Actos and Glucophage drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Actos and Glucophage together. This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Actos and Glucophage. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 4,823 people who take the same drugs from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 02, 2017
4,823 people who take Actos, Glucophage are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
1 - 6 months:
6 - 12 months:
1 - 2 years:
2 - 5 years:
5 - 10 years:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeActos and Glucophage from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Actos has active ingredients of pioglitazone hydrochloride. It is often used in diabetes. (latest outcomes from Actos 43,794 users)
Glucophage has active ingredients of metformin hydrochloride. It is often used in diabetes. (latest outcomes from Glucophage 50,035 users)
Interactions between Actos and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Glucophage and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Actos and Glucophagea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
On eHealthMe, Actos (pioglitazone hydrochloride) is often used to treat type 2 diabetes. Glucophage (metformin hydrochloride) is often used to treat diabetes. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for and how effective they are.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Actos is used in:
- Glucophage is used in:
What would happen?
Questions to the study
- A bad fall in 2006. Required pain management MRIS, numerous tests and a cervical and lumbar surgery in 2007 to correct. Two Rear end car accidents while I was at a stop light. One in 2011 and one in 2015. I already had spinal stenosis and degenerative disc desease genetically passed on. Problems ...
User reviews to the study
- In taking Metformin (glucophage) my blood pressure does not usually come down to a good range. My daughter cannot take it because it raises her blood pressure, so I'm thinking this may be an issue for me, too. I need Metformin for my A1c, but don't want high blood pressure that even my bp meds ...
- Dear eHealth.me contributor: All information supplied on eHealth.me is not always from professionals in modern or alternative medicine. Response from others is not always in your best interest and the information given is often incomplete. Deciding to take medication requires two ...
- Am having radical prostatectomy Aug. 5, due to T1c tumor -- 30% of core F (2.5% of total), Glisan score 6 (3+3). I think the cancer may have been caused by my long-term use of pioglitazone to control chronic episodic hypoglycemia (Somogyi episides).
- I have been taking generic Actos (30MG) for about 6 weeks and I am having problems with the digestive track. Not exactly sure if it is the meds.
- Long time Actos user. Right Kidney removed in May, 2014. Local lawyer told me I had no recourse. Is there any legal activity going on regarding Actos and Kidney Cancer.