Bactrim and Zoloft drug interactions - from FDA reports
Drug interactions are reported among people who take Bactrim and Zoloft together. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 1,119 people who take Bactrim and Zoloft from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials).
1,119 people who take Bactrim, Zoloft are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Most common drug interactions over time *:
< 1 month:
1 - 6 months:
Most common drug interactions by gender *:
Most common drug interactions by age *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you take Bactrim and Zoloft?
You are not alone:
Bactrim has active ingredients of sulfamethoxazole; trimethoprim. It is often used in urinary tract infection. (latest outcomes from Bactrim 51,429 users)
Zoloft has active ingredients of sertraline hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from Zoloft 111,479 users)
Interactions between Bactrim and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Interactions between Zoloft and drugs from A to Za b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Browse all drug interactions of Bactrim and Zolofta b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Izgi C, Erdem G, Mansuroglu D, Kurtoglu N, Kara M, Gunesdogdu F, "Severe hypokalemia probably associated with sertraline use", Annals of Pharmacotherapy, 2014 Jan .
What would happen?
Predict new side effects and undetected conditions when you take Bactrim and Zoloft (34,068 reports studied)
- Will you have Insulin Shock with Mesalamine?
- Will you have Nausea And Vomiting with Gabapentin?
- Will you have Hypoglycaemia with Mesalamine?
- Will you have Upset Stomach with Gabapentin?
- Will you have Hypoglycemia with Mesalamine?
- Will you have Stomach Upset with Gabapentin?
- Will you have Pain - Elbow with Prednisone?
- Will you have Emesis with Gabapentin?
- Will you have Vomiting with Gabapentin?
- Will you have Chronic with Aspirin?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.