Alendronate sodium and Dexilant drug interactions - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Alendronate sodium and Dexilant. Common interactions include psoriatic arthropathy among females and mobility decreased among males.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes what interactions people who take Alendronate sodium and Dexilant have. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 407 people who take Alendronate sodium and Dexilant from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
407 people who take Alendronate sodium and Dexilant together, and have interactions are studied.
What is Alendronate sodium?
Alendronate sodium has active ingredients of alendronate sodium. It is often used in osteoporosis. eHealthMe is studying from 37,122 Alendronate sodium users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Dexilant?
Dexilant has active ingredients of dexlansoprazole. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. eHealthMe is studying from 52,273 Dexilant users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
Number of Alendronate sodium and Dexilant reports submitted per year:
Alendronate sodium and Dexilant drug interactions by gender *:
Alendronate sodium and Dexilant drug interactions by age *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Alendronate sodium and Dexilant?Personalize this study to your gender and age
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Stuckey BG, Sallie R, "Alendronate-induced unmasking or deterioration of coeliac disease: a case series", Osteoporosis International, 2015 Jan .
- Lee WY, Sun LM, Lin MC, Liang JA, Chang SN, Sung FC, Muo CH, Kao CH, "A higher dosage of oral alendronate will increase the subsequent cancer risk of osteoporosis patients in Taiwan: a population-based cohort study", PloS one, 2012 Dec .
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of the 2 drugs:
- Alendronate sodium (37,122 reports)
- Dexilant (52,273 reports)
Common Alendronate sodium and Dexilant interactions:
- Joint pain: 4 reports
Browse all drug interactions of Alendronate sodium and Dexilant:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Alendronate sodium side effects:
- Pain: 5,043 reports
- Drug ineffective: 4,933 reports
- Joint pain: 4,792 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 4,521 reports
- Rashes (redness): 4,043 reports
- High blood pressure: 3,988 reports
Browse all side effects of Alendronate sodium:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Dexilant side effects:
- Chronic kidney disease: 26,802 reports
- Acute kidney failure: 9,693 reports
- Interstitial nephritis (inflammation of the kidney): 3,382 reports
- Drug ineffective: 2,435 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 2,389 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 2,156 reports
- Death: 2,039 reports
- Diarrhea: 1,990 reports
Browse all side effects of Dexilant:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Alendronate sodium interactions:
- Alendronate sodium and Prednisone: 9,071 reports
- Alendronate sodium and Methotrexate: 7,868 reports
- Alendronate sodium and Humira: 6,321 reports
- Alendronate sodium and Enbrel: 5,597 reports
- Alendronate sodium and Folic acid: 4,390 reports
- Alendronate sodium and Sulfasalazine: 3,934 reports
- Alendronate sodium and Remicade: 3,860 reports
- Alendronate sodium and Orencia: 3,641 reports
- Alendronate sodium and Actemra: 3,437 reports
- Alendronate sodium and Hydroxychloroquine sulfate: 3,271 reports
Browse all interactions between Alendronate sodium and drugs from A to Z:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Common Dexilant interactions:
- Dexilant and Nexium: 31,647 reports
- Dexilant and Prilosec: 29,094 reports
- Dexilant and Prevacid: 28,796 reports
- Dexilant and Protonix: 28,649 reports
- Dexilant and Nexium 24hr: 23,266 reports
- Dexilant and Prilosec otc: 17,448 reports
- Dexilant and Omeprazole: 8,995 reports
- Dexilant and Aciphex: 6,922 reports
- Dexilant and Aspirin: 5,321 reports
- Dexilant and Vimovo: 5,256 reports
Browse all interactions between Dexilant and drugs from A to Z:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on alendronate sodium and dexlansoprazole (the active ingredients of Alendronate sodium and Dexilant, respectively), and Alendronate sodium and Dexilant (the brand names). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study. Patients in the study may take other drugs besides Alendronate sodium and Dexilant.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease and Prostate Cancer Stage I - 3 seconds ago
- Benadryl and Color Blindness - 6 seconds ago
- Advil and Injection Site Extravasation - 7 seconds ago
- Cardiac Failure Chronic and Empyema - 10 seconds ago
- Keppra and Ketoprofen drug interaction - 11 seconds ago
- Colestid and Nitro-Bid drug interaction - 17 seconds ago
- Paracetamol and Breath Odor - 21 seconds ago
- Abdominal Rigidity and Abdominal Distension - 22 seconds ago
- Gravol and Heparin drug interaction - 24 seconds ago
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease and Organ Failure - 25 seconds ago