakness: 2,353 reports
Browse all side effects of Keppra:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Acth interactions:
- Acth and Prednisone: 528 reports
- Acth and Vitamin d: 276 reports
- Acth and Sabril: 267 reports
- Acth and Gabapentin: 223 reports
- Acth and Baclofen: 215 reports
- Acth and Ampyra: 195 reports
- Acth and Methotrexate: 184 reports
- Acth and Omeprazole: 179 reports
- Acth and Aspirin: 175 reports
- Acth and Furosemide: 155 reports
Browse all interactions between Acth and drugs from A to Z:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Keppra interactions:
- Keppra and Lamictal: 5,003 reports
- Keppra and Vimpat: 4,661 reports
- Keppra and Aspirin: 3,354 reports
- Keppra and Topamax: 2,959 reports
- Keppra and Tegretol: 2,931 reports
- Keppra and Gabapentin: 2,475 reports
- Keppra and Clonazepam: 2,271 reports
- Keppra and Lamotrigine: 2,235 reports
- Keppra and Omeprazole: 2,220 reports
- Keppra and Depakote: 2,194 reports
Browse all interactions between Keppra and drugs from A to Z:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on corticotropin and levetiracetam (the active ingredients of Acth and Keppra, respectively), and Acth and Keppra (the brand names). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study. Patients in the study may take other drugs besides Acth and Keppra.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Losartan and Shock Haemorrhagic - 4 seconds ago
- Pantoprazole and Protein Urine Present - 12 seconds ago
- Tetracycline Hydrochloride and Methotrexate drug interaction - 19 seconds ago
- Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura (Itp) and Urine Output Decreased - 20 seconds ago
- Escitalopram and Victoza drug interaction - 23 seconds ago
- Ativan and Bence Jones Proteinuria - 36 seconds ago
- Lotrel and Cannabis drug interaction - 44 seconds ago
- Metadate Er and Fatigue - 46 seconds ago
- Clonidine vs. Tiazac - 47 seconds ago
- Sumatriptan Succinate and Enlarged Prostate - 49 seconds ago